View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weird Flashback Update? Or really high?

greenuser8

Greenlighter
About a month ago, I made this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/...-Advice-Needed

tl;dr I took a THC capsule and got very out of body and thought I was having an acid flashback.

I brushed this experience as nothing but getting really high unsuspectedly. However, a very similar thing happened two days ago. I was toking on a lot of weed, and I could stare in my friends car, and try to "remember" this out of body feeling. And I felt it again, but I had to be really high.

I felt that same feeling two days ago after smoking a lot.

This time however, I managed to keep my cool. The best way I can describe this feeling is just looking around like your normal self, and all of a sudden your conscious gets pulled to the back of your mind, to the point where you can't really process that much what you're looking at - creating a headspace type feeling. I'm not sure if this was an acid flashback. I tried looking around and testing, I had lots of visual snow (just from weed I assume) but no actual trippy visuals.

Does this negate this being an acid flashback? I didn't feel "tripping balls", I felt "weed trippy" but what concerned me more is that it's a "memory feeling", I can basically try and remember how I was looking at the world when really high and I can if stoned sometimes. Once I 'see' things like that, it takes ~10 minutes for my vision/interpreting to go back to normal but still high.

The feeling is basically a change in the way I'm interpreting my vision. And it's a pretty trippy feeling. Just not sure (and hope) it isn't a flashback from my trips 6 months ago.

Lastly, does this at all make me more prone to getting sober flashbacks?

Acid flashbacks simply do not exist. It may have brought back similar feelings to when you were tripping, and caused panic, but this doesn't constitute as a "flashback". A flashback would have to be when someone is completely sober and all of a sudden they are feeling the full blown effects of LSD again (or whatever psychedelic it may be). This simply does not happen unless someone is suffering from a mental disorder, most likely psychosis. And trust me, I've had plenty of horrific panic attacks on weed ever since a disastrous LSD trip more than 2 years ago that left me with PTSD symptoms. I get the panic feeling almost every time I smoke pot now, but have learned to mostly overcome it. That's why I don't smoke a lot in one sitting, because if I'm too high then my mind can't get rid of the feeling and it will almost always turn into a terrible panic episode feeling like I'm in a bad trip all over again. Weed just is not the same for many people after they've experienced psychedelics. THC can seem much more psychedelic, months or even years after using psychedelics. I would ease up on your THC consumption and try to stick more to Indica strains rather than Sativa strains. For me, Sativas are too strong and cause panic much of the time. It is perfectly normal for weed to alter your vision and even cause some minor visuals, having used psychedelics in the recent past. Strong edibles give me visuals similar to a weak trip.

People may disagree with me about flashbacks not being real, but I believe it to be just more false information floating around about LSD, especially people who seem to have the false belief of acid "staying in human spinal fluid for several years" which is complete and utter nonsense.

Last edited:
I didn't panic this second time, so I think I am assured the feeling doesn't necessarily come with panic. It didn't even really alter my visuals, just felt like it blew me out of my mind. I simply don't remember the exact trip feeling from 5-6 months ago to properly confirm whether this feeling came from a trip. But it certainly takes me back when it hits me. I usually end up finishing my high just dwelling on "why I just felt that". Probably my anxiety/OCD making it manifest more. Ah well, since it doesn't seem to be bad or affecting me majorly just yet, I'll keep smoking. If it starts to hit harder I won't, however it seems to only be able to come when I'm really high - and it could just be the high itself.

There are a range of things once could broadly call flashbacks - recalling of memories in various ways or even triggering of (slightly different thing) de ja vu - this is just normal psychology as are occasional profound altered states even without drugs. I can't say acid flashbacks are impossible but think as they are generally understood they are near enough non existent enough to treat them as such; perhaps extremely rarely a post traumatic thing might occur but really I think "flashbacks" are a cultural phenomena of interpreting a mental state in the light of popular 'LSD flashback' mythology. As such the mythology is causing more harm and stress than acid. Sometimes weed really sends you off on one.

Last edited: