• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why does Healthcare and doctors get a pass and not cops?

doIhavePotential

Bluelighter
I've noticed people who have a big "fuck the police" type vibes don't extend that same sentiment to other groups who are part of the "drug war"

Like doctors get a pass on their prejudice of drug users and people are told not to lie to their doctors even when doctors can be just as bad as the cops.

Personally for me cop's aren't bothering me, but Healthcare is always prejudiced and open with discrimination

Doctors don't shoot you with guns, plant drugs on you, throw you in jail, and don't show up at your house at 3am uninvited.

I'm not looking behind my back for nurses in scrubs when I'm driving home.

Doctors save your life, cops ruin your life.

Totally different vibe.

i've had some cops treat me decent, like the time a cop knew i had a half ounce of weed in my pocket and he felt it during a search, but decided to drive me home because i was a bit drunk. he let me keep the weed. i'm not sure he really had the right to search me and i was enjoying my walk home, but i really can't complain.

if there's ever like a shoot out in a grocery store or something, i hope the cops will be there to do the right thing, but for the most part i'm not that into cops. not sure if society would be better if we didn't have laws. like if they passed out free drugs and food and everything were equal, maybe it'd stop people from robbing and killing, but another part of me feels like people are just psycho in general and we need cops... like some times people just drive crazy and i walk a lot. i've had people drive by me speeding and close to the side of the road and i didn't really like it. i would prefer a cop were there to see a person recklessly driving and stop people like that. i'm really torn on the issue, i used to not talk to my uncle and disrespect him becuase he was a prison gaurd. i figured if there were no gaurds there would be no prisons. some anarchist punk bull shit, i'm not really seeing that anymore to be honest.

i don't know much about health care. i hear it's hard to get pain killers and stuff if you are a drug user. there's probably all sorts of little loop holes that upset people. i'm guessing a lot of doctors just do what they are tought and try to follow the law. i'm no expert on this though.

^ I had a good experience (or as close as you can come to a good experience with them) with the cops when they showed up because i was having ptsd flashbacks and maybe a early psychotic episode last january. They saw the needles on the table and not only didnt give me shit about it but they also didnt rat me out to the paramedics for having them. I didnt want the paramedics knowing because it could have gone on my medical record. The cop who ended up talking to the paramedics simply said to me if you promise not to get violent with them or threaten them i wont tell them you shoot up and he actually kept his word. I couldnt believe it.

But even if good cops did exist a few good cops cant outdo the bad done by everyone else. The whole notion of police having to even exist is bullshit anyway imo. As for prison guards those guys are probably worse then actual cops. I found the nurses and security guards in the psych ward to be worse the the pigs to. They dont have the power that police do but they want it and it pisses them off that they dont have it.

Positions of power like being a pig or a prison guard will always atrract the power hungry and general scum in society anyway

Healthcare and the providing humans is a flawed pile of shit far too often, no doubt. Be that as it may, let’s imagine for a moment, watching the video of a nurse kneeling on George Floyd’s neck for 9 1/2 minutes, while he pleads for his life, ultimately suffocating him to death. Would there have been any debate or question of whether punishment should be imposed?

I've noticed people who have a big "fuck the police" type vibes don't extend that same sentiment to other groups who are part of the "drug war"

Like doctors get a pass on their prejudice of drug users and people are told not to lie to their doctors even when doctors can be just as bad as the cops.

Personally for me cop's aren't bothering me, but Healthcare is always prejudiced and open with discrimination
Cops are more in view of the public. Doctors dont have an ability to arrest you either. I hate Doctors too but don’t see them separate with the rest of society as far as contributing to the war on drugs.
They push whatever big pharma incentivizes and obvious reasons why big pharma is definitely a contributor.
What makes me more against cops and it’s not even against individual police it’s how addicts are portrayed as criminals and make the streets unsafe. The shit posted on social media is seriously infuriating and I believe it to be the top contributor and proponent of the war on drugs. It’s golden campaign material, and effective.
1/3 of all crime is drug crimes. The majority of drug crimes is simple possession. Eliminate prohibition and the percentage of drug crimes drops drastically. Crime basically would be cut a third if prohibition ended.