• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What am I in for?

Highgrade204

Greenlighter
Alright I?m probably posting in the wrong place if so I do apologize. I?m new to blue light but for the past almost 3 months now I?ve been abusing oxycodone every day I got up to about 100mg a day sometimes more sometimes a little less anyways I want to give this shit up and stop now while I can. I?ve done some googling on the subject but couldn?t really find much for short term use. Although Ive only been doing them for a short term what am I in for? Will the withdrawal symptoms last long? I have over 30 .5mg clonazapam that I got today on a script refill I?m all so on Zoloft 50mg a day and trazadone 50mg but I never taken the trazadone yet anyways sorry for the rant and whatnot any help/advice would be appreciated and if this post needs to be moved please do so haha thanks everyone

I would say your in for a bit of discomfort but nothing excessive. The class Clonazepam will help greatly. Expect to feel restless irritable irrational with some muscle soreness.itll be over by day 6 with the worst being day 3-4. You can do it. Keep us posted on how it goes

Thanks! I?m gonna beat this don?t know why I ever got into it :/ glad I came to my senses :/ i will keep updating :)

Good for you for realizing that u are playing with fire before it got toooo out of hand. Buckle down, stay busy if you feel well enough, and SLEEP if there is any way you can. I you are the praying type, pray!! lean on God!! Remember he will never deal us a hand we can?t play.
I?m sending one up for you now i

I'm just starting myself but week 2 is better than week 1 for me. Good luck and as others have said keep busy.

I am detoxing from about 100mg Oxys too, I was using probably for 6 months. I did a quick taper for 2 weeks and honestly wish I would've just quit cold turkey because it just dragged out the process. I'm on day 4 of nothing. You're going to feel WDs from that usage. But like others have said, the worst is over around day 5. Maybe day 4 for you. I'm on Zoloft as well, but quit when I was on Oxys because I wasn't depressed then lol but I'll be taking them again soon. I switched up OTC sleep meds to help me sleep. You can do this!

The good thing about oxycodone WD is that they are over quick. It hits pretty hard and fast and by one week, you are pretty much over it. You definitely have enough benzos to beat the anxiety and sleep without getting addicted to them as well. Keep that Trazadone on hand as well. It can help to hammer you to sleep during the worst of it.

Here is the way I always handled short-term WDs:
1. Try to line up as little responsibilities as possible for one week (take vacation from work, get a babysitter, etc.)
2. Pick a whole bunch of TV, movies, etc that you have wanted to watch on DVD, BluRay or Netflix.
3. Take some benzos to keep the anxiety manageable.
4. Lay in bed and binge watch TV.
5. Take as many hot showers as you can manage to get up for. They feel so nice and help a lot.

It will be over before you know it. And then you will be FREE!

I had the same problem but instead of doing one drug id do whatever I got my hands on. I used to look threw medicine cabinets and steal drugs all the time and then I realized it?s all bull sh*t, I?m going to hurt myself again and again physically and emotionally I was so tired of all the addiction, I tried to stop so meny times, I tried everything I could without help but it never helped. I then forced myself to get a drug and alcohol counselor and it really helped but i still had a hard time quitting but I was so devoted to quiting because it messed up my life on so meny levals and so much Times. Personally I think there is a long road to recovery and it?s not easy but if you truly want to quit you will it just depends on how motivated you are toward quiting and how hard you want to quit.

The long road analogy is a good one when it comes to recovery. I think of it as more a long walk to freedom (like the book title), but it's the same idea :)