• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News What is 'rainbow fentanyl?' Nationwide, officials report 'deadly' colorful pills, powder

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

What is 'rainbow fentanyl?' Nationwide, officials report 'deadly' colorful pills, powder

Wyatte Grantham-Phillips
USA Today
20 Aug 2022

Excerpt:
Reports of "rainbow fentanyl" are growing nationwide, and law enforcement suggests the colorful, candy-looking opioid could target young people. Other experts say the colors are mostly likely added to distinguish products.
Rainbow fentanyl is fentanyl, a synthetic opioid, that's been dyed various colors.

Pharmaceutical fentanyl is an opioid prescribed for severe pain, including advanced cancer treatment, the CDC notes. But with these non-medical grade (or "illicitly manufactured") versions of fentanyl, the levels of potency are difficult to determine, and can vary significantly.

Anything colorful or fruity flavored = they're coming for our kids!!!!

Tried em, they definitely aren't flavored but for some reason the purple one's taste a little off. Other than that the same as the blue ones.

Edit: Don't get me wrong-- I hate fentanyl. But this hysteria is absurd.

Yeah kids would be just as likely to get into the normal colored ones. I'm sure it is a marketing/branding thing but I think its probably more helpful than harmful. At least with the rainbow colors you should know it's a pressed fentanyl pill. (Although these days I would assume all pain pills are fake) when they were real they were hard to get and more expensive. If you found them then they were not around for long. Also with the different colors you can somewhat tell that the batches are different which is good so you know to be careful with a new batch. Then again some of the same colored pills can vary in potency.