• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why did this happen?

Jimihendrix420

Greenlighter
OK, my first post so hopefully its in the right area. I had a pretty scary night last week and was curious as to what you think caused me to require 2 shots of narcan.

Background: have been doing oxycodone for 4+ years. Past couple years usage is 2-3 times a week on average with 5 30mg in a couple hour span on nights using. On off days doing a 1/4 to 1/2 a sub(8mg) for maintenance.

Drinking is something else I'm very used to. Anyhow, the other night,.... It was about 2+ weeks since my last oxy dose mainly because I was on a small break doing some coke. In that 2 weeks I had been on subs except for the past 2 days. Couldn't get any, didn't have $ for the girlfriend and I to get the blues. She had the idea of gabapentin lessen the WDs. I had never tried this before I was hesitant and took very small dose to see how I would be....300mg. This went on for 2 days. On the 2nd day I had a 300mg gaba in the morning. Worked all day, got out and had a few shots, the norm. Got paid, picked up my girl, felt a little vodka buzz, not much and picked up our usual 10 30mg for the night (5 ea).

I blew my first one on the ride home. IMMEDIATELY said "whoa,...whoa...." Girlfriend relays "what??" I reply "I feel fucked up" and started to squeeze my hand as if I'm trying to get blood pumping or something. I steadily decline in 15min drive home, get off the exit and at this point my girlfriend is begging for me to pull over so she can drive. At this point I start to not remember much. I remember getting out of the car, talking nonsense thinking why am I so fucked up....I get in the passenger seat and that's all I remember.

From the spot we pulled over to my house its like a 7min drive. I'm told when pulling onto my street I started making weird snoring like sounds. Girlfriend starts to freak obviously. Starts hitting me in the face and chest. Nothing. Lips are now blue, girlfriend hysterical. She calls 911. They arrive and ask what kind if heron I'm on. She says all he did was 1 30mg oxy. They give me 1st shot of narcan, nothing..... 2nd one... I'm immediately awake and looking around as I'm still in the passenger seat. Mother, brother, girlfriend looking, crying. EMTs asking all these questions that I can't make sense of. He asks "you know what day it is" , I think and say "Saturday I think" (this was on Wednesday). They strap me in, put me in the ambulance and memory starts to come back. I remember what day it is, I realize how bad I fucked up(oxy use was unknown to my family until that night).....hour in ER then home.

My question is what the fuck happened. Nothing but a gaba in the AM and 2 weeks off were any different than any other time. Girlfriend thinks it was fentynal in the pill. It was the only V pill in the bag. I dunno but going into OD from 1 30mg I never thought was even a risk at this point. I was wring. Scary shit but worst of any of it, even being near death is the embarrassment and questions I had and have to answer to a loving family.

If you didn't get the oxy from a pharmacy, it might have been a fake. The only way to know for sure would be having it tested. Even though the gabapentin was a small dose, it can be sedating especially mixed with alcohol. It might have been the combination of everything or laced pill so I would be more careful in the future with who you buy pills from. Your family might be a good support system if you feel you need help quitting. Telling them the truth would be the first step in giving them an answer.

I'm guessing the pill wasn't oxy, maybe looked like it but wasn't. Around my area people are making pure herion pills that look identical to oxy exact makings and everything. It's causing a lot of ODs. One thing to look for is to see if the pills have any tiny black flakes in them. Some you can see others you can't. Buy from someone you know and trust. Be carful.

sounds like you may have gotten a fake pill although it's possible that combination could have done something to you. Everyone reacts differently to meds.
Not to derail your thread but the stories of fake pills have stressed me out so much to the point I can't take a pill unless it's from an extremely reliable source and I know they are coming from the pharmacy. If I take a pill and I'm not sure of the source I get weirded out big time. So now I just stick to what I know. It's really ashame that some assholes put people's lives at risk by making fake pills.

sounds like you may have gotten a fake pill although it's possible that combination could have done something to you. Everyone reacts differently to meds.
Not to derail your thread but the stories of fake pills have stressed me out so much to the point I can't take a pill unless it's from an extremely reliable source and I know they are coming from the pharmacy. If I take a pill and I'm not sure of the source I get weirded out big time. So now I just stick to what I know. It's really ashame that some assholes put people's lives at risk by making fake pills.

I hear ya Scoob....my gut feeling is it wasn't legit. Like I said earlier other than the 1 gaba like 12 hours earlier nothing was new or a first time. I remember my feeling and what I said, as well as noticing how crazy hard it hit me immediately but I don't remember the burn/taste to try and figure that out.

The person I got these from is one of 3 regular suppliers I've used for over 3 years now and is like a 10 year "friend"/acquaintance of my girlfriends. My girl texted her what happened the next day and she (the dealer) said she contacted most of the people she did business with the days before. But it is scary as fuck. This is, if in fact it was fake(which is what I think) the 2nd time I've personally had this happen to us (different suppliers). But hearing from other buddies and places like this what some people have dealt/dealing with regarding this is really fucked up and scary. Heard on Facebook today that another city east of me has had a few ODs of fentanyl ones. I live in central MA.

This was by far a major wake up call though. Until this I had the naive thinking this wouldn't happen to me, that I would need a double shot of narcan and scaring the shit out of my family. This shit has me thinking about a lot..... Crazy shit.

See that's the problem is your source may think they are legitimate pills but that doesn't mean the person she's getting them from is honest. I'm with Scooby and would be extra paranoid when it comes to buying pills. Stay safe!

Bunk pills are so common now. Anyone else have a conspiracy theory and think maybe this "war on drugs" is an inside job? I mean it's pretty odd that the opioid epidemic which was all about addicts abusing drugs is suddenly addicts using tainted drugs and dying at even more staggering rates....all while marijuana is being fast tracked to legalization. Hmmmm.

*Puts tinfoil hat on*

There is a lot of really good pill presses for sale now and you can get mold out of real pill and do your own while buying super cheap fentanyl (analogue) from China.

Someone just makes good dough while not caring about deaths.