What happens if I go to ER for my HPPD/DP/DR ?? its getting intense!!!

I liked to think of it as my "third eye" being completely open.. BS, but comforting!!

what's really getting me is that so many of the things y'all experience with HPPD, are the kinds of things that I've been feeling everyday, ever since I can remember.....

It wasn't until I started using psychedelics in high-school, that I really began to see the same happening while sober.
After embarking on a 2c-i experiment that lasted three months, my visual field has definitely become more cartoonish; trees and any intricate textures are cell-animated (like in A Scanner Darkly), along with faces and especially hair. American Indian/Mesoamerican artwork does the same, and in a highly noticeable fashion.

However, since as long as I can remember, the minute I start doing something that requires all of my attention (like driving, shooting/hunting, videogames), it's like flipping an off-switch. Everything becomes solid and "normal". In fact for the first few minutes its unsettling, if I havent been behind the wheel or trigger in a while.
The only time I've noticed any hallucinations while driving, is on billboards my peripheral vision, and then only when I'm very fatigued.

I sometimes wonder if possibly HPPD is an induced form of synesthesia..... albeit an often messily-wired and unwelcome version of it.

Last edited:
People can claim what they want. I dont know your experiences, and you dont know mine. But all I know is im tripping balls every day and night.. its not nice. In fact its annoying. Now, you may call it whatever you want. But I call it HPPD :)

Ix-- The attention-based 'off switch' sounds similar to my experience of HPPD. Mine is pretty moderate, but mostly shows up when I'm tired, stressed, or otherwise unfocused. I like to think of it as visual tinnitus-- the brain, for whatever reason, doesn't filter out (or perhaps generates) non-sensual perception information that winds up in the conscious experience of sight. Using focus to reduce one's experience of it may well be a learned skill, and as such would require practise. Driving would be a good, albeit unsafe if the perceptions are intense, way to do so: it is a very visual task, and one that requires a fair bit of attention, at least while learning. Perhaps reading (a paper/e-ink book, not a screen) might help as well? Focusing on a relatively visually bland stimulus, but one that nevertheless has a lot of information that requires attention to extract, might pull your attention away from the perceptions?

As far as DP/DR goes, that's (from my experience at least) more tied to anxiety, and I find that they act as a trigger for increased HPPD, rather than the other way around. YMMV of course.