WhAt MaKeS YoU HaPpY???

KeWlHaNdLuKe

Bluelighter
OK Peeples...
Here's the deal, I posted this on a reply to another topic, but I think it is waaaay too important to let it slip through the cracks... I've been partying for almost 7 years now in locations all over the US, Mexico, and sometimes Canada, and everywhere I've been I've noticed a single simularity... It seems to me that everyone at every party is looking for something. (Especially New Ravers) Most of them aren't sure what it is that they are looking for, but they definately feel as if they are missing something about the Party. At first I thought they were looking for drugs...(a logical assumption), and some of them were, but as a rule, they found them, and they were still looking... Well...... When I noticed this, I realized that I was looking for something too, and after years and years of pondering over the issue, I think I've found it!!! The basic thing that everyone is looking for is
smile.gif
HaPpYnEsS
smile.gif

OK, here's the kicker... No one will be able to find happiness on their own... It cannot be bought or taken... It cannot be stolen or earned... It cannot be scammed or bullshitted out of a person or a substance... It can only be given... The only way to find true, pure happiness is to give it away freely. This is not an easy thing to do... It takes empathy and self sacrifice... Here's how it works...
The next time you are at a party, between dances(of course), look around the room and find that one sketchball, or maybe just some random young newbie who just looks a little lost and confused... Usually, this person is alone, or possibly in a large group of people who he or she is not comfortable with... Look into their eyes and try to read them and find out what the one thing that would make them the happiest is... I'm not talking about anything long term... That's not what parties are about... Im talking about the one thing at that very moment that would make them completely happy... I promise that if you try you will be able to see it... Most people wear their thoughts on their sleeves, and anyone with any experience should be able to see this on just about anybody... It may be something as simple as a smile, or maybe a hug, a backrub, or even just a blowpop... (most of the time its a ciggarette). But in my experience, it has always been words... Never underestimate the power of words... A kind word said to the right person under the right circumstances can completely change their life...
So the bottom line is this... The source of true happiness(at least in my case) is in making others truly happy... There are not a whole lot of things in life that provide true happiness so I highly suggest that you give it a try...
PLUR
Peace Out,
smile.gif
K-Luv
smile.gif

------------------
"Oh God, do not remain quiet; Do not be silent and, Oh God do not be still. For, behold, Thine enemies make an uproar..." Psalm 83:1-2.

Well, CoOlHaNd, it looks like you've stumbled upon tha fundamental rule of Buhddism!! I totally agree w/ you. Peeple have all different kinds of dreams and aspirations,like makin' more money or owning their own house or having a bathtub full of beans
wink.gif
, but as different as all these things are, they have one thing in common. Every person's dreams are grounded in happiness.
You know, there's only so many times you can ask somebody why they do something until "because it makes me happy" pops out of their mouth, and you sure as hell can't ask them why they want to be happy, that's just redundant. Your right, if you selflessly make someone else's day when they're down, you'll feel that much better about yourself.....,but I still want my bathtub full of beans
smile.gif
*selfish grin*
smile.gif

------------------
~*~*~~Think of me as a reflection, like the moon on water. When you see me, and I try and be a good man...see yourself~~*~*~
Dahli Llama

Wow! I don't think I've ever heard the pursuit of happiness put more eloquently. I'm just starting to look into buddhism, and am absolutley fascinated by it. I don't know if it has all the answers, but it sure has more than what I had before
smile.gif

By the way, KewlHandLuke, you aren't by any chance DJ Cool Hand Luc?
Dave

Theres nothing better than making the lost or confused or sketched peron feel better...and helping someone out of a funk if they're down.. whether its asking the person who looks sick if theyre ok, if they need anything, or giving the sort of lost person a hug, a candy, and staying with them awhile
smile.gif

its true, do kindness onto others and you feel great.. not only have you helped them, you;ve also made yerself a bit of a better person
smile.gif

and when kindness is bestowed upon you in return, its such a wonderful feeling
smile.gif

GrimmE

Dave,
I am a DJ, and my DJ name is Cool Hand Luc, but I seriously doubt that you've ever heard of me... In pretty small time right now... I've only done a few afterparties, and one rave, so you are prolly thinking of someone else... It pisses me off that someone stole my name though... Well... I can always think of another one...
Peace Out,
-K-Luv-
------------------
"Oh God, do not remain quiet; Do not be silent and, Oh God do not be still. For, behold, Thine enemies make an uproar..." Psalm 83:1-2.