Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What's the meaning of life to you guys?

Huell_N_Kuby

Greenlighter
"The purpose of life is to live a life with a purpose"

What dyou thinks the meaning, if there is one?

The only meaning to life is whatever the person living that life chooses. Everyone's different, how could there be *one* meaning that's the same for all of us? I'd even go as far as saying I oppose the idea of an objective meaning to life, it doesn't make any sense to me & I think belief that there is one contributes to a lot of the major problems in this world. Meaning only exists in the eye of the beholder.

Well purely biologically speaking the meaning of life is quite clear.. to procreate and continue on the species so that this whole thing can keep churning along. Then there's the possibility that the human species is the cutting edge of evolution on this planet, designated by Gaia/Nature, and that we may be evolving towards some new level.. many theories abound on this possibility.

From our individual life though.. I would say our meaning and purpose is our life itself. Once it's over you'll look back and say "ah! there it is!". It's like one long painting from birth to death, and only at the end do you finally see what you were painting. I don know. I could speculate forever, but I feel like relaxing on the idea a little now, accepting I will never really know and leave it in the hands of God.

It means whatever you (the individual) wishes it to mean. Our minds are very powerful and the fantasies and concepts we have about ourselves and the world around us means that meaning is constantly shifting, changing, staying rigid for a while and then evolving, devolving, regressing, progressing, etc. etc.

Life is but a dream, really. I don't believe it's a question with the possibility of an objective answer being found.

Then there's the possibility that the human species is the cutting edge of evolution on this planet, designated by Gaia/Nature, and that we may be evolving towards some new level.. many theories abound on this possibility.

I hardly think we are the cutting edge of evolution. We allow most of our species an equal chance to live and breed regardless of any detrimental traits they may have. This means as a collective species we are allowing more negative traits to come through the filter of natural selection thus weakening the species. In most places with good health care systems there is no selection pressure to help promote strong traits like disease resistance, or greater intelligence.

I'm not in favor of the survival of the fittest morality but this just seems to be the reality to me.

The meaning is to be able to appreciate it for what it is, right now. What else could you possibly want but to exist right here, right now? Purpose implies you have somewhere to go in a hurry that isn't there. Let it go, it's only binding you.

I don't really think about things like that anymore, because there is no real answer. Just be good to people. Respect everyone and see that there is good in everyone and everything. Help. Be a good person. That is what life is about.

I don't really think about things like that anymore, because there is no real answer. Just be good to people. Respect everyone and see that there is good in everyone and everything. Help. Be a good person. That is what life is about.

Exactly my friend!! That´s all about that and respect. Nicely put!
We need more people like you in BL..:)

You sir are the epitome of why i love blue light

I hardly think we are the cutting edge of evolution. We allow most of our species an equal chance to live and breed regardless of any detrimental traits they may have. This means as a collective species we are allowing more negative traits to come through the filter of natural selection thus weakening the species. In most places with good health care systems there is no selection pressure to help promote strong traits like disease resistance, or greater intelligence.

I'm not in favor of the survival of the fittest morality but this just seems to be the reality to me.

I agree with your comment about disease resistance, not sure about greater intelligence though.. what you define as greater intelligence to me may be just one element of intelligence.

We may well be the cutting edge of evolution on this planet, despite our failings and way of doing things. Who knows. To be honest I'm amazed humanity has made it this far without destroying itself and for that reason lends me to believe there is a kind of protection being invoked for our species.

I believe our purpose is to love our creator, God, and to love one another. Born to love. <3

Just be good to people. Respect everyone and see that there is good in everyone and everything. Help. Be a good person. That is what life is about.

Like your response. :)