• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Whale Wars

Larr_E

Bluelighter
I really don't mean to sound like an ass but why save the whales? Why are the guys on this show so passionate about whales? I just don't get it. Please don't mistakes my ignorence of the issue for insensitivity...

Fuk yu dolphin!!!!

rofl.

I am very bored with this show, and it frustrates me. Sometimes when im drinkin G, or twacked, my girlfriend or best friend will put it on just to annoy me. It's like getting trolled in real life.

This is one of those shows that I watch for background noise from time to time, though never for long. The cinematography of the Southern Ocean is really beautiful, and one reason to watch.

The characters, though, annoy the hell out of me, especially the grandstanding captain and his closest sycophants. I also think they're wasting their time; attack whaling by persuading the Japanese to eat less of them, rather than burning gas chasing goddamned ships around the South Pole. Not to mention that--as much as I love whales--it annoys me that they get the kind of sympathy unshared by sharks, bluefin tuna, krill, Atlantic cod, hoki, and just about any other oceanic critter that's been pissed on by humanity.

this show is a complete and titanic fail. every episode is a disastrous attempt at action which usually ends up with a busted tow line, or getting stuck in icy waters, or hardware being thrown at them. its hillarious honestly. think terrorists with water balloons rather than grenades. reminds me of dog the bounty hunter with their cans of mace with scopes on 'em.

i do love the theme though. "Butterflies and bullet wings"

Haven't heard of the show, but many species of whales are endangered. Others at the very least at risk of being so.

what cracked me up was the captains 1st mate, who is no longer with the group as he left last year...

anyway, this guy had been out chasing whales with the sea shepards for like 15 years or something and he still don't know what compass headings were...and this guy was 2nd in charge after the captain.

the scene i recall was one in which they were chasing a whaling boat and one of the crew kept telling the guy compass bearings like-

crewman: "turn to 170 degrees"

1st mate: "what?...where?"

crewman: "ummmm, a little to the left"

i have no idea how you can at sea for 15 years, many of them at 1st mate, and still not know how to read a compass....

Fuk yu dolphin!!!!
Hahaha thats all I can think of when I hear about this show. Its cool to save whales as their aren't a ton left and we don't really need whale anymore either.

But if they stop killing whales, where are we going to get our whale ice cream from?

ice_whale.jpg