• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Which Kit to Buy? (Ecstasy)

Dingers

Bluelighter
Hey guys!

Well I think I'll head over to EZ Test and buy a testing kit!

But.. I dont know which one to buy.

I'll only be testing ecstasy, so which one do you guys recommend?

In other ones which kit is most accurate for the most common impurities?

Thanks,

Dingers

u can get the full extreme testing kit (literally tests for EVERYTHING) for only £16 on this website, its a mix up, but buy it while you still can :D

Where are you from? Pills in diferent areas are adulterated with different things, so u need different testers :D

(gotta find tht site again)

^^^ That's pretty cheap for you guys in the UK. 8o Has anyone ordered from this site before?

Edit: It'd still be cheaper for US residents to order from EZ Test (don't forget the Bluelighter's discount) or DanceSafe since the shipping charges from this site are almost $18 to my area (making the kit cost $51.19 USD).

Last edited:
u can get the full extreme testing kit (literally tests for EVERYTHING) for only £16 on this website, its a mix up, but buy it while you still can

Page wouldn't load for me. It's worth pointing out that however good these kits are, I've yet to see one that can prove an E tablet is safe. The marquis test for instance may tell you is your pill has mdma in it, but it doesn't say what it also contains.

Only by sending your pill away for GC/MS testing would that be possible. Actually scrap that - probably mass spec is overkill for this sort of thing. SDS-PAGE or something similar maybe. But these are still laboratory tests.

I'm just really surprised that a kit can be bought for £16 that supposedly tests for EVERYTHING. For lab equipment that's not all that hard as nowadays equipment is automated to test for 100s of drugs at a time if you run a full screen (slower and more expensive than if you have some idea of what you're looking for). Given there are not *that* many drugs and even tryptamines tweaked to stay one step ahead of the law will still have same active ingredient and the same breakdown product then basically look hard enough and you'll detect everything contained in your ecstasy pill.

But for £16?? That a home user without much chemistry knowledge can interpret? I'd have been interested to meet this wonder product. If it can detect EVERYTHING that could be in an ecstasy tablet, you're basically saying it detects everything, and I'd really like one so I could test many, many more tablets.

emerald07 said:
Page wouldn't load for me. It's worth pointing out that however good these kits are, I've yet to see one that can prove an E tablet is safe. The marquis test for instance may tell you is your pill has mdma in it, but it doesn't say what it also contains.

Only by sending your pill away for GC/MS testing would that be possible. Actually scrap that - probably mass spec is overkill for this sort of thing. SDS-PAGE or something similar maybe. But these are still laboratory tests.

Of course nothing short of GC/MS can tell you exactly what is in your pill, but saying the Marquis can only test for MDxx is incorrect. The Marquis reagent alone can also pick up Amp/Speed, DXM, 2CB, 2CI, and opiates.

I'm just really surprised that a kit can be bought for £16 that supposedly tests for EVERYTHING. For lab equipment that's not all that hard as nowadays equipment is automated to test for 100s of drugs at a time if you run a full screen (slower and more expensive than if you have some idea of what you're looking for). Given there are not *that* many drugs and even tryptamines tweaked to stay one step ahead of the law will still have same active ingredient and the same breakdown product then basically look hard enough and you'll detect everything contained in your ecstasy pill.

As I stated before, reagents pale in comparison to GC/MS, but for your average user, this is the ONLY way to be able to see what might be in their pills. The current payment for GC/MS is $130 and there are very few people that can afford that.

But for £16?? That a home user without much chemistry knowledge can interpret? I'd have been interested to meet this wonder product. If it can detect EVERYTHING that could be in an ecstasy tablet, you're basically saying it detects everything, and I'd really like one so I could test many, many more tablets.

Visit these two sites: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_faq_testing_kits.shtml and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pill_testing I'm not saying testing kits can test for everything, because they can't, but casually brushing them off because they "can't test for everything" is downright dumb. The kits are very easy to use, come with instructions, and I've personally been using them for years. I wouldn't ingest a pill without testing it first, and that "wonder product" has saved me from many dangerous, adulterated pills.

RavenousBlonde said:
As I stated before, reagents pale in comparison to GC/MS, but for your average user, this is the ONLY way to be able to see what might be in their pills. The current payment for GC/MS is $130 and there are very few people that can afford that.
Here in the Netherlands, it's possible to get your pills tested at more than 20 different testing facilities, where you have the possilbility to get your pills send through to the lab, where they are tested with GC/MS, as well as quantative analysis of the constituents of the pills. For free. Now I know that no other country offers the luxuries possibility of gettings these services for free, and most countries even don't have them at all, but several do(for a small payment of €5-20). Maybe listing in which countries it's possible to get your pills tested would be handy.

