• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

When is plugging really HR?

SpiralusSancti

Bluelighter
Imho plugging is HR practice if you’re doing it instead of I.V. and instead I.M. too (sure in case you don’t have appropriately pure product for that).

But sometimes it’s better to use more “traditional” ROAs. I would go so far to say that’s true in quite a few cases.

First time I encountered idea of plugging it was on a forum that was mostly dedicated to opiod users and as a teen when I read how it’s almost or as good as I.M. sure it sounded appealing. And so I tried heroin via that ROA. In that case it wasn’t any kind of HR, it was simply going for a more potent and more addictive route instead snorting what I usually did.

I would argue that speed of absorption when it comes to addictive drugs makes it a bad decision, to use it like that so you get more bang for your buck ain’t in no way HR if you wouldn’t do I.M or I.V.

Another good point I read here on BL is that those who consider using drugs via plugging you quite likely fall into category of people that at some point will so I.V./I.M. too at some point (sure quite a bit of those would when they would get pharma vials of something). And what would be than harm in using it so anyway? Well if you use some drug via plugging and really like it, you’ll surely have a bit more insight into why would anyone proceed to ruin there veins cuz I.V. works so much better than other ROAs. But the real question is if some ROA is really better or just more addictive. Again, going some route to get more bang for your buck, that ain’t HR.

I’m happy for anyone who switched from I.V. to plugging but for was majority of substances, for recreational user there ain’t be much good in going for plugging, somewhat similar to as going for I.M. (like I read someone warned people about potential danger of using K via I.M., even it can be argued that cuz of smaller dose needed it can be a considered HR at first).

Additionally people who snort a lot of some drug are again often (depending on purity of their stuff and exact substance) better switching to plugging to preserve their nose and/or lungs. That benefit largely fades if person isn’t using really a lot and in really big amounts and would in most cases benefit more from simply switching to preparing nasal spray instead of plugging.

Then in some cases when person uses impure stuff, switching from oral to plugging again might result in more bad than good things.

There are quite a few other reasons why it ain’t always a HR advice but I think I named enough.

All in all I want to say that for big number of cases where recommending plugging ROA is really HR practice, there are for sure some in which it’s the opposite of HR.

Plugged methamphetamine might be an example of a particularly risky plugging activity.

The problem with plugging meth, which is a very common practice, is two fold. First, meth is a strong vasocontrictor (especially in the form of this new generation mass produced cartel meth), and when repeatedly applied to tissues in large quantities, can lead to sustained ischemia (lack of blood flood), which ultimately can result in damage/necrosis of those tissues. The other problem is that those who plug meth on a regular basis often report plugging shockingly large amounts of it, with escalating doses. This, combined with the high rectal bioavailability of methamphetamine, makes this route a significant risk in terms of overdose (as well posing a significant risk of general toxicity/neurotoxicity given the sustained high blood levels).

Compared to plugging, other ROAs such as smoking and snorting, limit one's exposure to meth since one can only smoke or snort so much on a given period of time. Yet one can easily plug half a gram of meth.

Plugged methamphetamine might be an example of a particularly risky plugging activity.

The problem with plugging meth, which is a very common practice, is two fold. First, meth is a strong vasocontrictor (especially in the form of this new generation mass produced cartel meth), and when repeatedly applied to tissues in large quantities, can lead to sustained ischemia (lack of blood flood), which ultimately can result in damage/necrosis of those tissues. The other problem is that those who plug meth on a regular basis often report plugging shockingly large amounts of it, with escalating doses. This, combined with the high rectal bioavailability of methamphetamine, makes this route a significant risk in terms of overdose (as well posing a significant risk of general toxicity/neurotoxicity given the sustained high blood levels).

Compared to plugging, other ROAs such as smoking and snorting, limit one's exposure to meth since one can only smoke or snort so much on a given period of time. Yet one can easily plug half a gram of meth.

I think what's happening is that the vasoconstriction in the rectum is slowing down absorption, so users increase the dose in an attempt to get a stronger rush.
Snake biting its tail situation if that's the case.