• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Harm Reduction Where can I send a sample of drug to get tested?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
I'm in melbourne and I got a batch of what I was told is white lion heroin. However it doesn't feel like heroin at all. It's quite potent but test's negative for fentanyl. Is there a place I can send it to in Australia to have it tested?

You may be able to test it yourself. Check online for fentanyl test kits, i think i remember seeing something on a doco where they were being used by people in the US

A quick Google search found this: https://www.drugpolicy.org.au/fentanyl_in_australia

Please let us know if you find any gear in Melbourne with fent, if so you might be able to post a warning to other users

I've already tested for fent and shows negative. I've had fent as well and know it isn't fent. Maybe some rc opioid.

Hey cletusSamboy,

Check out the CanTEST Health and Drug Checking Service - a fixed-site drug checking service based in Canberra providing free chemical analysis of samples of various drugs. Currently, it's not possible to send samples in for analysis. Given that you're in Melbourne, it might be worth taking a trip to ACT and visit the site.

Great that you've managed to utilize a fentanyl test strip (FTS; I'm assuming the BTNX lateral flow immunoassay?). I'd just flag here, that although you reported a negative result, recent research into the validity of FTS failed to detect carfentanil and furanyl fentanyl at or below 1000 ng/mL (see Park et al. 2022. Drug and Alcohol Dependence). I haven't seen many fentanyl analogues consistently identified in Australia's drug supply, but just wanted to highlight some considerations.

Last edited:
@neversickanymore the CANTest service is not a research project, it's actually a drug checking service - the first fixed site service to operate in Australia. Unfortunately only for people in Canberra, but will accept anyone who turns up, even if their address is not local. So it's an option for this person, but a large expense to get there....

There's also the international Energy Control service, that takes a while though (a few weeks) as you need to post the drugs to Spain... but it's super reliable.

As for other options, there may be some but they are not 'public'. I will ask around.

@neversickanymore the CANTest service is not a research project, it's actually a drug checking service - the first fixed site service to operate in Australia. Unfortunately only for people in Canberra, but will accept anyone who turns up, even if their address is not local. So it's an option for this person, but a large expense to get there....

There's also the international Energy Control service, that takes a while though (a few weeks) as you need to post the drugs to Spain... but it's super reliable.

As for other options, there may be some but they are not 'public'. I will ask around.

I agree that Energy Control would be the best option. As you said they have proven themselves overtime to be very reliable.

I am not hating on Canberra either, who would ever do such a thing?! :sarcasm: *joke* ... kind of.. 👀

I'm in melbourne and I got a batch of what I was told is white lion heroin. However it doesn't feel like heroin at all. It's quite potent but test's negative for fentanyl. Is there a place I can send it to in Australia to have it tested?
The people I had in mind still aren’t accepting public samples. I think it’s cantest or energy control - neither of which are too convenient.

Rest assured many of us continue to work to change this!

@Benu The Canadians put us to shame at the moment when it comes to harm reduction!