What the first concert that you ever attended??

simstim

Bluelighter
Mine is kind of embarrassing, lol!!

Paula Abdul and Color me bad!!!!

I was in the first grade and went with my mom and my cousin. Lol

System of a Down, Red Man/MethodMan, and my favorite as a kid Limp Bizkit lol. I was 10. I’ve talked about it on here before. Absolutely wild night. I’ve loved live music ever since.

-GC

Equilibrium if I'm correct, a German based nordic/viking metal band, was on DXM and pretty late with me being around 18 or 19 and still lack the friends with whom I could go, if we hadn't corona that is, but I mention it because lonelyness was and is a major force for me using drugs - not only these days, I grew out of social awkwardness-anxiety a bit and learned to appreciate the spicyness drugs can bring to life ...

Kiss and and Black Sabbath , very long hair in those days by the eighties all the big hair bands were out. Concerts were the big thing! Iron Maiden and Dio were main attractions in the Big city. Smaller bands came along but always wanted to see Journey when they were big. After 80s ,90s were more about Raves and really learning to Roll ! Clubs became big and DJs were making that popular. Internet was not even around so best fun was big parties and rave clubs in city. Got really Big into EDM Festivals by 2012 and been there( Tiesto& Hardwell) and music started to get really good back then as well with popular songs on the charts. Bigger and after hour clubs grew and the big DJs started with Trance and Techno. Europe came alive and now you have hundreds of monster venues. :spinning:

Janis Joplin, Big Brother & The Holding Company - 16 Nov 1968

172-Janis-Joplin-Big-Brother-The-Holding-Company-Joshua-Light-Show-Fillmore-East-NYC-1968.JPG

Last edited:
If I already answered I was wrong it was Dave Matthews Band the most fun I had was not the shitty schwag smoked it was seeing the cool guy's face next to us after he ate some mushrooms I mean never was a Dave guy was so timid at that age too definitely was not into the music wish I wasn't so shy this cute Native American girl I went to summer camp with ran into us recognized us my friends made me feel like she thought I was sexy but I could barely open my mouth so out of place just tagging along with my pothead friends before we got into the real jamband shows and graduated from shitty pot to hippy drugs and stank nugs

If I already answered I was wrong it was Dave Matthews Band the most fun I had was not the shitty schwag smoked it was seeing the cool guy's face next to us after he ate some mushrooms I mean never was a Dave guy was so timid at that age too definitely was not into the music wish I wasn't so shy this cute Native American girl I went to summer camp with ran into us recognized us my friends made me feel like she thought I was sexy but I could barely open my mouth so out of place just tagging along with my pothead friends before we got into the real jamband shows and graduated from shitty pot to hippy drugs and stank nugs

Alpine?

Been to a few Dave shows, they were fun. Got drunk as hell lol.

-GC

My first live music (other than Beatles cover bands I saw with my parents or concerts my band played in as a kid) and first acid trip were at the same time. I was 15.

Right as I finally made it to the stage, I was peaking and this song is forever ingrained in my memory. I still hear it when falling asleep sometimes.

I still hear it when falling asleep sometimes.
Psychedelia induced neurogenesis - if it just was more controllable. Don't know whether I wanted to hear a single song for the rest of my life :/ but I get this effect frequently related to short/medium term memory, the more dopamine D2, the more my head begins to repeat melodies for the rest of the day. Better than hearing voices any time though (had that too, pretty transiently thankfully - was overdose and sleep deprivation but lasted for a few weeks and residuals a few months).

Donna The Buffalo indeed has some earworm potential. Didn't know them and it's not exactly my kind of music but not bad.

Foghat and lynyrd skynyrd.
Awesome experience until my bud got beat the fuck up by securty and had to get him outta jail.