• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What to expect from this alcohol binge comedown?

Name User

Greenlighter
I'm not a regular drinker but for the last 4 days I've consumed closed to two pints of vodka per day so around 8 pints total I've been drunk for 4 days straight. I tried to resist drinking today but I feel so down and I've been having twitches. I don't think I should have to worry about seizures should I? This is uncharted territory for me and I don't know what to expect when I stop drinking.

4 days is not enough for withdrawals if anything a shit ton of anxiety which will quickly fade away as your body and mind start recovering highly highly doubt you will get seizures but everyone is different suggest you have someone with you or let someone know you are gonna detox once you stop
make sure you take some multivitamins and stay hydrated eat and get plenty of sleep
but trust me quit while you still can i took that same route and here i am a 2yrs later regretting that very choice i made to start drinking and the only reason i did is because i have an anxiety problem
the beer did help me it totally killed my anxiety and panic issues along with my depression as if i found the ultimate cure
my thoughts were alcohol cant be as bad as taking pills because beer wine liquor is more socially acceptable
but what i didnt know is that i was just making things worse for myself
currently preparing myself for along drown out detox

Last edited:
When you say that you're not a regular drinker, how much is your usual consumption? (this binge aside) The twitches are a symptom from discontinuation since you did have quite a bit of vodka. Your body's not used to this large amount and trying to recuperate. That's why you crave more to make you feel better and this is how the alcoholic cycle begins.

Full blown withdrawals are mostly associated with chronic heavy use. I was a daily drinker and many times I would get the shakes at work the next day. Take the advice from deos68 and try to quit before it becomes problematic. Alcohol withdrawal is no joke, not trying to scare you. But I was one of those people who never gave it a second thought and ended up in the hospital very sick. Don't let this happen to you.

Did something happen to make you suddenly want to drink a lot? I'm not trying to be nosey, just trying to get a feel of where you're at emotionally. Do you have family who are heavy drinkers? I was addicted to opiates and when I finally quit, I found alcohol my new replacement. Biggest mistake I could have made. Don't be afraid to ask for help and take care of yourself. You will find tons of support in our recovery forum!

Thanks everyone. I drank exactly 1 gallon of vodka in the last 4 days. 2 pints per day. I have no tolerance and previously would only dabble with a half pint on days simply out of boredomn or lack of cannabis. Maybe once or twice a month. I thought today was the day I was going to stop this binge but after all day lying in bed today I decided to buy another pint and enjoy some Chinese food. All of my family members are, or at some point have been alcoholics which is why alcohol has always scared me. However after dealing with depression and anxiety for so long and not seeing my family for years I have been feeling very bad about it. A week or so ago I got ahold of 30x 10mg pills of Ritalin and snorted them promptly in exactly 24 hours time. The following day I was feeling so down obviously and the day after I was supposed to reunite with some of my family at a cottage at the beach for the day but obviously feeling so depressed on top of my usual depression led me to buy that first pint. Now I'm at 1 gallon +1 pint today at my current 5 day binge. I am to report back to work the day after tommorow. I have no choice but to go sober tommorow to recover somewhat as my electricity bill is 600$ and is currently out to be disconnected at any moment and my rent is overdue by 3 weeks. And of course I have basically no money. So I have no choice but to end this binge and straighten out my life. I do have 4 mg of klonopin which I think will be a huge help for withdrawing. I hope to ration it as long as I can.

You might have some loss appetite which will return probably within a couple days.

That's happened to me before after drinking binges.

I was a hardcore alcoholic for 7 years. I drank all day and all night long, even when sick. Alcohol addiction is the worst addiction I have faced - worse than heroin. I'm glad you decided to stop. If not, the longer you go, the sicker you will be.

You can expect to start feeling the WD approx. 4-6 hours after your last drink. Huge pupils, fast heart rate, shaky hands, sweating. Severe, severe nausea that medications won't help. Vomiting is the best choice, to rid your body of the leftover booze/alcohol. Stick to water and eat lightly. A binge should not end with "hangover" food that is loaded with fat and grease. That may work after a single evening of drinks, but after a binge your body won't handle that well.

Sleep, TAKE A MULTI-VITAMIN, drink water, light snacks. Keep SOMETHING small and bland in the stomach always, so it doesn't turn on itself.

Having another drink may solve everything at the time, but only for a short time. That short period of time will end with ANOTHER DRINK, and so on. It never stops until YOU either start vomiting, or decide that it's time to come off the booze. It is how alcoholics are made, I know firsthand.

Remind yourself, this won't last very long. It's faster than the usual drug withdrawal - but certainly harder if you are a true alcoholic. I have been sober from alcohol since August 25th, 2015. I STILL have nerve-twitching all the time. My entire body "jumps" often. Legs, arms, my stomach even! That is how much I damaged my nervous system. I also have seizures now, from damage to my brain during a week-long blackout. Be careful, they aren't kidding when they say that you will die from drinking. I was very close.
I've lost my Aunt AND Uncle (on different sides of the family) from alcohol abuse as well. AND..I have cihrosiss of the liver... DON'T END UP LIKE ME, having long-term effects at almost a year sober.

Good Luck! Don't let yourself get close to becoming an alcoholic -it's awful. Message me if you need an ear, just don't continue to drink!

Last edited: