Why are people so fuckn' stupid???

Enerbunny

Bluelighter
Venting.........
Why is there always that one person in the group that has to do a little more or get a little more messed up than everyone else....case example- Sunday afternoon, about 15 of us decide to go have a little party on the creek and this public park....so we bring oysters, hamburgers, blankets, footballs, the whole works. And of course we bring a few goodies...some of us ate a bean and were capping G, others were taking bars and drinking....well one of my good friends goes into a g-hole, barely breathing, vomiting etc... RUINS THE WHOLE FUCKN NIGHT....what the hell are we suppose to do, watch everyone who's taking G?? He had been taking shots of rum, drinking beer and doing G.....I've seen someone die from G, becasue of stupidity...I'm so sick of it, makes me want to not be around the stuff at all, BUT I love to do it, I'm a responsible G user AND I know what I can and can't do while taking G , but shit, if I run the risk of seeing someone die? Is it worth it?? Or am I just suppose to watch after everyone who is drinking it with me, keep a pad and mark each time someone gets a cap?????WTF
Why can't we all just be smart when it comes to drug use??? okay I'm rambling, just pissed off that's all...any comments are welcome

You cant hold yourself responsible for what others are doing to themselves, and thats just the basis of it all, unless you are trying to talk them into doing something stupid, which I know you aren't doing. If I were going to a party where there was G and people drinking, I would warn of the dangers of mixing the two, especially to those who are ignorant to the fact. If it was my G, I would keep it with me, and nobody that was drinking would get near it. If anything happened in that case then yes, I would feel guilty, and why so that to myself?
Other than that there isnt anything you can do about it really. If you see a friend doing something stupid, pull them aside and let them know why you are a friend, and don't let them kill themselves.
------------------
-I didn't do it and I'm not payin half!
-Which way to the nearest DRUG store?

Responcible drug use is something that I feel very strongly about. But, you, nor anyone else, is responcible for anyone else's drug use. Like dave said, pull them aside. Maybe all they need is a good reality check. If that doesn't work, my slution would be, to stop inviting them to my parties... It is not in your power to control everyone's consumption. You can, however, TRY and make an impact on people.
Now, I have no idea what G is... (silly me...) or any idea why it is dangerous. But, if your friends can't excercise good judgement, then maybe you should remove yourself (or them) from the situation. I hate to sound callous... but it's better than having your friends die!
just a thought.
------------------
"Like a shooting star,
Accross the midnight sky!"
-BANG!
PaRaDoX -and PLUR for all!

I used to do g alot, so I'm not talking about this from the outside-in. Ghb is by far the most irresponsibly used [illegal] drug, and now if I'm around anyone doing ghb who's not in my circle of friends, I remove myself from that situation.
I know G is fun and all, but in the big scope of things is it really necessary? Does it really make life that much more worth living by doing it?
What's wrong with sticking with bars, beers, buds and beans [not all at once]? Why the need to swig floor stripper mixed with lye to balance out the pH so it doesn't eat your guts stuff?
These questions aren't directed at anyone in particular, I ponder them on occasion when I hear of instances such as the one you described Enerbunny.
peace n' respect
------------------
Brock
"My reality check bounced."
[This message has been edited by Brock (edited 10 January 2000).]

Brock- If i may ask, why did you stop doing G...I can see the obvious reasons, just wanted your personal reason...I am beginning to not want it around me, I've seen to much, heard to much but then I think, I know I 'm not that stupid why should I give up doing somehting I like because I'm to worried aboutevery one else..there will probably still be people doing it around me, it just seems like no one ever has it except us (me and my boyfriend) so maybe we should just stop supplying it, but how can you tell your frineds no? you want them to have a good timetoo right?

Why the need for ex-users of something to throw around garbage like "Why the need to swig floor stripper mixed with lye to balance out the pH so it doesn't eat your guts stuff?"
Nothing like contributiong to media hype and filling peoples heads with misinformation because something has lost its glamour for you, huh?
Why the fuck do I come back to this board anyway, I get pissed of enough dealing with RL as it is.

Enerbunny: I use it when I need to crash.
Rob: I never put g in the "glamourous" category, more like the "utility" category for using when all strung out from rolling/tripping to induce sleep.
If I remember you're from WPB too, g had a big part in killing the once good scene. (i.e. club boca, neverending story)
Read into what I'm saying and don't take this as a 'ghb is evil' post. It's ignorance that kills, not the drug.
I may paint the picture like "floor cleaner and lye" but it's in the same satire as I'd describe smoking a cigarette as "inhaling fumes from a wrap of leaves treated with 4,000 chemicals through a filter of cotton and fiberglass."
We may know what we're putting into our bodies, but a lot of users don't.
[This message has been edited by Brock (edited 10 January 2000).]

Give me a break. "Floor stripper and Lye" isn't satire, its what the media uses as a scare tactic. When they want sensationalist stories, they don't say kids are taking "Gamma-hydroxybutyrate" They start with some BS "Hundreds of your children are drinking floor stripper and draino to get high". You're doing that exact same thing by spreading this crap. Add to that the misinformation: "Lye" is NOT added to the "floorstripper" to balance out the Ph, GBL essentially has a Ph of 7.0, it will NOT strip the lining of your stomach (or whatever you said), hell you can drink the GBL straight if you can stand the taste and smell.
And I never said you were making G to be glamerous, I meant that you used to view G one way, now you remove yourself from situations where people are using it, it has lost its "glamour" to YOU. YOU think differently about it now, like those pain in the ass militant ex-smokers. If you don't like it anymore in a party setting, just say so, no need for that kind of "satire". I just pisses me off that people only use that kind of "satire" for stuff they personally disapprove of, I don't see you listing all the nasty chems used in making X (like lye)
People used to (and I hope still do) come to this board for information, and reading that G is "floor stripper and lye" isn't helping anything... If it makes you feel any better, you are correct about G being the MOST overabused drug around. People need to learn what the hell it is and what they are doing.

I guess 'lactone organic cleaner' and 'caustic soda' would be the proper terms, my bad.
GBL straight sucks.

what to do?
1) act with your hands
actually physically keep people from getting into situations like that. Insist on buddy systems. remove g from drinker's hands if it has potential to be catastrophic. Physically remove yourself or someone else from the place.
2) act with your mouth
ask the person with g not to serve to someone who's drinking. shout out to people "tonight please don't mix g & alcohol, the combo is lethal" some people still don't know. Get on the mic if it's appropriate. Educate your friends.
3) act with your heart
pray, wish for the best, heal the place, heal yourself, beam some wisdom out to people.
---------------
G is an excellent drug with great benefit and uses. Unfortunately it has simple safety issues which have proven the stupidity of the general American public. In the race for what's going to bring the rave scene down first, i think G is leading the pack. It will soon be on the cover of Time once a celebrity's kid dies in a Hollywood club on it. Thanks to all the idiots in the country, now i get searched heavily at the door and can't bring my sweet ganja into some places thanks to your irresponsibility.

I used to do G alot, too, and I always had a pack of Vivarin or Sudafed with me when I did it, they both keep you from passing out. Sudafed or generic psuedophedrine works best 'cuz it doesn't bother your stomach like caffine sometimes can, just make sure you exceed the recommended dosage (take 3-5 pills, depending on your weight) obviously you don't have a problem with G, but maybe you could hand out 3or4 generic sudafeds with caps if you're supplying? Just a suggestion.