View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weird taste when tripping?

terarc

Bluelighter
During trips a lot of the time I get this strange taste in my mouth during and after the peak, I've had this on LSD, 2C-B, mushrooms, mescaline and even MDMA. It's kind of like a chemically, 'battery acid' type taste but then is simultaneously mild and organic tasting rather than synthetic. The first thing that comes to mind when I notice it is 'this is some kind of approximation of how my brain/mind would taste, or be represented as a taste'. Sounds weird I know, but it doesn't really bother me, in fact I kind of like it, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before?

Im pretty sure thats just tge acidity of your own mouth that your tasting the ph of your mouth gets different when you trip and because your senses are heightened this is noticed. Just my theory tho the same thing always happens to me

I had a strong metallic taste when I tripped on LSD. My wife said she had a terrible taste as well. Looks like we're all normal :)

Yeah I assumed it was just sensitivity to the acidity of my own mouth or a kind of 'taste distortion' in the same way my vision and hearing was distorted. 'Metallic' is definitely an accurate way to describe it. At least it seems pretty common then haha, interesting though. It has something about it that's really intriguing, seems familiar, kind of like the 'coming home' feeling coming up on psychs.