• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals What would you guys do with this?

A9254DF

Bluelighter
Hey guys,
So iv been messing around with growing of attempting - so far to grow them.
I have no idea what strain it is as it was right at the start of me learning the process.
I’m sure we will see something if they ever fruit.
So I mixed to bulk substrate and it was premium substrate , coz it was a refund product swap.
At first I watched a video and it told me to layer it like a lasagne, however the next one said just dump it all in and mix it around as much as possible then case it.

So I chose the lasagna method - adding a layer of bulk substrate and then a layer of colonised Grains.

And then stupidly I kept watching more videos on it and I realised I did like a 3:1 ratio on the bulk sub than I did so I watched another video and kind of stupidly just mixed 3/4 and broke up all the mycelium and mixed it. Today I came in and there were some fluffy white patches of mycelium where I’d mixed it but more where I didn’t. I’m thinking mixing it up will help it colonise quicker - just like how we shake bags to break up and spread it to different places.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bh8mkyrxuwefabhx3bikq/Photo-24-08-2023-13-03-00.jpg?rlkey=jgw42hl2j1kqt4kr2a35sirvd&dl=0
Okay here’s my blow up monotub

This is how it was before I mixed anything. From here with alcohol rubbed gloves. I broke up all the large pieces of mycelium and then thoroughly mixed it. I made sure it was flat and not compressed. I decided to do it because it’s basically sat incubating to the bill spawn.

I also have two of the 500ml cake containers with the filter patches aand drilled holes in them. I then used the red, high temp silicon, on both sides.

Last time when I mixed the spawn to bulk substrate was last night and I think that’ll be all I’ll need because last night when I did less mixing than today - The next day there were really fluffy bits of mycelium poking through the top of the coco and other ingredients that go into this ready made bulk mix. See I usually mix it 1:1, same amount of coco and other shit and then the same amount of TOTALLY colonised grain as the coco but this time I was light and probably did too much bulk substrate so it’s basically back to colonising again.
I read last night that if you use a fully cultivated cake or two as a casing layer some interesting shit happens - especially if it’s two diff strains.
So what I think I’ll do is use that technique but simply crumble it into the monotub I have and then when I can see the white starting to poke through ill do the casing but make it thin . What do you think of my plan?

I couldn’t find an edit button for the written info like this. I have a load of photos. These are before I mixed anything, after I mixed like 3/4 of it from the next day
This is before I’d mixed anything but you can see most of the mycelium is in pat hes and it was like that all the way across, however, I noticed it wasn’t fully incubated for that thick white brick shape to happen. I have it a good mix today and Broke up all the mycelium and I have a feeling ill have it fully colonised soon.

The other pictures are from when I Colonised it and then mixed 1:4 it just takes ages to colonise.

Here are the cakes I might mix in…This is the one of the. Cakes I have that are AA+ - pretty fucking cool looking strain

This is the stuff that iv had to make / buy / gather in order for it all to work. I fan my incubator a couple of times a day.

It’s just been too long since iv worked with mushrooms and expert advice is ALWAYS misdeed with something like this…

Thanks guys you’ve welcomed me with open arms even though iv been on here since I was 16 and I’m 35 now.

I should be getting a pan cyan Spore print tomorrow, so I need to set up my Martha tent. I have it all, it just needs doing.

I found a thermostat, that’s unwired apart from the probe. You just need to attach female power sockets to the correct heat and humidity.

It took me a while before I knew how to set the desired temps and humidity.