• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why is is possible to IV drugs that aren't water soluble?

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
Bensodiazepines are normally not soluble in water. One would have to use something like propylene glucol or alcohol to solve the benzo in water. However, I've tried IVing, for example: Zopiclone, Alprazolam and Clonazepam. From pills. And guess what? I do get affected by it, even though I filter the solution through micron filters.

Why is this? I'm not saying I get all of the drug into my blood stream, but most certainly a significant one. Yesterday I IV'd 15 mg Zopiclone, from pills, and I actually felt more from it than I would have if I swallowed it, or even plugged it.

Perharhaps the best course of action (IF one is going to IV) would be to IV the water solution, and then swallow (ewww) or plug the goo. Obviously the best course of action is to not IV it at all, but that's not me. For the most part, the solution becomes quite clear - not muddy at all.

What do you think?

That's crazy cuz when I was brand new to The needle I tried shooting som Librium capsules. Like I said I was new to the needle and didn't know shit about solubility, or micron filters...oops.. but anyways, I couldn't hit a vein and I ended up IMing it and I got pretty faded of it. (And consequently failed a UA for benzos.) But looking back its like how did that work with a water insoluble benzo?

A benzo like Alprazolam is 0.04 mg-ml and improves to 0.1mg/ml @ pH 5, but it's still pretty inefficient overall considering it has a 15 min oral onset. Exceptions being Flurazepam (Dalmane) and Midazolam.

The obvious conclusion.... Eat your water insoluble benzos and compounds don't inject them. If you're really desperate make a 50:50 water and medical grade pg solution.

Placebo mostly I would guess.

NAH - I've been an IV user and I don't IV pills anymore, but when I was younger I done stupid shit. You can definitely crush a 2mg xanax for example, stir it well, heat it and suck it up with will shitty filtering and get an effect. But good luck with your veins and limbs even if you make a habit of it.

Do not try to inject xanax especially with water. The poster above is a bad strong careless idiot who will kill themselves soon if they continue such stupid actions.... I say that with as much respect as I can

NAH - I've been an IV user and I don't IV pills anymore, but when I was younger I done stupid shit. You can definitely crush a 2mg xanax for example, stir it well, heat it and suck it up with will shitty filtering and get an effect. But good luck with your veins and limbs even if you make a habit of it.

i can see a cigarette filter allowing a few hundred mcgs of alprazolam through into IV solution but a 0.4 micron filter i dont see much getting through. I could be wrong.

To the OP. That is not an expiriment. Nor is it safe or sound advice. I have injected xanax with ethanol/water and zopiclone with water/heat. it was stupid, dangerous and a waste of time and probably drugs. i wouldnt know if i got an effect as my tolerance was so high at the time.

i know people here in ireland inject zopiclone in 2.5ml barrels and big blue needles into a big vein like the groin, however they do this by crushing the tablets to a fine dust and backloading them into the barrel, shaking and getting the plunger down before it clots and the syringe gets stuck.

this is incredibly unhealthy. it is different from injecting dalmane (flurazepam) which is water soluble and midazolam which is water soluble enough at lower PH solutions.

if you really want to EXPERIMENT try isolating zopiclone from tablets and turning it into a salt form that may be water soluble. zopiclone citrate perhaps. research. google is your friend.

Do not inject alcohol..... Use medical grade pg at a 50/50 mix with sterile water if you're that desperate...... Injecting alcohol on any amount will do massive damage and is idiotic to use besides benzyl alcohol to make a sterile solution with shelf life.

When I've injected DMT freebase in the past, I just use some white vinegar and water. It will sting if you don't dilute it enough though. Obviously you shouldn't be doing this without some idea of what you're doing.

The same works for crack so you can shoot it (still a disgusting and distasteful experience if you ask me).

Creating a 0.04mg/mL solution of alprazolam was only really good for high volume IM shots; I only mixed small amounts of alpraz. solution with meth to take the edge off; not high enough to "feel" the benzo on its own.

Flurazepam is water soluble but is NOT worth shooting; oral dosing works much better (as with temazepam). The goal with flurazepam IME is to feel benzo'd up for 12+ hours anyways. :)

No, lol. Try it yourself and you'll see. It wont kill you the first time if you use micron filters. See it like an experiment; like science.

please do not recommend this.
micron filters are great, but it's still very dangerous to inject pills. it drastically improves the safety, but any IV use of drugs not specifically manufactured for IV use in sterile conditions is risky.

i know nothing about chemistry or whatever, but i think it's possible you may have dissolved some percentage of your 'insoluble' drugs. i think lots of benzos have poor solubility, as opposed to being totally insoluble, but i could be wrong about that.
virtually insoluble material should be removed by micron filtering (again i don't know the specifics of different filter sizes and stuff) so it's the only way i can imagine that you're getting high off this.

it really is very dangerous to IV benzos - and really, it's not worth it - they're not going to give you a "rush", and they already have high oral bioavailability.
it's just dangerous. i don't think any of us can emphasis enough that using drugs intravenously should not be seen as an experiment that you should recommend people follow.
i'm not sure why you'd knowingly IV drugs that you know aren't soluble. maybe you have a needle fixation? it's not uncommon, but you might want to work on shaking the spike fetish.
the risks are high and the odds are stacked against you.
have you ever seen this thread before?

ya I was shooting Ambien.. (and lost my arm)

be careful, please. <3

Ch using vinegar aka acetic acid will create dmt/cocaine acetate, which is a way soluble salt. Rather than vinegar use vitamin c (absorbic acid) or citric acid to create a water soluble salt...

That said some compounds are not water soluble even when made into a salt. Freebase compounds also usually are not water soluble from my experience

please do not recommend this.
micron filters are great, but it's still very dangerous to inject pills. it drastically improves the safety, but any IV use of drugs not specifically manufactured for IV use in sterile conditions is risky.

i know nothing about chemistry or whatever, but i think it's possible you may have dissolved some percentage of your 'insoluble' drugs. i think lots of benzos have poor solubility, as opposed to being totally insoluble, but i could be wrong about that.
virtually insoluble material should be removed by micron filtering (again i don't know the specifics of different filter sizes and stuff) so it's the only way i can imagine that you're getting high off this.

it really is very dangerous to IV benzos - and really, it's not worth it - they're not going to give you a "rush", and they already have high oral bioavailability.
it's just dangerous. i don't think any of us can emphasis enough that using drugs intravenously should not be seen as an experiment that you should recommend people follow.
i'm not sure why you'd knowingly IV drugs that you know aren't soluble. maybe you have a needle fixation? it's not uncommon, but you might want to work on shaking the spike fetish.
the risks are high and the odds are stacked against you.
have you ever seen this thread before?

ya I was shooting Ambien.. (and lost my arm)

be careful, please.