• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What do you think would happen if they got caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungro

Greenlighter
Hi there, so SWIM, knows somebody who lives in Australia (QLD is as specific as I'm going to get) and is a pretty big stoner. SWIM allegedly sells a bit of pottery to fund his habit, pay the rent, food etc, SWIM would normally clear about one and half pounds of nice cheese a week, sometimes two. SWIM been doing it for two years now and has only been search warranted once. (They only found a couple of bongs, coffee grinder and a hose piece they reckon was used but SWIM had a metal stem at the time so yeah) anyway they knocked at SWIM's front door at 6am sharp, swim opened it to find two plain clothes detectives from Maryboroughs C.I.B. (they cover a massive area and mainly go after drugs) They had a search warrant simply stating what they were looking for (cannabis sativa) and what SWIM's rights were. They didn't find any pottery cos this was Monday morning and the weekends tend to be busy for SWIM. SWIM normally has at least two ounces at any given time, so SWIM was extremely lucky they didn't find anything to give SWIM a criminal record, all SWIM got was Drug diversion (you sit there for an hour and depending what drugs you did, different things happened) and that was over a year ago now. Ever since then SWIM has been ever so stealthy and has managed to stay under the radar, SWIM no longer allows visitors other than a close, trusted friend, does all the business outside and walks/catches a lift when SWIM can. So nobody knows where SWIM is, they only have SWIMs phone number. (Which gets tossed every now and then, usually mid year when they conduct annual raids).

Now to finally get to the question, what would happen if SWIM got raided? Would SWIM be facing jail time? I know situations are different but what could SWIM expect from a raid and what would follow it? No other "drugs" are used or sold from SWIM.
What do they do with cash that they find? What do they need to prove intention to supply?

TL;DR: What happens if swim gets raided with 2 ozs of pot and they find scales and prove that selling is involved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Ps: first post deserves to be long methinks.

F7610.png

Welcome to Bluelight.

Answer - We can't tell you the answers to all that stuff, we shouldn't try and even guess, we aren't the law or a judge, how the hell would we know? I do know that they would seize the cash tho. Hope that helps lol.

This isn't anything to do with real harm reduction, which is what BL is about. Old mate swim is obviously breaking the law pretty badly, so if he wants to be safe give up the pottery and cheese. Simple.

PS) This will be closed no doubt.

F7610.png

Welcome to Bluelight.

Answer - We can't tell you the answers to all that stuff, we shouldn't try and even guess, we aren't the law or a judge, how the hell would we know? I do know that they would seize the cash tho. Hope that helps lol.

This isn't anything to do with real harm reduction, which is what BL is about. Old mate swim is obviously breaking the law pretty badly, so if he wants to be safe give up the pottery and cheese. Simple.

PS) This will be closed no doubt.

Where did this SWIM thing come from? Do people really think it protects them so much that the police are thinking there's some notorious bastard called "Swim" dealing drugs out there?

If you are caught dealing drugs then always expect the worst. Our justice systems works differently for each individual case and is often at the mercy of the judge and the prosecutors. If you have enough money for a good lawyer then expect to walk away with nothing more than a stern warning. If you are clumsy and give them no other option then expect jail time. Personally I would think you are hard done by if you do jail time for 2 oz but I won't be the one swinging the wooden hammer.

2 oz is not a lot by most criminal standards, in fact if you are careful you could also get away with arguing it was personal use. Obviously a bit hard to argue this if you have them bagged into 50's and have a box of rolled up notes next to a ledger or they tarck you for long enough and try to peg you with dealing 2 oz/week over a 6 month period. It sounds like you are small time but not clever enough to not be on the police of Maryboroughs scope. Either lift your game or get out before you ruin your life over chump change.

^ I'm not sure where it came from, but some places use it on their forums and such, but BL doesn't allow it in the BLUA which can be found here -

http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)

ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS THROUGH USE

By using this site, and any other site owned and operated by Bluelight (www.bluelight.ru), you signify your agreement to the terms, conditions and notices of this policy.

PROHIBITED USE

Rules have been established to protect Bluelight and its members against abuse. Use of Bluelight for any purpose that is unlawful, or in any manner which could impair the operation of this site or any other party's use or enjoyment of this site, is strictly prohibited. Specifically, you may not:
use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation: attempting to solicit or obtain contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status; or information on how to do so; posting or exchanging any information on ongoing or future criminal activity, or any information which can be construed as discussing such activity; actively encouraging others to engage in criminal activities.
Further, the use of ineffective self-incrimination avoidance terms is forbidden. Terms include but are not limited to: SWIM; my dog; my cat; a mouse; my pet hamster.
post or upload any content that is libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious or inaccurate;
post or upload any content that is copyrighted by another, or invasive of another's privacy;
post or upload any content that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or any other reason;
post or upload to a forum any content that violates specific rules of that forum;
register multiple accounts ("alter egos");
act as an official representive of Bluelight;
associate a third-party website with Bluelight without authorization;
interfere with service to any user or host including, without limitation, mail-bombing, flooding, and attempting to deliberately overload the system;
attempt to gain unauthorized access to data, accounts or systems of this site, or probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system of this site; disseminate in any way, content originally posted in any staff-only area of the site
use Bluelight to spread unsolicited bulk mail (UBE) or post advertisements without prior consent from an administrator;
use other Internet sites to promote libelous or slanderous messages about Bluelight or incite abuse against Bluelight.

Last edited:
If you are caught dealing drugs then always expect the worst. Our justice systems works differently for each individual case and is often at the mercy of the judge and the prosecutors. If you have enough money for a good lawyer then expect to walk away with nothing more than a stern warning. If you are clumsy and give them no other option then expect jail time. Personally I would think you are hard done by if you do jail time for 2 oz but I won't be the one swinging the wooden hammer.

2 oz is not a lot by most criminal standards, in fact if you are careful you could also get away with arguing it was personal use. Obviously a bit hard to argue this if you have them bagged into 50's and have a box of rolled up notes next to a ledger or they tarck you for long enough and try to peg you with dealing 2 oz/week over a 6 month period. It sounds like you are small time but not clever enough to not be on the police of Maryboroughs scope. Either lift your game or get out before you ruin your life over chump change.

Yeah a good lawyer is always a good idea and it probably would depend on the judge and many factors.

This guy in QLD had 60+ plants, a hydro set up, clip baggies and pot and hash and the judge gave him a $800 fine but no conviction was recorded.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/drug-grower-hit-with-800-fine/1867777/

That was in the last couple of weeks.

And also note that just above the large red writing it also says it is prohibited to:

"Posting or exchanging any information on ongoing or future criminal activity, or any information which can be construed as discussing such activity."

As said above, using SWIM does not prevent anyone from knowing you are speaking about yourself and will not help you legally and can be used against you. Also, keep in mind, you said you weren't going to be specific, but you were pretty damn specific on a lot of things!

Check out the rules on BL before you post. I mean even if you don't care about them there is some pretty good advice in there about keeping yourself safe with what you are posting. I'm sure everyone is happy to have you here and I'm glad you joined but go ahead and try to familarize yourself a little with the site.
:)

Where did this SWIM thing come from? Do people really think it protects them so much that the police are thinking there's some notorious bastard called "Swim" dealing drugs out there?

It stands for Someone Who Isn't Me.

Jungro, what others have said is correct. We do avoid legal advice type threads here; it isn't really what BL is for. We're not qualified to give out legal advice, and also, consider that law enforcement do browse these boards. SWIM doesn't offer any protection, and giving out the details you have in a public setting such as this probably isn't wise. For those reasons I am closing this thread.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.