• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower Why does vaping weed seem to get me higher?

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I've mostly been doing dab pens the past year, my friend bought a nice ass bong and some good weed and we were using that. Naturally a brand new bong, I want to milk the shit out of it and get zonked. But he got this like, $300 vape online. It came with a dope grinder with 6 pods you can insert and it dumps all the weed in the pods that are underneath, 0.2g per pod. We vaped 15% THC bud and were high as a freaking kite, and it was a cleaner high too. Much more upstairs and no heavy body load, no burnout, not even tinnitus which happens when I get high usually. I barely exhaled anything visible and yet I was totally blitzed, and that's sharing 0.2g per 2 of us! That much in a bong would get me pretty high alone, but sharing with someone else? I think I need to get one of these dry herb vapes. You can pack it too of course but the pods are convenient. It can hold a half G otherwise. It's a davinci dry herb vape and although it's expensive I might have to have a go at one, got a tax refund.

I honestly prefer the body high. So do you think it was the vape that made it heady or the strain, like a sativa or something?

Yeah I think the vape made it more heady. I seem to recall this being the case when we vaped some out of a homemade one with the lightbulb in high shcool lol. When I'd smoked some milky hits from the bong a few weeks ago I was floored and burnt out as hell 2 hours later. I was at a level of highness similar to that, but smoother. Haven't really smoked like that in a long time, when I smoked more often it didn't burn me out as hard. Now I get like a next day hangover practically with drowsiness. Dab pens don't really do that, but I don't think this would either.

The flower high is a lot different for me in general, I guess hitting dab pens for months didn't up my tolerance to flower or something. Likely because far less terpenes, but after not smoking for awhile I realized smoking it kinda sucks. This was my first time with one of these dry herb vapes and it's definitely better. Save weed, make edibles out of vaped weed and the flower high without having to smoke it.

...it's expensive...

Only because the wrong conceptual choices have been made early at the blueprints stage, leading to a dead-end where to waste money trying to compensate for some original designer sin, which is just more grotesque dealing with scenarios where the enegy budget is already cut by using e-liquids, rosin, "concentrates" and other appelations one might prefer...

The "venerable" Volcano is a striking carricature that even official $¢ientifi¢$ are ready to "certify" at health-Canada and that's still not accounting for serious public health issues linked to ritual, staring at paraphernalia for 2~3 while building-up apprehension, only to empty a bag that's similar to eating too much simply for the pleasure, when in fact it result from having no other simple options promoting self-awareness, in hope to gain social acceptability, etc., In The Name Of Children.

So i'd focu$ le$$ on the price tag and more on what's actually taking place, on a regular basis, year after year for decades. Good luck with the next few!

☮️

Above 220°C or so, THCV is released, which gives the body feeling, body feels heavier and so on

I don't know how high you go with the temperature, most ppl I know don't go much above 200°C, personally 190° is my point since all I want is already being released.

boiling-points-of-cannabinoids-infographic.png

I've always found vaped weed a much different high, although I'm not sure if it feels stronger to me. I feel like with vaping there is a ceiling of highness I can't get past (mostly one where beyond it I get super paranoid/ nauseous so I'm happy with it).

It is definitely more efficient than smoking, so for the same amount I get higher. It also meant that my vape paid for itself pretty quickly.

I agree that it's a cleaner high, since I've been vaping I haven't gone back to smoking, and my mouth doesn't taste like I went down on an ashtray.

So I know a bit about sciencing? But I'll full on admit that what I'm about to write is "Bro Science" and not anything I've tested in a lab. So I'm more or less straight up making this up.

I like what's already been said about vaporization temperatures and it sure makes sense to me. What I'll add to that is...short of pyrolysis, isn't vaporization thought to more efficiently (in terms of less wastage/ash) convert product into vapor?
From there I'd imagine that absent the flame associated with sparking you'd get less canibinoid destruction. But I'm kind of shaky on that point.
Probably the strongest point of what I'm saying is that higher lung pressure should encourage abosrption across the lung. Should lead to higher order effects that are not only rate mechanism encouraged but squeezing it into your lung alveoli should jack up absorption according to my doctor.
But anyways I'd guess that higher temperature air would generally be higher temperature (and therefore higher pressure).

Anyways that's a lot of theory. And there's a bit more that I could write but as mentioned, without a testing set up I just more or less made all of that up. Feedback welcomed.

Edit: If you're the sort of person prone to coughing from smoke, vaproized product should be introducing less of that into your lungs allowing you to hold the hit longer, assuming that's your goal. Thus another second order effect.

Last edited:
Above 220°C or so, THCv is released...

It would require a vaporizer capable of even flirting with combustion and a lot of patience to eventually acquire a perspective on the subtle nuances when it comes to inflamation.

...my vape paid for itself...

There's that nice benefit for sure, but lets see what's next...

...about vaporization temperatures... ... ...higher lung pressure should encourage abosrption... ... ...a lot of theory.

An individual named Enrico bouchard once claimed his Sublimator was actually heat-shrinking the airborne microscopic droplets somewhat further, hence enhancing bio-availability as the noble molecules could pass easily/conveniently from the alveolar system to our bloostream - which is part of what made us prefer inhalation in the 1st place: it's fast-acting.

As for the wide-spectrum "entourage" effect i find that's at least a conceptual contradiction when relying on a thermostatic model where the molecules get differentially released on a temperature basis, slow & steady step by step...

I dunno too much about explanations revolving around concepts as osmosis, pressure, etc., but i can tell there's an alternative to the static scenarios and that's to exploit a brief transition in Pulse Heating mode where designer issues as materials selection can be resolved at little cost thanks to a physical impossibility for heat to travel instantly through matter at instant speed - except for the radiative heat vector though it still comes with a delay attached when the time comes for energy conversion... Briefly put i found Silicon Carbide Foam is excellent at performing multiple difficult-to-juxtapose tasks, starting with the massive matrix collaboration of a multitude of energized air pockets ready to be carried into a cannabic bowl once airflow sets things in motion, only for a little while yet sufficiently durable to "release" the noble molecules and then conveniently carry them away from a heated bowl. now please consider Pulse Heating renders a time-compressed experience accessible in which temperature is virtually infinite within the range of application and hence we can reasonably expect *ALL* of the sacred goodies to be released on a ready-first basis.

Years ago i've compared this alternative scenario to the sadistic game of heat-shaving spiders using a torch and yet trying to avoid killing them, thanks to that transition implying delays that can't protect its hairs but won't destroy key organs under her exo-skeleton armor. When time-compressed enough the torching only causes the victim insect to get surrounded by glowing hairs being combusted on a basis of their specific heat capacity, available energy, weight and contact surface.

Hoping this explanation managed to provided some satisfactory hints to further explore.

:geek: