• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What the hell happened today..

ADDllama

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, how's your day going so far? I would legitimately like to know so please tell me if you decide to post a response! Ok so I'm new here (Cliché I know) and the reason being for me making this post is because I would love it of some of you more experience members could advise me on what to do. I apologize if this is painfully long but I must provide all the information needed in the case that someone would be kind enough to help me.

So I've been on Adderall IR since June 2015. All you need to know now is that I now take 20mg Adderall IR. For the past month 1/2 ive been taking 20mg 3-4 times daily. 2 at once and either one or two later, together or an hour apart. I did this for the said amount of time above and everything was dandy. Btw my ROA as of lately has been to chew them up.

Tuesday I decided to just swallow two 20mg on an empty stomach as I've started to seriously dislike the taste of the pills. Got to school an hour later and the Adderall kicked in. Problem is I felt minor dysphoria. The experience I felt was completely different than from the past 8 months. It was a complete shift.. I felt the effects of Adderall like minor bump in focus but 0 euphoria. Also even though I could focus on something for longer, I had no motivation or want to actually focus on anything school related. Chewed another 20 about 2 hours later and that made me even more mellow. Had some coffee to see if that did something and instead my head started to hurt the tiniest bit and felt hot.

Wednesday... I'm actually having a seriously hard time remembering what i did during the school day so I'm not gonna try to guess how much I took but I know for a fact I took between 60-80mg throughout the entire day. One thing I definitely do remember is having a weird sensation with my heart. Perhaps palpitations would be a correct term to describe what I felt. I got home and looked up a bunch of negative experiences with Adderall and it was most definitely enough to make me want to quit for a while, and then return at therapeutic dose levels. (My idea of therapeutic dose levels is no euphoria or intense bump in motivation or focus, but just enough for me to do the other half to focus)

Today: Woke up and decided that I would immediately start lowering my dose. Because of I had such a negative reaction to swallowing the pills I decided to chew it instead. I had a banana and chewed one single 20mg tablet about 20 minutes later. It was perfect! I had no euphoria unfortunately but I was able to focus and actually do my work so I was happy enough. Fast forward 2 1/2 hours later and the effects from the initial dose were all but gone. I chewed another 20mg while also chewing on a wheat breakfast bar. I also drank a 6oz bottle of whey protein 20 minutes prior to the second dose. It is now my 4th period class and 15 minutes in everything went to shit. The only way to explain it (not even sure if it makes sense) is I felt as if I took another drug, not Adderall. My perception of things seemed out of whack, and I became minorly-moderately paranoid. My perception of my environment was almost like being very minorly buzzed on weed except over-stimulated. The worst part is though is that my heart was bugging the fuck out. Every minute or so I feel as if my heart is vibrating like a cellphone. Every minute as well I seem to have the habit of swiping my palm of my hand from the top corner of my left chest, across my heart as to calm it down or something. I was quite nervous but wouldn't say panic attack. My anxiety like state lasted until lunch. However my heart and chest feel very uncomfortable. For a little bit it felt like my heart was sore, now it just feels uncomfortable, cant really describe it. I'm very worried about my heart now. Not nervous or panicked, just worried.

OK so what my few questions are:
1. How did half of my usual dose cause such horrid reactions from my body and heart?
2. Does this shift in my body's reaction to Adderall signify a perhaps permanent or temporary change in my brain?
3. Should I have any real concern on the health of my heart?
4. How should I handle my future dosing? (Finishing this script then gonna wait 3 weeks to get my other one in which I will only take 40mg the entire day)

I should state that my Dr. has told my I have extremely low blood pressure for my age, but that its not bad. I would assume this means I would need extreme raises in blood pressure to me and my heart so much discomfort. I also forgot to mention that inconsistently, my ring finger on my right hand gets almost completely numb and a little bit discolored when I take adderall. Ill stop now, please and thank you for reading this and/or replying!

80mg/day is a pretty heavy dose of adderall. I only take 20mg of XR and I've been on addy over 2 years.

In my experience

1. I always eat a very balanced breakfast before taking it and it seems to not only prolong the effects but also increase the euphoria.(Your body needs nutrients for the addy to have full effect)
2. If I binge drink the night before and take addy the next day my heart will do some pretty crazy things and my blood pressure will be sky high. So now I monitor my blood pressure closely I would advise you do the same, especially since you already have issues with low bp.

1. How did half of my usual dose cause such horrid reactions from my body and heart? There's too many potential factors playing in to accurately answer this question. diet, what you did the night before, etc
2. Does this shift in my body's reaction to Adderall signify a perhaps permanent or temporary change in my brain? I highly doubt that, but with a high dose of 80mg/day you might look into a good multi vitamin and brain support supplements to keep your dopamine in check. Do you work out or exercise at all?
3. Should I have any real concern on the health of my heart? I would always monitor your blood pressure and heart rate regardless. But only you know if something feels off, and if so go see your doctor and let them run some tests. Don't wait and mess around when it comes to your ticker.
4. How should I handle my future dosing? (Finishing this script then gonna wait 3 weeks to get my other one in which I will only take 40mg the entire day)
Personally I would take a much lower dose, but that's just me. I feel like any more than 20mg/day and my body starts reacting weirdly. Plus any more than this and my natural sense of well being is not near a good. Why not just go ahead and start taking 40mg now and save the rest of your pills?

Thank you for your response philosorapter.

2. I work out daily however i havent in the past 4 days.

4. I actually dont even know why i wrote that in parathesis in my 4th question. If i even do take any tomorrow it'll be 0mg or 20mg.

You have XR so you have a good 8-12 hours of coverage. I take IR and it only lasts for about 3 hours. 20mg works perfect, but it doesnt last nearly long enough for a full school day. I tried XR and i had really bad side effects from it so i went back to IR. Adderall 20Mg IR works for me, but i need to take 2-3 20mg addies to actually have full coverage of my school day. I was taking 4 20mg addies before for the simple fact that euphoria is great. However I have just very recently come to terms with the fact that I cannot obtain euphoria forever without increasing the dose, something I don't want to do. My heart is a bit better now bit I fear it will freak out again when I go back to work in an hour. I'm a track marshall and have to run on the track to help crashed drivers and I often find that even when I haven't taken any Adderall that day or the previous one my heart still races when I have to run in the track to help a driver. I will see how I feel tomorrow morning and decide if any Adderall at all should be taken