• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What psychedelics synergize with DXM? Which ones don't?

SuperPsych

Bluelighter
This has been on my mind for a long time. DXM has a special place in my heart, it has shown me many beautiful things and has changed the way that I think, and for that I am eternally grateful. The changes that psychedelics have incited in me are less tangible, but I have noticed and am grateful for those as well. I have been using both DXM and psychedelics separately for about 5 years now, but have yet to combine them.

I think that combining DXM with a psychedelic would be very interesting, I'd just like to know which ones are good to go and which ones I should avoid. I remember hearing good things about 2ce and DXM. Of course DXM shouldn't be mixed with aMT, MDxx, 2c-t-x, and HOT-x due to dangerous interactions. How does DXM get along with NBOMes? What about 4-substituted tryptamines? What about 5-Meo tryptamines?

What are your experiences with psychedelics and DXM? what do you think synergize with it and which ones don't? I'd be interested in hearing any and all input

Someone will come behind me to bitch, as these can potentially lead to Seritonin Syndrome, but I like DXM with empathogens...MDxx, APBs, cathinones. Not advocating this, just saying...

My fave combo tho is with opiates. I can get a nod with just 750mg DXM (medium dose for me) and 4 10/325 Hydros (nearly threshold). Hydros alone, I can't nod on less than 15. And when the nod does come, it is just exponentially better in every way. This works with any disso tho, and best with MXE.

Psych are good. DXM with well with 2C-E, LSD, shrooms, Metocin, Moxy.

No particular synergies I noticed tho, other than the opiate combo...everything things else was just feel both experiences together.

With straight stims, IDK...I don't like to do the DXM til the later part of the experience. Otherwise it feels toxic, and zones me out to much, as in making me unable to judge my well-being, and it is a bit of a dangerous combo as well. Done together, kinda feels like a dirty roll. I do use it, and other dissos, at the tail-end of a speed run, as I get really fiendy, and the disso helps me be ok with coming done. Doesn't just bring you down tho, spaces you out for several hours, but it breaks up the compulsive thoughts.

DXM, alcohol, and caffeine ain't bad, especially if ya got smoke. Nothing mind-blowing, but when doing this, I usually come to a very content spot.

5-MeO tryptamines are likely a bad idea because they tend to act as serotonin reuptake inhibitors and rather unselective serotonin agonists. Potentially dangerous interactions, avoid!

don't mix anything that reuptakes serotonin, effects dopamine, any empathogen, or acts as an maoi with dxm, because it could potentially kill you.

In William White's DXM FAQ he estimates that only one-third of people who try DXM like it enough to try it again. This suggests a high degree of subjectively variability between its users, including among those who like it, so I don't think what others like to combo with it is as likely to generalize to others as more popular drug combos.

That said, I have a lot of experience with DXM and a wide variety of serotonergic psychedelics, and the only ones I've ever combined with it, or desired to, are LSD and DPT, and those ended up being pretty good combos (though the DPT experience included ketamine as well). I highly suspect that AL-LAD or LSZ would result in similar experiences for me. I think stimulating psychedelics (phenethylamines/DOx) would be especially bad.

I guess I am in that two thirds that don't like it! I tried it once about twenty years ago and had an awful time. I have had ondansetron on hand for years and have been meaning to try the patented Psood combo but never got around to it...

I would consider trying dextrorphan however. I still wanna know why it was removed from schedule one....a mystery that nags at me for no good reason!

I am well aware of the dangers of mixing reuptake inhibitors, releasers, etc. I'm more interested in hearing reports of people who had tried DXM with a psychedelic. What was the result? Would you do it again? Things along those lines

cannabis obviously and shrooms were ridiculous, would love to mix lsd one day.

edit - nitrous was very synergistic but almost too disorienting on 3rd plat doses.

Psood0nym, clear out some of your PM's so I can send you a message.

I personally liked the combo of 2C-I and DXM (15mg/600mg). It made the experience more lighthearted. I think low dose phenethylamines can add significant value to DXM. Personally DXM isn't a dissociative I'd prefer to combine with anything. It has too much going on in itself.

I
That said, I have a lot of experience with DXM and a wide variety of serotonergic psychedelics, and the only ones I've ever combined with it, or desired to, are LSD and DPT, and those ended up being pretty good combos (though the DPT experience included ketamine as well). I highly suspect that AL-LAD or LSZ would result in similar experiences for me. I think stimulating psychedelics (phenethylamines/DOx) would be especially bad.
moderate LSD + high 2nd Plateau DXM is a beast, but that might be because it was my first disso/psych combo over a decade ago. I think I might too try DXM with AL-LAD in the future.

Once I moved out of my parent's house and graduated high school, I stopped doing cough syrup.

Drugs don't really synergize with eachother. If anything, smoking cigarettes is cool when drunk, or it's neat to get the touchy-feely empathogenics of ecstasy while on acid, etc. Synergy is 1+1=3, but I believe what you're asking is more of a Chips + Salsa.

DXM plus any lysergamide (preferablyLSD) synergizes particularly well in my experience.
Adding Soya Lecithin from confectionery after the DXM peak, induces a very crisp, clear headed kind of headspace.

I have mixed DXM with 2c-e and 4-aco-dmt two or three years ago and they were both great combos. The 2c-e and DXM combo was definitely the best though. I did 300mg of DXM with ~20mg 2c-e; I was in total confusion, whilst feeling unbelievable euphoric and having an amazing body high. The visuals were very, very, intense, but I did not have an ounce of anxiety. I watched the movie 'Moon' and 'Black Dynamite' (both recommended) and I was pretty much living in the movie, though I could not understand what was going on very well, and had to re-watch the movies later. I remember also experiencing a lot of synaesthesia too with music and physical sensations. I had some moderate nausea in the first hour or so, and then it disappeared. My balance was pretty shot for the trip, I wasn't robo-walking but it was like being really drunk. Overall my memories are a bit hazy at this point though, it was a lot harder to remember than a normal trip.