• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What a difference 6 months makes

Dcole461

Bluelighter
Hello all,

I'm happy to be in a position to talk about being clean for 6 months. I would have been clean for 11 months but I relapsed twice in the first 5 months. I went cold turkey after 2 years of pretty heavy usage (meth drug of "choice"). I had it rough for a while, I was having pretty severe chest pains and thought it was near the end for me. But I've changed my diet dramatically and I've finally started going to the gym again since summer is almost here. It's hard though because I can't exercise like I used to. I don't know how healthy my heart is, but I've had ecgs done and the doctor said everything's fine. And I no longer have chest pains, but I'm still afraid to push myself.

I spent a lot of time wanting to die, and now I'm afraid that I'm in my twilight years at just 30. But at least I'm clean and trying to be healthy. I guess I should focus on that. I still think about doing it again. Not as much as I used to, but I get sudden, severe urges. I know that if I ever do it again, I'll be doing it the rest of my life. That's a pretty strong motivator. Anyone else turn their health around after quitting meth?

congratulation !!!
I hope to get 6 months again someday
a daily struggle with Vicodin ☹

awesome!!! well done. the swiftness of progress in early recovery is quite amazing to look back on. and to look back at using, when i didn't want to come into recovery, seriously fuck that shit it sucked big time.

i only tried meth once, in the UK its a lot rarer. a really excessive amount of crack did me in, plus heroin. i was coughing up black shit (apparently dried blood) occasionally for nearly 6 months so i kinda get you about your lungs. i'm glad you no longer have chest pains! congrats on getting to the gym and eating healthily too i'm sure it helps a lot.