• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Volunteers needed for Ketamine research

damn, i live near NIH too. Too bad i dont suffer from depression (the main criteria for qualification).

Woah! I need to get depressed! IV Ketamine for 40 minutes?!?

in the baltimore city free paper they are always advertising drug studies. i have been in two myself, both were with buprenorphine, one was for a transdermal form of bupe. the other was for bupe maintenance, and to see how agonists reacted while on high dose bupe. (they gave me an injection of what i think was hydromorphone IM into my arm and i was wrecked out pretty hard) there is already a bupe patch is europe but its meant for pain relief. this patch was for opiate detox/maintenance. it looked like a flying saucer, had a dish kinda thing in the middle...

from what the dr's told me, there were only 14 of these patches in the world...haha at least at the time. there are marijuana, cocaine, GHB, ecstasy, methadone and just about every drug being studied...although im pretty sure they dont give you E for the E studies, i think it has more to do with brain scans on E users.

When i was in for one of the studies, there was a guy in there doing a ghb study and on somedays they would get him seriously fucked up haha....if you dont mind being inpatient and being studied and dosed with unknown amounts of an unknwn drug, its not too bad...it def. makes you feel like a guinne pig tho

All or most of the studies are in baltimore at the NIDA and NIH institue. Most of them dont pay much, but if you are homeless or have nothing going for you...then its not a bad way to make $$ highest paying study i can recall paid about 2700 after completion, it was a coke study, they would give you a hep-lock and inject you with pharm grade coke..i bet there are a ton of ppl that would do it for free too lol. The requirements are pretty strict tho for the studies, and they dont tell you why you didnt pass or qualify for one.

Anyone in baltimore that is interested in furthering the cause of scinence in drugs should check them out.