Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Warning - 3-Hydroxy-PCP sold as ketamine in Victoria

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
This alert was released by the Victorian Government a few days ago. If you are using ketamine, this is relevant to you.

There are a number of reagent test kits on the market that will indicate the presence of ketamine. While that doesn't guarantee the contents, it does at least tell you that the desired ingredient is present. The only way to truly know, in Australia at the moment, is to take a trip to Canberra's drug checking services. Hopefully we can get some more similar services operating in other parts of the country soon.

3-HO-PCP is a “dissociative” drug that takes longer to have an effect than ketamine, but is more potent and unpredictable​

A dissociative increases feelings of ‘distance from reality’, but also has other effects. Not much is known about 3-HO-PCP, but its effects appear to include unconsciousness, raised blood pressure and heart rate, hallucinations, agitation and confusion. It can also affect opioid receptors and may lead to ineffective breathing.

People who have used 3-HO-PCP report that it may be more potent than ketamine (stronger effects happen at a lower dose). They also report that 3-HO-PCP takes longer than ketamine to take effect and wear off.

3-HO-PCP is a similar chemical to PCP (“Angel Dust”). While it’s not clear how similar their effects are, they may share some unwanted effects such as hallucinations, agitation, and elevations in heart rate, blood pressure and body temperature.

Be cautious about any drug sold recently as ketamine in Victoria​

The 3-HO-PCP circulating in Victoria is described as a white powder that looks like ketamine. In the past few weeks, there’s been an unusually high number of people seeking emergency medical support after using what they thought was ketamine. Those who sought help typically experienced unconsciousness or unexpectedly severe dissociative effects requiring medical assistance. Several people have since had 3-HO-PCP confirmed with blood tests.

3-HO-PCP can take around 20 to 40 minutes to have a noticeable effect and lasts about three to four hours. Ketamine usually has an effect in 7.5 to 20 minutes and lasts one to two hours. If you experience delayed or unexpected drug effects, do not take more.

Using dissociatives like 3-HO-PCP with depressants such as opioids, benzodiazepines, GHB, or alcohol will increase the risk of overdose and may lead to loss of consciousness and ineffective breathing.

Reduce the risk of harm​

If you experience adverse drug effects, or are present when someone has an unexpected reaction, seek help immediately by calling Triple Zero (000).

All alcohol and other drug use comes with risks, so:

• Be aware that other false or contaminated drug products may circulate in Victoria, even if no specific warning has been issued about them. Another ketamine substitute, 2F-NENDCK, has also been seen recently in the ACT.
  • Start low and go slow, and make sure you’re in a safe environment with people you trust.
  • Remember, even ‘pure’ drugs can produce serious side effects and death, and can interact dangerously with medications/pharmaceutical drugs.
Contact Harm Reduction Victoria’s DanceWize team for anonymous support and education from peers. Talk to DanceWize volunteers online at Facebook or by email at [email protected].

If you or someone you know needs help with alcohol or drug use, call DirectLine on 1800 888 236 or visit Directline for information and support to access treatment.

Everyone remember to get your new Morris reagent! It can differentiate between these two.

-GC
That’s excellent to know.

Unfortunately if ordering through Dancesafe, they charge $20 for the kit and $90(!) for shipping to Australia.

So unless there’s an Australian alternative, that seems pretty expensive. At least they offer to ship here I guess!

That’s excellent to know.

Unfortunately if ordering through Dancesafe, they charge $20 for the kit and $90(!) for shipping to Australia.

So unless there’s an Australian alternative, that seems pretty expensive. At least they offer to ship here I guess!

Yea it could still be worth it for a group of people to pitch in together on one, but that shipping is steep. I think BunkPolice has one too their shipping may be less.

-GC

If someone can find out what is in the reagent (an ingredient list) it "should" be simple enough to mix large amounts for next to nothing.
Google told me nothing as to its components.

I hope it's at least been cut (as in diluted with inert powders). The difference in dose between ketamine, which people casually take in the hundreds of milligrams (over an evening), and 3-HO-PCP, which will have most people wrecked in the space of a few milligrams, is immense.

I think ketamine is a once-in-a-blue-moon type thing because of the physical repercussions of constant use, not so much the psychoactive effect of the drug itself.

3-HO-PCP, I was scared off even trying after being around people on it.

I hope it's at least been cut (as in diluted with inert powders). The difference in dose between ketamine, which people casually take in the hundreds of milligrams (over an evening), and 3-HO-PCP, which will have most people wrecked in the space of a few milligrams, is immense.

I think ketamine is a once-in-a-blue-moon type thing because of the physical repercussions of constant use, not so much the psychoactive effect of the drug itself.

3-HO-PCP, I was scared off even trying after being around people on it.

What does it do to people that makes you stay away?

I’ve been very curious of these various PCP analogs, mainly the idea of a stimulating ketamine really appeals to me but I also see the danger in that as well. At least with K the further gone you are the less you move. I’ve melted my shoes, I’ve cut my hand so bad my arm was covered in blood, just a couple fun things I’ve done K’ed out and not realizing it.

-GC

Yikes, yeah as others have said, the dose disparity is concerning. I used volumetric dosing most of the time when I took 3hopcp, until eventually my tolerance got high enough to the point that I stopped giving a rats ass and went full bore, which didn't really end well.

What does it do to people that makes you stay away?

I’ve been very curious of these various PCP analogs, mainly the idea of a stimulating ketamine really appeals to me but I also see the danger in that as well. At least with K the further gone you are the less you move. I’ve melted my shoes, I’ve cut my hand so bad my arm was covered in blood, just a couple fun things I’ve done K’ed out and not realizing it.

-GC
Out of all the pcp analogs I liked 3hopcp the most, it's warmly euphoric and sedating, somewhat similar to ketamine in that sense. Not quite as mania inducing as say 3meopcp.

To me you can get an idea of that dissociate mania sense with ketamine, but you can't fully grasp the entirety of that experience until you've done pcp or related compounds.

This is definitely concerning. 3-ho-PCP is NOT something to be fucked with. Milligram specific doses are crucial or it can get real ugly.
yeah, it's crazy, and very dangerous, at least they could have done it with a more similar compound, like DCK or 2FDCK

yeah, it's crazy, and very dangerous, at least they could have done it with a more similar compound, like DCK or 2FDCK
Agreed! 3hopcp is fun, but VERY dangerous if not dosed correctly. 2FDCK would be fine as it's enjoyable and the dosage is similar to K.

Didn’t try it but I did try 3-meo-PCP and o boy, it’s extremely bad if any related compound is sold as K. I liked 3-meo-PCP but it’s not “active K”, it’s not similar to K at all imo, at least as dissimilar as for example 2c and DOx chemicals or cacti and TMA-x etc, maybe even as much as 5-meo-dmt and dmt or some similar example. There are some hints of similarity but in fact experiences are something completely different.