Whats going on? I can't figure out which drugs is causing a side effect..

Bojangles69

Bluelighter
I have my suspicions, but I also have reasons not to believe them.

The side effect feels like cold chills. But it seems like its almost mixed in with something else, some odd nervy type of sensation. Similar to goosebumps but it feels different, it doesn't feel like typical opiate cold flashes/goosebumps.

I wish I could explain it better, but you know how cold flashes come in intervals? Well this doesn't. Once it starts its like a light perpetual chill up and down my back, and I get these odd tingling sensations along with them like I said.

Right now I'm on tramadol, soma and cozar.

The coozar was for stage 2 hypertension. On the cozaar alone with pods, my blood pressure finally came back down to normal. Its been like 180/120 for 2-3 years now, so off the coozar my blood pressure will usually sky rocket. On the coozar I can maintain about 120/80 which is normal. I never got these sensations on coozar, or pods. The hot/cold flashes with pods were similar, but felt way more natural and just still very different. And I notice now I don't seem to get hot flashes at all, its all cold flashes.

Also, my limbs have been getting ice cold. Like my finger toes, feet at times get freezing to the touch and I have to rub them together. I noticed this is a side effect of coozar. But I don't think its causing the cold flashes (I use cold flashes to describe it but likely theres a more proper name for it thats medically different from actual cold flashes).

Now why I don't think its tramadol (which most would likely suspect first). I was having the constant frigid sensations this morning. Took 4 tram, they didn't stop. Assumed I didn't take enough, took 3 more. Seems like my internal body temperature went up, but oddly the cold flashes were still there. Thats more than my daily dose of tram, so if I was experiencing opiate wds shouldn't it have went away with the tram?

When I take the soma, I notice I get a weird tingling sensation when it kicks in. The feeling is almost similar to those akward "nervy" sensations I get all day long, but it feels good because its the soma kicking in. I don't know what the tingling is. But it only seems to moderate on the soma, not go away completely. Because it does actually change, I'm considering this cold feeling is from the soma? I notice soma also seems to make me warm like the tram at first, but tram doesn't give me that weird tingling sensation. Since its similar to what I seem to be going through all day, I'm assuming its soma. Like the soma makes me a bit warm, relaxed, but akwardly tingling. It feels good at that point. But it actually seems when the soma kicks in (completely) it goes right back to the cold tingling sensation, the annoying ones (almost like some type of reaction idk - and I realize this post sounds confusing as fuck mainly because I'm confused as fuck).

But heres another issue. Today I go above my avg soma dose. If its any type of wds then it should go away completely right? It doesn't. It does moderate like I said, but wtf is this? Is it like an allergic reaction or something? I also notice with the soma sometimes my esophagus tightens up and hurts, so I'm suspecting the soma more than anything. This is a mess of a post and confusing I know. But I'm thinking maybe its not soma wds, but that this is actually some type of reaction I'm getting to the soma? Which is why it lasts all day, and the soma dosing seems to offset it a bit untill it kicks right back in.

What bugs me is no amount of anything seems to get rid of it. I'll be off the soma completely soon enough (like 4 days) so I guess I'll find out. But anyone had this feeling on soma? It feels oddly similar to opiate cold flashes, but it IS still different.

I'm going to get my blood pressure checked tommorow because coozar is very powerful at dropping my BP, and along with the soma I'm taking I'm thinking maybe its dangerous? Could these weird sensations be my body telling me its too low?

I guess what I'm really asking is for anyone who's taken soma long term, do you get a weird consistent type of cold tingling sensation most of the day? It never seems to go away which is what pisses me off. When opiates cause cold flashes, I take more, cold flashes go away. But this seems so constant and I don't know which med is the culprit.

Asking a doctor is out of the question. So I guess I could really just use advice from anyone whos been addicted to soma. My addiction is minimal, and like I said I'm stopping in 4 days and no more soma. But its just how unnatural it feels thats getting to me. Opiate wds although they suck, they don't seem to produce this feeling. Like I said best way to describe it really is "tingling". Although its ice cold, and feels similar to cold flashes... I just don't think it is.

I could really use some advice from some soma experts here. Would really appreciate it. Thanks!

ps- I'm also taking fairly high doses, like 8 a day, so not sure if that can be causing it. It just never seems to go away 100% which is weird, and I have to get rid of this shit. I just don't feel right.

Last edited:
ive been having the same thing happening, and its very frustrating and nasty feeling...
:\
for a couple of months.
my blood sugar keeps spiking up to 140, drinking Glucerna makes it calm down after 10-15 minutes sometimes with half of one for hours - when im feeling bold ill check things out.

i ate some trail mix earlier starving and not thinking(covered in sweetener could hardly type), the sensation came back hard, its always accompanied by a ''gulping-heart' feeling that can have me try to start leaning forward into ti, or something.

my doctor gets annoyed if i mention this
... lol. uhg.

maybe your glucose or an insulin impairment is affecting your Keyton(aggressive!) balance, or supply to the brain. lots of blood samples will show half the result, as in some cases the glucose moves into the urine, and can only be found there; not saliva or blood.

