• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's the difference between dab rigs and hot rails on meth

Jay_jay

Greenlighter
So I've took Meth the usual way by a pipe or snorting but I've recently seen a video of someone hot railing it and was wondering can I buy a hot rail kit if so what are they called and how do I use it, also I've read about dab rigs for meth and have no idea if there the same thing as hot railing or what.... please help I feel so dumb asking this.
I don't take meth much maybe like twice or three times a year I just really want the biggest high without having to inject it!
Any help would be great

You use a shattered tweak pipe for the hot rail tube. That, and a blow torch, and you've got your hot rail "kit"

K don't hurt yourself. It's better to make a hot railer "bong" than to just use glass and heat it. I've seen people hot rail meth and burn themselves.

I absolutely agree. In a time not so long ago, I remember taking a 2 hour road trip, talking the driver almost to insanity. All the while, heating my Chillum for who knows how long. As I'm babbling, not paying attention, I finally remember the beautiful finely ground white rail that lay in my lap, without a second thought, put the glowing orange tip... right to my nose, sizzzzzzle. Ew! What a rush that was and a drug free rush at that. Point is, if you Hot Rail, use caution with the hot end and be mindful where you place it if it has not cooled to a safe temp(not just your nose). But more commonly, as previously mentioned, inhaling too hot, too hard, several hundred degree vapor burns, takes your smell away, hurts, and makes the inside of your nostrils peel kinda like sunburn does. The tube cooling down below melting point half way through a rail and inhaling the other half unvaporized is a little unpleasant as well. And one more thing, if you don't keep it clean, use the tube continuously, the reclaim will of course liquify and drip when enough has built up. The drip burns like hell and it WILL leave one helluva blister followed by a nice scar. The 2 key things with hot railing, in my opinion, are getting the tip of the tube just the right temp and grinding your gear very fine on a ceramic or glass surface. Spin the tube while heating *glowing orange tip=too hot, let it cool some. Oh, and if ya got a stuffy nose, you will waste half your rail. So, not to sound like a hypochondriac, just sharing what I've learned... the way I learn everything in life, "Trial and Error" so maybe it can save ya some Trials and spare ya the Error. My daily R.O.A, my nose pockets solids, so there's a limited accepted volume for my nose, so vapors the only way I can go with todays %2 Ice/%98 ISO/MSM/whatever else to make the dope man an extra dollar.

Hot rails are cool, never done it off a dab rig but sounds r$&@?!d. I always say just snort finely broken down lines and you’ll still get a major rush if you do a big pile in one or 2 bumps. I don’t even know how you’d dab meth lmao sounds so silly

Also don’t use a broken pipe, just buy a crack pipe it’s a straight glass tube, like a straw.

use a map gas torch and ben a crack stem about half inch from the bottom and when you heat it up heat that bend with a pen torch or whatever you use and snort your line slow and smooth. easiest way to hot rail.

A hot rail is gonna be different in that it is a combination of vaporization/inhalation and insufflation. It's my belief that as a vapor, the substance is in its ideal state to be absorbed through the mucous membranes of the sinus. I assume this makes it super efficient in terms of absorption compared to insufflating say, a dry powder. Then you get the hit from pulmonary absorption in the lungs which is, in itself a pretty powerful hit.

I don't have a lot of experience, but I've talked to enough people who swear by hot rails to assume that there is a reason and I believe that reason is the increased efficiency of absorption through the sinus mucosa.

After getting a large amount of stuff that would burn quickly in the pipe I began using other methods and tried some experimenting.
I have a laser thermometer and have tried to figure out what temp will replicate a hotrail in a dab rig. I use a thick oil burner for hotrails, heating the bubble and inhaling through silicone tubing on the mouthpiece to a waterpipe, anyways the glass bubble is always over 700 degrees after I turn the torch off and wait the 10-15 seconds or so to let the glass cool a tad.
I havent been able to find a coil that wil fit the right size glass tubing for a hotrail and I am not positive the coil even gets hot enough.

However, the dab rig does not consume the dope the same way as a hotrail would. Essentially all I can do is pour the hit, typically .05 or less, into the hot banger and take the hit.
The smoke is more pungent than any other method seemingly due to the smoke adhering to the inside of your mouth. I put some silicone tubing in the mouth piece of my dab rig and inhaling through my nostrils doesnt bother me at all besides a little burn from the sublimated smoke. Much more consumer friendly. This has become one of my prefered ROA. Easy and quick.
Ive found the auto-spinner bangers with terp pearls and a carb cap seem to get the most smoke delivered the quickest - at most two hits one immediately after the other, if within my capability.
I am sure desired temps are dependant on your equipment and dope, therefore temps should be adjusted accordingly. I run the machine at 600 degrees, someone told me 700 and that was way too hot. Yuck.
Inside my banger is at most 470 down to 200ish.

A hotrail is different still, but smaller, repeatable hits are welcome.
I believe the difference is in the amount and rate of consumption. I can ghost a hotrail. Its harder to ghost a dab rig hit since im inhaling longer, if that makes sense. The urge to exhale is stronger the longer it takes me between exhales.

Edit-
I was curious about inhaling through my mouth rather than the nostril tubing, now that I have found a good temp to run. The pungent taste has gone and it isnt so offensive. Almost a sweet taste, not the fishy amine flavor I expect.
I do wash and recrystalize my stuff and it does help. Even the appearance of the crystals looks more like how methamphetamine is described.
Very easy to dump too much in the banger though if waste is a concern.

Last edited:
I like to use a Yocan Evolve Plus or plus XL for doing hot rails. I plan on getting a Yocan Orbit with the terp balls to stir the puddle as you hit it. Im guessing the orbit is gonna be a next level game changer. The Evolve XL is sweet because I can keep a ceramic coil bucket for dabbing and change it out to a 2 or 3 quartz coil bucket for Gak and interchange depending on what I'm using it for without ruining the taste of my rosin/wax. You can pick up a Evolve at alot of places for $30, take and use it anywhere discreetly and don't need the whole torch and glass apparatus and the potential hazards that comes with it.

I use an adjustable temp electric rig that goes as low as 200 degrees
It’s pretty awesome and keeps the heat at the perfect temperature without burning.
No need to let it cool