• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are your guys thoughts on alcohol for meth comedowns?

ovo1024

Bluelighter
I personally prefer pretty much everythingv else over alcohol for the come down but more often than not alcohol is all i got. & it does help, a lot. But i hate having to drink alcohol when on empty stomach half way dehydrated & shit. Plus I'm sure it's not good for me

I'd have to pick a benzo, carisopradol or a gabaergic med but are you able to eat and hydrate with something other than EtOH after you get a few drinks in you ? I suppose the ends justify the means if you can use that alcohol to get some rest and eat something for starters, but just alcohol alone sounds like it would make for an even more hellish comedown.

I personally prefer pretty much everythingv else over alcohol for the come down but more often than not alcohol is all i got. & it does help, a lot. But i hate having to drink alcohol when on empty stomach half way dehydrated & shit. Plus I'm sure it's not good for me

You're right, it's not good for you. It's VERY harsh on your body, especially because, as you said, you're dehydrated and somewhat malnourished after taking amphetamines. Not only that, but it's not really an effective way to ease the crash anyway. It may feel like it's helping at the time, but the next day you'll feel even worse because the sleep you get from alcohol is unnatural and not actually restorative at all. All you're really doing is delaying the crash for temporary, minor relief.

If you can't obtain a benzo or something similar for the crash, you're better off just toughing it out and falling asleep naturally once you're completely exhausted.

Well i forced down a hot dog chugged a bottle of water. Then chilled for a bit. Now I'm drunk off Bacardi. Still haven't slept lol I'll let y'all know how i feel tomorrow

I feel surprisingly decent today. A little depressed & hungry af but that's it

Benzo all the way. Xanax or valium, sleep, done lol. Or opiates are amazing for that as well. Or the combo.
BUT since you only have alcohol, try to eat something, anything if possible. Just try to choke down something. Then drink as much as you can to put yourself to sleep. Also try a couple diphenhydramine/benadryl's if you can get those. Not the worst thing in the world, it works just fine. Just hard on the stomach and body. Peace,

take whats available - but yeah alcohol is the secpmd to last option , only thing i'd prefer less is weed but i hate bud in general so no suprises there.