• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weird feeling of high pressure in balls while tripping; actual issue or just anxiety?

Shaal

Bluelighter
Hi, so I posted about this earlier today in another thread, but I thought more people would see my question like this.

Once I was tripping on MXE (oral, 20 mg) plus 2C-D (oral, 20 mg) and 4-HO-MET (plugged, circa 5 mg). The trip was splendid, but at some point I noticed a weird feeling of high pressure in my balls and the area between the balls and the arsehole (apparently it's called gooch in english). I also at the same time became extremely conscious of the fact that my balls were going up and down at every breath I took. Which is normal I guess (I checked while sober and it happens too) but combined with the feeling of high pressure, it was kind of worrying. I tried to stop thinking about it, succeeded at some points, but I kept feeling the "high pressure" and could not ignore it. I tried to cope with it, reassure myself, but I eventually had to take a benzo because I knew where this was going (anxiety attack) and the anxiety was already causing pretty bad visuals, like seeing myself as a squeleton in the mirror, and I had no buddies to lift me up. The benzo ended the trip.

So, my question: has anyone felt that kind of high pressure feeling in the balls / gooch area while tripping? Maybe it's just my mind which became over-conscious of perfectly normal phenomenon?

You were probably just feeling your energy/chi/prana, and at that time there may have been a concentration down there for whatever reason.

^Exactly. That's your root chakra. I have felt pressure mainly in my head, third eye and crown. I even get some mild pressure when I get stoned enough. I can't see how psychedelics could possibly cause any physical harm to any part of your body unless you consider vasoconstriction harm. If this ever happens again, see if you can balance the "pressure" out by visualizing it as energy and letting it flow through your body so that it doesn't build up in one spot. It may take some experimenting to get it right, don't give up after one try.

Thanks guys, your answers are awesome and make me see things in a new, positive and interesting light. I think straight away about physiological explanations when this stuff happens to me, and didn't consider it at all in this manner. I'm going to document myself about what you said. At the time, I was thinking that if it was high blood pressure, maybe it was caused by the combo MXE + psychedelics. Because I've never had that on MXE alone, or psychedelics alone. That combo is awesome by the way (thumbs up to Xorkoth for informing me about it), very euphoric and visual, too bad I had to end the trip. I don't have much MXE left, I keep it only for this combo now.

And I will keep that in mind about the masturbation lol. I already do it to calm down when I'm really high, and before sleeping.

Don't masturbate to get rid of the energy. You're just discarding it instead of redirecting it to your body and keeping it for yourself. Masturbating is a waste of it.

Personally, no. I think that provides a unique energy all its own.

Loving and tantric (I don't mean the entire sense of the word, but just aware, loving, and mindful sex) sex is never a waste of energy, but more of an amplifier. A main point is to become one flow of energy, one flow through the both of you, and in my experience that just builds energy.

You become one with your Partner right? So this pretty much like having sex with your right hand, and i'm in love with my right hand! So were's the energy loss?

Sarcasm or serious? Let me know and I'll respond accordingly ;)

This is very serious but stated in a sarcastic elliptic way.

Obviously having sex with a partner is different than masturbation. The physiological response (hormones secretions and so on…) is much stronger as well as the psychological arousal; it also involve deep psyche material linked to personal history and transpersonal archetypes phylogenetically inherited; moreover, if it’s an heterosexual intercourse, the reproduction of the human species, which is a very strong biological drive, will play a major role in the subjective experience of oneness. It’s a whole different experience.

I personally think what Shaal is describing is purely sexual arousal. Under the influence of the psychedelics he is simply more conscious of subtle physiological events coupled with a slight perceptual distortion. In other words his first chakra is opening up. Why not go on and fully experience it? If he is lucky enough to be with his lover, having sex might be a wonderful experience of psychedelic tantric sex. If he is by himself with his hands, he could self-explore his body and experience sex in a purely physiological way, let’s say he is taking advantage of the opening of his first chakra. Then, pure emotions and past experiences related to sex may arise and may be consciously explored, let’s say he is opening his second and third chakras. I think going any further up would require sex with a partner, but hey! He open and explore his first three chakras and may greatly benefit from the experience if he further integrate it in his day to day life! Is it a waste of energy? Is it better to go the catholic way, bypass sex and try to use the energy to worship God or whatever other silly reasons and end up as a frustrated human being?

The waste of energy happens when masturbation becomes compulsive, when it is practiced to fill up a psychological void. Compulsive sex with one or multiple partners to fill a void or to fulfill a pathological control drive (like displaying women as trophies) is also a big waste of energy.

I wish this clarifies my opinions on the subject.

It most definitely clarifies, it is a great post that I agree whole-heartedly with. My only objection would be the inability to go higher than the third chakra while masturbating alone ;) I've had my crown explode open before while masturbating and using an anal toy. Good stuff.