RavenousBlonde said:
Visit these two sites: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_faq_testing_kits.shtml and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pill_testing I'm not saying testing kits can test for everything, because they can't, but casually brushing them off because they "can't test for everything" is downright dumb. The kits are very easy to use, come with instructions, and I've personally been using them for years. I wouldn't ingest a pill without testing it first, and that "wonder product" has saved me from many dangerous, adulterated pills.
The E-Z Test complete is the best pill testing kit available.
The EZ Test complete is a combination of different EZ Tests and is the most complete on the market. It tests on the presence of Ecstacy like and 2-CB-like (2CB, DOB) substances, speed, DXM, ketamine and 2-CT-x! With an additional test you can determine exactly which substances are present in your XTC: MDMA, MDEA, MDA, PMA or amphetamine.
This test brings together 4 different EZ Tests:
- Marquis: to test on the presence of Ecstacy-like and 2-CB-like (2CB, DOB) substances, speed and DXM.
- Mecke: additional test for 2-CT-x like substances.
- Mandelin: additional test for Ketamine
- Extreme: for a better indication of the exact contents of your XTC (consisting of 3 bottles)
Most Dutch smartshops sell the E-Z Test complete, as well as several Dutch online smartshops, which deliver to any location across the globe, or at least Europe.

RavenousBlonde I'm sorry if I came across as rubbishing these kits. They are most certainly worth getting - any test is better than nothing. I was only trying to point out that while a test will tell you whether mdma for instance is present, it won't tell you what else is there. By the time the liquid has gone purple/black, you can't see pale yellow :)

However, I obviously sounded arrogant and disbelieving and it wasn't intended. I quite agree, the marquis test can be incredibly useful and a comparison with full lab testing was particularly inappropriate. Interpreting the test is not always easy so selling a home gas chromatography kit - well, I might as well shut up because it's ludicrous lol :)

emerald07 said:
RavenousBlonde I'm sorry if I came across as rubbishing these kits. They are most certainly worth getting - any test is better than nothing. I was only trying to point out that while a test will tell you whether mdma for instance is present, it won't tell you what else is there. By the time the liquid has gone purple/black, you can't see pale yellow :)

Oh it's ok, sometimes emotions are hard to read behind the computer screen. :)

In my experience with testing (especially Marquis) I have no problem seeing the different colors through the purple/black. Other susbstances will usually turn FIRST before any MDxx substance will. For example, if you had 2Cx in your pill, the Marquis will go green way before it would turn purple/black if it also had MDxx content.

However, I obviously sounded arrogant and disbelieving and it wasn't intended. I quite agree, the marquis test can be incredibly useful and a comparison with full lab testing was particularly inappropriate. Interpreting the test is not always easy so selling a home gas chromatography kit - well, I might as well shut up because it's ludicrous lol :)

I wish we had access to a low cost GC/MS lab, or could find another benefactor/sponsor of eData, but until we can, these kits are one of the best harm reduction tools made. I know it's very difficult to discern the color changes, ect, to a newbie tester, but I'd rather them come here and ask questions than to not have them ask at all. A little time & and experiment testing with other non MDxx substances you have around your house will have you being a pill testing pro in no time. =D

Psych0naut said:
Here in the Netherlands, it's possible to get your pills tested at more than 20 different testing facilities, where you have the possilbility to get your pills send through to the lab, where they are tested with GC/MS, as well as quantative analysis of the constituents of the pills. For free. Now I know that no other country offers the luxuries possibility of gettings these services for free, and most countries even don't have them at all, but several do(for a small payment of €5-20). Maybe listing in which countries it's possible to get your pills tested would be handy.

That's an excellent idea! The 'big wig' over at PR.com was able to visit the testing facilities in the Netherlands recently and took lots of pics to drool over...you are one lucky person. =D

So we know that the Netherlands offers testing, can anyone think of any other countries?

I have a guy who can do these tests. I'll approach him again. I help admin PRX (will not post url in case I'm breaking rules) and we do from time to time, test what pharmacies are selling. We used to use Erowid but their lab is a bit dozy. The would insist on prepayment and we had out last sample seized by customs!

And whether you wanted it or not, they did mass spec, which I frankly think is overkill and expensive. Like burning down the house to roast the pig.