• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What to expect from nicotine withdrawal?

Kingoffrogs

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I've been using nicotine 4-5 times daily for 2 months now and am now going cold turkey. Should I hunker down and get some nicorette, or perhaps I will be just fine without it? It's been about 2-3 hours since I last hit vape, and I'm not having cravings yet.

I know the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal, but am not sure of what order they appear in.

Nicotine withdrawal is actually one of the few withdrawals I ever had where I felt better physically in some ways. I was tired, hungry, all the things that other drug withdrawals do not cause. The mental part was maddening. I kept reaching for cigarettes for a few days. Like autopilot. Craving for that poisoned feeling is incredible as I start feeling better. The mental part can drive a person mad the first week. I smoked a lot of cannabis when I quit 30 years ago and inched my way past the cravings.

Tobacco is the one drug that scares me. Once I quit I NEVER smoked another cigarette. I have quit about every other drug and have indulged at times after, except nicotine. The strong mental pull needs mental jujitsu. But if you can focus on the healthy part all the better. Some people claim they gain weight due to hunger. Hunger is a good thing. Not a bad withdrawal symptom at all if you think about it. In medicine hungry equals well being.

Hey guys, I've been using nicotine 4-5 times daily for 2 months now and am now going cold turkey. Should I hunker down and get some nicorette, or perhaps I will be just fine without it? It's been about 2-3 hours since I last hit vape, and I'm not having cravings yet.

I know the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal, but am not sure of what order they appear in.
You could go cold turkey. With nicotine for my particular biological make up, I didn’t experience any withdrawal except the occasional craving. That’s really it.

But others experience more. And I used nicotine for years. You’ve only been using for two months 4-5 times daily? Meh…I’d just strap up my boots and rough that one out if I wanted to quit.

Nicotine withdrawal is actually one of the few withdrawals I ever had where I felt better physically in some ways. I was tired, hungry, all the things that other drug withdrawals do not cause. The mental part was maddening. I kept reaching for cigarettes for a few days. Like autopilot. Craving for that poisoned feeling is incredible as I start feeling better. The mental part can drive a person mad the first week. I smoked a lot of cannabis when I quit 30 years ago and inched my way past the cravings.

Tobacco is the one drug that scares me. Once I quit I NEVER smoked another cigarette. I have quit about every other drug and have indulged at times after, except nicotine. The strong mental pull needs mental jujitsu. But if you can focus on the healthy part all the better. Some people claim they gain weight due to hunger. Hunger is a good thing. Not a bad withdrawal symptom at all if you think about it. In medicine hungry equals well being.
Exactly how I feel about it. Hunger is definitely a good thing when it’s from detox. I did eat more now that you mentioned it but I think it was due to craving dopamine more than anything.

Yeah. For me it was all mental.