IDK, and you know it could be a million things, contributed to one simple minuet detail...
i say id be more assertive with your treatment, but im on a hiatus from the medical world, research pays in moderation, but this is a massive question, and a long cast.

Wooowww. Just wow PIP I never thought about blood sugar. That would definitely be a possible issue due to the fact that the stage 2 hypertension I contracted was said to be a side effect of the immense doses of sugar I was taking in daily. I never told the doctor it was sugar coming with pods I kinda lied to him and told him I had like a weird sugar addiction which is totally not true.

But I transitioned from pods/high doses of sugar directly to a pill form of tramadol. My body literally does not take in any sugar at all anymore except the 2 spoonfulls in my coffee. But thats nothing to the 1-2 cups I was taking everyday with my pods (terrible I know). It seemed like I was buying 5lb bags every week or so. When I went to the dr and he said sugar can trigger hypertension (as well as other symptoms I was having like blurred vision [was like opening your eyes underwater it was that bad] and terrible hypersomnia/mood swings). Doctor said those are all the main side effects off too much sugar intake. I dropped my sugar intake, got on the coozaar which killed the hypertension, and eventually transitioned completely to the tramadol like I said.

I'm really wondering if this has something to do with my blood sugar again, or its aggravating some other type of system in my body. I was actually suppose to go in and get a blood test but I haven't went yet, I have the prescription for the test from the dr so maybe I'll go next week. Its likely a lot more complicated then I'm thinking because drugs are usually easy to pin point problems with. Like take drug, get side effects, stop taking drug get wds. I was suspecting the soma because it seemed to change the problem, but oddly enough soma also makes me hungry (tram does not) and when I take my daily soma dose I also eat (usually first and only meal I eat all day). So again, that points towards blood sugar seeing as how the problem moderates at that point.

Very weird but you got me thinking now. I do at least realize I gotta get that blood test done lol. Thanks PIP!!!!!!!!! Always more than helpful. =]

ps. Actually if I was having some weird type of low blood sugar rebound from the transition I made then I would think loading up with sugar would stop it lol. I'm gonna go be a doctor now and eat a crapload of sugar with oatmeal, than down some soda. If it gets better at all than I know its low blood sugar which would be insane. I honestly do starve myself for the majority of my days and lately have also been eating very little. Like 1 tiny meal a day, so I imagine thats a severe impact on my body as one point my body was essentially living on sugar. Now it has no sugar and barely any food to compensate. I really need to get my health in check here.

Last edited:
mm..

on fire atm, MORNING LOVE raZZZZZZ! and SSEEAARR FFS

stumbled down to
spelt bread, peanut butter, a pear, 1/2 glucerna, raw bee pollen, water, consume as fast and safely as possible!!!
been 12 minutes and sensation dropped 50% so far.

my glucose would go directly into the 40's or 50's before quickly a few5~ years ago; before taking Seroquel...
now the Humira is gone from my system(praise something), and i am now showing hyper-glycemic symptoms.

if you do think your glucose could be a cause, if under your best judgment it does seem attributable, read about the AeC and your bodies Ketone's...

stay up & stay aware man.

Last edited:
Yeh thanks again man. I honestly think it may have been side effects from mere malnutrition. This was the first week in a while I've gone 2 days w/out eating anything. And then I'd eat something small at night after I smoked right before I went to bed.

But my avg day would consist of waking up, no food of any sort. Take my meds with my morning coffee, and I wouldn't eat till going to bed about 1-2am at night. It would usually be a small meal, and not neccessarily the healthiest either. I'm really just an idiot is what it is. Its like I literally forgot how important a regular nutritious diet is for the body.

First thing I did after reading your post was make 2 cups of oatmeal, put a few spoonfuls of sugar in there, cooked 5 eggs, then had an apple and some water. Within 2 hours I couldn't believe how much better I felt. All those weird sensations went away and I realized I was just not eating enough food. Have not had this much energy nor felt this mentally stable in a while. I kept looking at drug drugs drugs, it had to be drugs I was thinking, and it didn't even click that I was basically starving myself.

For now on I'm eating breakfast no matter what. And trying to eat another meal later in the afternoon. Still not sure specifically what the sensations were but I imagine it was something neurological going on from not getting enough protein... or blood sugar which was my original suspect. Anyway I feel great so this thread paid off.

Thanks PIP you are the man. Just to think I had to make a thread just to figure out I needed to eat food. Truely helpless I am lol. This is not the first time this happened though, I'm having de ja vu for some reason and this may have actually happened before. I genuinely just lose interest in food and go through these weird cycles of near starvation. Its not a disorder of any sort cause its not intentional, and I think because of the recent switch to tram it has suppressed my appetite that much more.

-Bo

Hey Bo!

Just as a little addition to the conversation- I have noticed that ultram totally kills my appetite. I'm 6' tall and was weighing in at 245 lbs going to gym and lifting and running 5 times a week (I'm a little 'stocky' naturally, but that's just too damn heavy). I didn't lose a single lb working out regularly. However, I started doing ultram and I'm now weighing in at 232. 13 lbs in ~2 months I'll take it :D I know it's the ultram limiting my food intake.

Along with smoking- do you think the tram might be supressing your appetite?

All the best bro

I have my suspicions, but I also have reasons not to believe them.

The side effect feels like cold chills. But it seems like its almost mixed in with something else, some odd nervy type of sensation. Similar to goosebumps but it feels different, it doesn't feel like typical opiate cold flashes/goosebumps.

I wish I could explain it better, but you know how cold flashes come in intervals? Well this doesn't. Once it starts its like a light perpetual chill up and down my back, and I get these odd tingling sensations along with them like I said.

Right now I'm on tramadol, soma and cozar.

The coozar was for stage 2 hypertension. On the cozaar alone with pods, my blood pressure finally came back down to normal. Its been like 180/120 for 2-3 years now, so off the coozar my blood pressure will usually sky rocket. On the coozar I can maintain about 120/80 which is normal. I never got these sensations on coozar, or pods. The hot/cold flashes with pods were similar, but felt way more natural and just still very different. And I notice now I don't seem to get hot flashes at all, its all cold flashes.

Also, my limbs have been getting ice cold. Like my finger toes, feet at times get freezing to the touch and I have to rub them together. I noticed this is a side effect of coozar. But I don't think its causing the cold flashes (I use cold flashes to describe it but likely theres a more proper name for it thats medically different from actual cold flashes).

Now why I don't think its tramadol (which most would likely suspect first). I was having the constant frigid sensations this morning. Took 4 tram, they didn't stop. Assumed I didn't take enough, took 3 more. Seems like my internal body temperature went up, but oddly the cold flashes were still there. Thats more than my daily dose of tram, so if I was experiencing opiate wds shouldn't it have went away with the tram?

When I take the soma, I notice I get a weird tingling sensation when it kicks in. The feeling is almost similar to those akward "nervy" sensations I get all day long, but it feels good because its the soma kicking in. I don't know what the tingling is. But it only seems to moderate on the soma, not go away completely. Because it does actually change, I'm considering this cold feeling is from the soma? I notice soma also seems to make me warm like the tram at first, but tram doesn't give me that weird tingling sensation. Since its similar to what I seem to be going through all day, I'm assuming its soma. Like the soma makes me a bit warm, relaxed, but akwardly tingling. It feels good at that point. But it actually seems when the soma kicks in (completely) it goes right back to the cold tingling sensation, the annoying ones (almost like some type of reaction idk - and I realize this post sounds confusing as fuck mainly because I'm confused as fuck).

But heres another issue. Today I go above my avg soma dose. If its any type of wds then it should go away completely right? It doesn't. It does moderate like I said, but wtf is this? Is it like an allergic reaction or something? I also notice with the soma sometimes my esophagus tightens up and hurts, so I'm suspecting the soma more than anything. This is a mess of a post and confusing I know. But I'm thinking maybe its not soma wds, but that this is actually some type of reaction I'm getting to the soma? Which is why it lasts all day, and the soma dosing seems to offset it a bit untill it kicks right back in.

What bugs me is no amount of anything seems to get rid of it. I'll be off the soma completely soon enough (like 4 days) so I guess I'll find out. But anyone had this feeling on soma? It feels oddly similar to opiate cold flashes, but it IS still different.

I'm going to get my blood pressure checked tommorow because coozar is very powerful at dropping my BP, and along with the soma I'm taking I'm thinking maybe its dangerous? Could these weird sensations be my body telling me its too low?

I guess what I'm really asking is for anyone who's taken soma long term, do you get a weird consistent type of cold tingling sensation most of the day? It never seems to go away which is what pisses me off. When opiates cause cold flashes, I take more, cold flashes go away. But this seems so constant and I don't know which med is the culprit.

Asking a doctor is out of the question. So I guess I could really just use advice from anyone whos been addicted to soma. My addiction is minimal, and like I said I'm stopping in 4 days and no more soma. But its just how unnatural it feels thats getting to me. Opiate wds although they suck, they don't seem to produce this feeling. Like I said best way to describe it really is "tingling". Although its ice cold, and feels similar to cold flashes... I just don't think it is.

I could really use some advice from some soma experts here. Would really appreciate it. Thanks!

ps- I'm also taking fairly high doses, like 8 a day, so not sure if that can be causing it. It just never seems to go away 100% which is weird, and I have to get rid of this shit. I just don't feel right.
Im SOOOO cold right now I want helppppp. THIS SUCKS. I was taking a lot of valium getting hammered stopped today took some "mxe" i hope ate shrooms and now my bodys cold since I got my add phetamine

Bojanges - I may not be a soma expert, but I've been taking it for a few years and I'm very used to its effects. Usually I get the chills about ten minutes after the initial buzz wears off - so about 40-50 minutes after ingestion, so I would think that it's likely that is what is causing chills for you as well.

Bo, not eating all day is a bad habit that you should try to break. Small amounts of healthy food (esp. with some protein) throughout the day will do wonders for your body and mind. :)

posts like this bother me.
Im doing drugs. Im having weird problems. Please help.

Simple answer. Get off the drugs. Get off one after another until it goes away. Or switch them. Keep trying.