• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is Crack addiction like?

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
I have a guy staying with me who I've known since I was 15 & I am over 35 now.
As many will know I have a Heroin issue & used since 2001, even though I've smoked lots of Crack in my time it's not something I have ever been hooked on or Coke too may I add.

His really getting on my nerves with his behaviour, he is a really nice guy in the morning but after his smoked his a real piece of shit in his attitude & is always accusing me of the most bizarre things, he said me & his dealer robbed his "glue" to keep his fake teeth in his mouth 3 days ago FFS & he REFUSES to listen to BASIC LOGIC when his high on Crack.
He has to smoke the moment he wakes up or he can't function & will fall to sleep, I've seen him falling to sleep when driving a big van, his crashed 3 times in the last 7 months from NOT smoking Crack, I'm NOT joking here folks, he smokes crack in the morning like I do with a Cigarette.

He told me yesterday his smoking £150 per day but I am sure his doing more than that as all addicts downplay their true habit as we all know, I just don't get why anyone would get hooked on Crack myself as it's not as good as fie quality Heroin, it's expensive & the high is short but each to their own.

As I have NEVER had an issue with Cocaine in powder form or Crack I am trying to understand what is driving him to smoke so much, how does your body feel when coming off it? How do you feel mentally when you are starting to withdrawl off it etc? I really have NO IDEA what a habit on Coke OR Crack feels like, what you go through etc so i hope someone can fill me in & I can get a 1% understanding of what the guy is going through.

I had a crack habit for a couple of years and found that it was totally psychological. I wasn't up to the level of your guy mind you (how the fuck does he afford that?), but I was smoking on average 6 x £10 rocks per day of wildly varying quality. I didn't even like the shit at first as all it did was make me crave more heroin (dealer's dream), but I got a taste for it.

I just happened to be in a situation where I had money and opportunity, so like any addict, I took full advantage of the situation.

I hated that two years. I woke up every morning fiending for that hit. I'd be hassling my dealer to score before I went to work. If successful, then I would arrive at work a sweaty, wild eyed mess and waiting for lunchtime to score again. If I wasn't successful in the morning, I'd be a useless, edgy cunt until lunchtime. This seriously affected my work and it didn't go unnoticed (eventually got sacked from that job for failing a drug test - surprise, surprise).

The hook that gets you is the thought of the first hit of the day. But it never satisfies (except for a minute or so).

When I eventually ran out of money and had to accept that this was the end, it was like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. The fiending only lasted for about an hour after my last hit, then all was calm. No physical symptoms at all and the only thing I missed was the taste, rather than the effects.

Years later, I have absolutely no cravings for crack - but if it was offered, I'd probably take it.

However, I still get quite strong cravings for amphetamine sulphate and 3-fpm - probably because they are actually decent stimulants...

I wasn't up to the level of your guy mind you (how the fuck does he afford that?)
His working for his dealer, the guy who sells it has many ways to make cash. The guy he scores off has him employed spraying cars & Alloy Wheels & he makes at least £100 per day from it & the guy he works for is selling it to him at cost too which helps.
. I woke up every morning fiending for that hit. I'd be hassling my dealer to score before I went to work. If successful, then I would arrive at work a sweaty, wild eyed mess and waiting for lunchtime to score again. If I wasn't successful in the morning, I'd be a useless, edgy cunt until lunchtime.
Yes, that is 100% how "Mr S" is like.
The hook that gets you is the thought of the first hit of the day. But it never satisfies (except for a minute or so).
Watching him go mad for that first pipe of the day is Tragic to watch, I can relate to this also.

If you actually smoke crack correctly and have flame/heat, resin, pipe, breath control and get a paralyzing drooling and unable to speak ringer everytime.. The shock and awe of how high you get eventually goes away and you will get bored and disgusted by it. A good ringer would make me scared of taking another hit for 30-45 minutes.

From what I have seen from most crackheads, they're chasing that ringer everyday and just getting slightly and annoyingly touched for about 20 minutes, rinse and repeat with no consideration of method or half life and tolerance while continuing this cycle as long as they can afford too.

I wasted a lot of good cocaine learning how to smoke it right as no one seemed to know the process behind getting that ringer. Once I figured it out I was pretty impressed.

My friends said I was just new. After a few frustrated attempts at explaining the method behind that perfect hit I held his head, the pipe, the lighter and made sure he breathed in just as I said.

He gently let the hit out through his nose as I had forced him to do was speechless for a few minutes until he said nervously "if every hit was like this I wouldn't even smoke it".

Get a good ringer without any chase and you can shut down the party and go to work in three hours feeling fine. It's a fragile high ruined easy by many distractions, make your sure you best last hit is actually your second last. Crack is isn't too bad it's the company it brings.

Its a sad habit since you develope a crack psychosis, like some do with speed, and you immedially awake it with first hit. And some keep doing it anyways which makes the psychosis 10x worse in time. Sad and horribly bad psychological addiction.

It SUCKS!!!

I only did it a few times years ago. Once you take a hit, you want another one 5 minutes later but it's never as good as the previous one. That's why they call it "chasing a high".

Then you feel like a depressed mess with your soul ripped out for the next day or two.

Last edited:
get a paralyzing drooling and unable to speak ringer everytime..
I've had a few of those before & I agree with you, it can be very scary.

I will never forget one lick I had from Cocaine that had been washed up 3 times, I was unable to do anything, I couldn'=t even speak to say "I am worried I am about to die"

You ever tried shooting it?

