Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

which is your favourite: jim jarmusch film?

pick one

• Permanent Vacation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stranger Than Paradise

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Down By Law

• Mystery Train

• Night on Earth

• Dead Man

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Coffee and Cigarettes

• Broken Flowers

• Total voters

JoeTheStoner

Bluelighter
jim_jarmusch_working_on_the_limits_of_control_261x400.jpg

Permanent Vacation
Stranger Than Paradise
Down by Law
Mystery Train
Night on Earth
Dead Man
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
Coffee and Cigarettes
Broken Flowers

jarmusch is cool, and his hair is wicked awesome. mystery train is my fav. thoughts ?

poll added

coffee and cigarettes, dead man and ghost dog are all great fun, but i detested broken flowers so much it has soured my appreciation for this man.

tough choice between dead man and ghost dog. not only are both beautifully-shot, wonderfully-told stories, they both have outstanding soundtracks.

i went with ghost dog.

alasdair

^yeah so true. ageing mafioso spouting flava flav rhymes is triple win.

i went for dead man for the spooky existential element.

^lol

chalk one up for mystery train.

JIM JARMUSCH'S FIVE RULES OF FILMMAKING

Rule 1: THERE ARE NO RULES. There are as many ways to make a film as there are potential filmmakers. Therefore, disregard the “rules” you are presently reading, and instead consider them to be merely notes to myself. One should make one’s own “notes” because there is no one way to do anything. If anyone tells you there is only one way, their way, get as far away from them as possible, both physically and philosophically.

Rule #2: Don’t let the fuckers get ya. They can either help you, or not help you, but they can’t stop you. People who finance films, distribute films, promote films and exhibit films are not filmmakers. They are not interested in letting filmmakers define and dictate the way they do their business, so filmmakers should have no interest in allowing them to dictate the way a film is made. Carry a gun if necessary.

Rule 5. NOTHING IS ORIGINAL. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is nonexistent. And don’t bother concealing thievery—celebrate it if you feel like it.

rest of em in full @ his myspace

really admire this guy and his work.

this clip is very entertaining blue in the face - lou reed & jim jarmusch

The Way of the Samurai is found in death. Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day, when one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears, and swords, being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one's master. And every day, without fail, one should consider himself as dead. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai.