• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Weird testing question

waterheart776

Bluelighter
Hey. Recently tested a "substance" purported to be MDMA, using the Marquis reagent. The reaction it gave was something I've never seen before. It scared the shit out of me. The thing fizzed, smoked, and went straight to black in less than a second.

Does this mean anything special?

From Erowid.org
Dark Purple / Black
Black or very dark purple/blue most often indicates either the presence of an ecstasy like substance (MDMA, MDE, or MDA), DXM, or opiates. It is possible to differentiate between DXM and the ecstasy like substances based on the period of time it takes for the reagent to turn black.
Dark Grey
DXM will emit a small amount of smoke first, then turn the reagent black after 5-10 seconds. Ecstasy-like substances may emit a tiny bit of smoke (generally not as much as DXM) and will begin turning color immediately.
Hope that helps. Sounds like kind of a tough call.

Simons indicated MDMA (it turned blue). It was NOT DXM. Robadope test had no change at all.

The color change on the Marquis took about a nanosecond...it was almost instantaneous.

Last edited:
^^^ It has been my experience that when a test fizzles/pops with Marquis, you have something very nice on your hands. ;)

Of course this can be confusing because DXM can cause almost the same reaction, but it appears that your other reagents have confirmed you have an MDxx substance.

Let us know how it goes for you if you decide to ingest....and please put up your testing results on www.pillreports.com ;)