Wellbutrin? Gotta few ques

Randy

Bluelighter
Walking home today I found a big pack of wellbutrin on the ground. All sealed and in its box. W/o sounding like a crackhead, can I get high on this? It is an antidepressent. While checking up on it it advised not to take w/in 2 weeks of an MAO inhibiter. Would this include rolling? thx in advance

I don't recomend takeing any medication that was not perscribed to you...
however,
I don't know much about wellbutrin, but what I do know is that MAOI's have bad effects on rolling... now I am not a pharmacist, or a doctor, but I think that possibly, since both wellbutrin, and e, do not mix with MAOI's then perhaps, there is a better chance that there won't be a conflict between e, and wellburtin... but what the fuck do I know.
Call your local pharmacy, and tell them you have some questions about the drug... ask them for side effects, etc...
but anyways... I would realy recomend not touching the stuff... and hate to sound down on you... but when you ask if something you found on the street will "get you high" you don't just SOUND like a crackhead, but you ARE a crackhead. use your head, throw it out.
------------------
"Like a shooting star,
Accross the midnight sky!
Wherever you are,
Yer gunna see me FLY!!"
-BANG!
PaRaDoX -and PLUR for all!

Wellbutrin aka buproprion is prescribed also under the name Zyban to help stop smoking. More than 200mg of the non-sustained release formula means seizure city in a portion of the population. It is thought to work by inhibiting the uptake of dopamine and adrenaline -> which is how it imparts its anti nicotine withdrawal and antidepressant effects. It's a stimulant.
------------------
d e e p .
"Deep, I can't help but notice that everything you say in here is either negative, rude or just plain stupid" - Freaky Candy Monkey

hey
i used to take welbutrin and still do on occasion.......when i am depressed it makes me soooo hyper and go go go that i love it but after a few days i cant sleep and am anxious.
welbutrin is not a MAOI its an atypical antidepressant that effects 3 brain chemicals(see deeps post)
please be careful taking scripts that arent yours and at least call a pharmacy and inquire about it
it can make you speedy but i wouldnt call it high and dont take it within a few hours of bed or you wont sleep.
------------------
~special k~
"you will remain the same till the pain of staying that way is greater then the pain of change"

if you take it it should give you some wikked dreams.
if you want to know more about meds dosages, contraindications, clinical pharmacology, etc... go to www.rxlist.com they have a search engine and some good info.

gotta add i'm on wellbutrin right now to quit smoking. i've used it in the past to quit and it works VERY well for me. in fact last time i took it to quit i was only on it for 10 days and i was done with the evil ciggies. of course i won't be doing any beans in the near future, but at least i'll be smoke free. wish me luck, it's only day one for me...

Thx for the info so far. I've never done anything like this before, and prob won't start either. I robotripped once nad that was a very messy experience. My sis has been on every antidepressant (all prescribed, bi polar) so I had to ask.