I really admire you for trying to understand what he's going through instead of just dropping him. You're a good friend.
I was hooked for a while, and it was amazing, I'm not gonna lie. Eventually, I learned how to make it and dealt strictly with my coke dealer (mandatory sentencing for crack possession was insane- coke possession was still relatively a slap on the wrist), a much safer transaction.
I'd hunker down with a hand held video yahtzee or poker game and just be high.
The thing is, on coke you can physically feel it telling you to do more, kind of a crawly feeling. Crack was worse. When it was time to settle down, I'd have a fif of tequila handy and take several large gulps from it.
If your friend decides to stop, it's going to suck ridiculously. He'll be asleep for a week, then eat and probably hate everyone for a while. The one thing I didn't expect was the smell. It's not terrible, but it's very distinct, any time I've smelled something close, I'd get very strong urges to use again. Definitely a different monster than meth or opiates, the life expectancy of a Crack addict is very short. I wish my best for you.

The one thing I didn't expect was the smell. It's not terrible, but it's very distinct, any time I've smelled something close
Ever smoked MDPV or a-PVP?

He'll be asleep for a week, then eat and probably hate everyone for a while.
lol, I can relate to that 100% believe me.

When he doesn't smoke Crack he does fall to sleep in such a deep way you can't wake him up!!!!
His body seems to totally Shut Down if he doesn't smoke, I have no idea why this is. I have the same thing myself with my Heroin issue, when I start to get sick I first start to sneeze right at the start then I will get so tired it is insane then fall to sleep but it's NEVER more than 90 minutes, when I wake up that is it, I'm done for as I will not sleep till I get some gear or see the withdrawl through. IF I do nod off it is for an hour at max with INSANE dreams, it's a very odd thing.

How long was it till you were ok?

he probably knocks out like that because his heart is over-worked
With any luck it will explode in his chest the little shit, I am fed up of his behaviour tbh.
I better get my best shirt out, I wonder what his Mom will make of this as we carry him in for the Funeral.

I’m not even that into stimulants but I found the craving of crack comedowns to be the worst drug craving I’ve ever experienced. You will do literally anything to get moreZ extremely reckless behavior.

Like I’m an opiate addict and have been in situations where I was like "fuck it I can’t get more I’ll just have to be sick."

Crack is more like "I need more so I will drive drunk at 3 am into an unknown violent neighborhood I’m sure if I ask random strangers around I will find crack."

When he doesn't smoke Crack he does fall to sleep in such a deep way you can't wake him up!!!!
His body seems to totally Shut Down if he doesn't smoke, I have no idea why this is. I have the same thing myself with my Heroin issue, when I start to get sick I first start to sneeze right at the start then I will get so tired it is insane then fall to sleep but it's NEVER more than 90 minutes, when I wake up that is it, I'm done for as I will not sleep till I get some gear or see the withdrawl through. IF I do nod off it is for an hour at max with INSANE dreams, it's a very odd thing.

Sorry it took me so long to respond! I need to fix my alerts lol.
In many ways, I'm still not ok. I still smell similar things, and even though it's been 20 years, it's like yesterday. I'm still using, but different things now, nit necessarily better.
If you see rehab as an option, go for it, I did a 5 day spin dry from alcohol and it was great! I haven't had a drink in 10+ years, but I replaced it with an IV meth habit lol.

I've been heavily addicted to crack back when I had money but never really realised how bad that "scene" is.

Like back when I was spending thousands a week on the stuff I was just buying loads of fire powder and cooking it in the pyrex myself double boil method and smoking a few grams a day. More if friends or females involved lol. But once money started to run out i did have a period of buying rock from the "best of both" type lines around me and fuck me f i thought the crowd i already knew were bad the ones buying the premade rock local were 10x worse. It is the one thing that makes people act the worst version of themselves IMO.

Like zopiclone bandits mate there, scoungey, expectant, rip you off for the sake of a single pipe type people. No possessions are safe around them. And nothing anyone says will remain in the room either. Very slippery slope hanging around with those sorts. Personally had to delete phone numbers and cut them all off.

Even though I've had a heavy crack habit myself, I cannot empathise with most of these people. When I was really hooked on it I do consider it a terrible addiction what I had, potentially the fact I had money at the time only made it worse even. Cos it could on and on for days. I've spent 7 days without sleep before on the pipe. Taking big bongs of it even with spontex in the gauze.

I find once it a grip on me mentally thats me suckered back in for days at least. The stuff is so mentally addictive I've dreamt of it many times before and done alot of stuff im not proud of because of it, robbing the runners, beating people up to get some rocks etc. It really does change you as a person and it's like opening pandoras box once you send your mindset that way can take weeks sober to fully recover to the person you truly are. Coupled with crippling anxiety and regret. I find also the more often and longer you abuse it paranoid episodes become impossible to avoid and ultimately take over to the point the experience is not enjoy able when you're constantly thinking people are out to kill you. I had and brief spell of IVing flake and could literally write and book with some of the episodes I had, often with friends present and more than one of us convinced we were being chased/followed/hunted :D

Crack is such an unsustainable addiction. Like, how do you go about your life needed that pipe in your mouth every 5 minutes? Don't get me wrong I've done my fair share. Just can't imagine it being routine.
Don't mean to look down on anybody though. I notice drug addicts have a habit of demonizing other people's addictions. Perhaps in an attempt to minimize their own dependencies? Anyway I don't mean to come off like that. Being a crack addict just sounds like such a damn inconvenience.

As I have NEVER had an issue with Cocaine in powder form or Crack I am trying to understand what is driving him to smoke so much, how does your body feel when coming off it? How do you feel mentally when you are starting to withdrawl off it etc? I really have NO IDEA what a habit on Coke OR Crack feels like, what you go through etc so i hope someone can fill me in & I can get a 1% understanding of what the guy is going through.

Well, its nothing like heroin. Its just like being REALLY tired. Infact, if you have no responsibilities it aint bad at all. Sit on the couch and watch tv and eat, and you'll be fine. Then again if you need to drag your ass to school or work then that is pretty hard.