Weaning off Opana (Oxymorphone) With Oxycodone? Quitting Opiates Help

JKTeets2789

Greenlighter
As the title says im wondering as to whether or not it would be smart to switch from Opana, which I'm currently taking, to a shorter acting opiate such as Heroin or Oxy in order to make the withdrawals as short as possible (As I am under the impression Opana is significantly stronger, thus the withdrawals are more severe)

My DOC for past 2 years was always Oxy, although all opiates (H, dillys, etc) were used. I was clean for 4 months over the summer and relapsed in September on Heroin and Oxy. So I've been on a 3 month bender, and after relapsing on mostly Oxy (and getting to the point where i wasnt getting high, just maintaining) I found that Opana was actually getting me high and cost SIGNIFICANTLY less. So for the past MONTH i have just been using the Opana (40mg ER)

MY QUESTION IS THIS- Would it be advisable to say, cut off the Opana and switch to Oxy or Heroin for a week, and quit off one of those shorter acting opiates?
I plan on using suboxone for the first 3-5 days of my withdrawal also, and am not new to that either so it is not an issue. I am strictly wondering if Opana has more severe withdrawals than Oxy or Heroin, thus making it a good decision to jump off it and pick up oxy which is less potent and shorter acting.

I would be quitting all opiates, so this is not as if I am asking about totally switching, it would be strictly for a week and then I will be quitting all opiates (except sub for 3-5days). Also, we are not talking about small doses here.50mg of oxy or 3 bags of H would be a walk in the park. Its more like (these are daily amounts if I were to take that specific drug) 300mg of Oxy, 100mg of Opana or 1-1.2 grams of H. This isnt my first rodeo, i know what im in for as ive withdrawn more times than i can count but I have NEVER EXPERIENCED withdrawing from Opana, thus the question.

Answers are appreciated, preferably if you have experience withdrawing from Opana previously along with other opiates

THANKS GUYS!

Not sure if this was clear, i was Sniffing the Opana, as its absolute shit orally cause the BA is so low (Heroin was IV and Oxy was sniffed 70% of the time IV'd 30% ) - in case that factors into anyones response :)

Based on a quick wiki search Oxycodone has a longer half life than Opana. I'm not sure how Opana ER would factor into the equation. But from my experience Opana ER WD's are slightly shorter, or about the same as heroin or oxycodone. And, I don't think weaning off a drug you snort (Opana) with a drug you shoot (H,Oxy) would be advisable. For most, the IV method carries a new level of addiction and/or needle fixation. You probably know that.

Honestly, sounds like something I might rationalize doing to chase the high.

You misunderstood. I am either weaning off opana itself, or something more short acting. Either way, whatever the DOC it is being titrated and ceased within a week I just thought oxy may be better to jump off after a wean than opana.

There's no rationalization trust that. I would not be IV'ing the oxy or H as I haven't done that ROA in some time now. They would be, as I said, strictly used to wean.

I have no personal experience with Opana withdrawals (or H or oxy withdrawals at that! :D), but why not just taper off the Opana and use the subs through the first part of withdrawals and take it from there? You haven't experienced Opana withdrawals before so you don't know that they're going to be any worse, or any different at all, to H or oxy withdrawals. And of course it varies from person to person, and how much you've been taking etc etc (you know all of that).

I would suggest that you wean off Opana, use your subs through withdrawals, and forget about using the H or oxy. If you bring H and/or oxy back in to the equation, not only are you delaying the inevitability of the withdrawals, but you're risking not being able to taper off/quit at all.

Good luck man, let us know how you go okay? <3

I agree with N3oph, just taper off the opana and then hop on subs for a few. And there is a thread on the forums about Opana WD and apparently its not something you want to take lightly. A lot of people were saying that its the worst WD they have ever gone through and they were sniffing it as well. It is a pretty recent thread, I think it might be in the Opana Mega Thread if you want to check it out for more information on what people are saying about the WD's.

Edit : By the way that thread is in the OD section of the Forums.

Last edited: