• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Walking

Yes. Walking is not the best exercise for weight loss since it doesn't take that many calories though. For example, if you compare walking and running the same distance, you will burn far more calories running, even if the distance you have traveled is the same. Weight loss is a pretty simple matter overall - burn more calories than you ingest and you will lose weight. It's easier to burn more calories running or even jogging, so if weight loss is your goal than I'd recommend that, but if that's not feasible at your current level of fitness than maybe try briskly walking with the goal of building up to running?

Losing weight is firstly down to calories in, calories out. You need to consume less calories than you use. Walking will help increase the deficit but not by much. It is a good starting point in regards to cardio though and it’s good for mental health.

Yes. Walking is not the best exercise for weight loss since it doesn't take that many calories though. For example, if you compare walking and running the same distance, you will burn far more calories running, even if the distance you have traveled is the same. Weight loss is a pretty simple matter overall - burn more calories than you ingest and you will lose weight. It's easier to burn more calories running or even jogging, so if weight loss is your goal than I'd recommend that, but if that's not feasible at your current level of fitness than maybe try briskly walking with the goal of building up to running?
Yeah I get puffed out easily so i'll try briskly walking with the goal of building up to running.