Votes: 1 10.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

twentysix

Bluelighter
I just picked this up, and will write a little about it later- after I've showered and actually had a chance to play it some. So far it's gotten pretty good reviews. 9.4 is the highest I've seen, and 8.8 the lowest.

If you don't know anything about it, you're basically a mercenary in Africa.. and I guess the missions might be a little GTA-ish (for single player), though I'm not sure. The world is an open, 30 sq miles of jungle, savanna, and desert. Multitudes of vehicles, variants.. many weapons.. that jam...

Hmm.. oh yea, and you can build your own maps to play online with. I can't wait to fiddle around with the editor.. Might be one of the first things I play with. It's what made FC the game it was, for me.

Last edited:
Yea.. I really enjoyed the first one. I'm not so sure about this one yet.

-----
I would not advise buying this game until they do some major patching. I couldn't put my finger on what was so wrong with it, before... but it pretty much boils down to this: It has no true widescreen support. Widescreen on FC2 is simply 4:3 cropped down.. and it's terrible. As someone else put it.. it's like trying to play the game through a mail-slit, or something like that. Bioshock apparently had the same problem... and was fixed (on 360 and PC- I just hope FC2 can be patched on 360 without much of a performance hit)

I guess I will keep this game for a time. A thread about it on Ubi's forums has 20,000 hits already... and according to a mod it's been noted... and there should be a response from Ubi, soon.

The game does have potential though, even with it's other setbacks.

Last edited:
Just got it off steam , about 5 minutes in. is fucking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

33m38qs.jpg

2wof6yx.jpg

2h3whh3.jpg

qs89xt.jpg

314axjt.jpg

I have to say that I'm now quite addicted. The widescreen FOV is awkward... but I doubt this game was REALLY developed with a 4:3 set in mind, exclusively, and then cut down for widescreen displays. I think it might've done a Bioshock, where supposedly they intended it to be played on a widescreen, but added the top and bottom details for those with 4:3.

Even still, after seeing the 4:3 image running on my screen, I'd like that amount of vertical, with more information on the sides.

The game has a rather unique upgrade system in MP, where you learn the "manuals" of each weapon. The more you use a weapon, the more of the manuals you were learn. At first your accuracy really sucks with the weapon.. but if you get just a teeny bit on the operations manual, you can notice it fires much more accurately.

I imagine once I get the op manuals up to full, the guns will shoot like a dream.

Great game, gonna trip tonight then go for a walk in the African widerness.

Really liking it so far......

^can't say I've ever tripped with the intention of playing videogames.. though I have tripped and played videogames (and probably knew that's what I'd be doing). I notice I play better. It doesn't really feel like I'm playing any better.. but I got my highest kill streak in COD4 (31) while on a very small amount of mushrooms. I also played Tiger Woods on MDA with my eyes shut at almost all times, and got like.. second place among three-four friends. I can't remember, other than I was pulling off some insane shots for not having my eyes open but a few seconds at a time.

Anyways.

Amazing game :)

Only 12% through it atm. Always do the extended missions when my friend rings me up.

Only just got my internet back, so not tried playing online yet

I bought it today, seems quite good and it's a nice break from the spawn of unoriginal, samey first person shooters. Was cool to see that one of the characters is an IRA man from Fermanagh. However, I was disappointed that your character doesn't speak.

I'll rate it after I've played it a bit more intensely, I'm too sick at the minute :(

Anybody playing MP on this yet? Seems a lot of people are playing only the SP and just disregarding the MP. I know there are reasons, but anyways, I have a question for those that have played with the weapons quite a bit:

What's you're favorite? Do you have one?

I love the Paratrooper rifle. I've got it completely upgraded. As50 is sweet (.50 cal sniper).

I just now got the auto-shotgun, and have been owning a bit in MP with it. In just one week I've racked up about 500 kills with it.

I DESPISE (mp) the BFG-9000 (not it's real name) "Hammer" Grenade Launcher. People use that in MP, people with no idea how to play the game.. they use it and just spam areas with it. It's a freakin scoped grenade launcher. Pretty much a guaranteed ban on most servers.

I enjoy multiplayer, but its often hard to find games on the Xbox.. seems hardly anyone plays or the games have 4 people in. Odd considering the D-Day custom map has about 5million downloads (or am I completely wrong on this figure?)

I like it. Cool game so far. Kind of same-y (that a word??) but the atmoshere is cool.

Aye, getting from one side of the map to the other to do something fairly easy is a bit tedious.. but at least I keep finding new safe houses and guard posts to keep me entertained en route

a lot of people won't play "player" matches because it doesn't save your diamonds/weapons. it's just a hassle to get them every single game, especially when you don't find a stable host for a period of time.

in ranked your upgrades save, so more people play that.

it's a shame, really. i was looking forward to designing some maps. i would, had it not been for the crappy implementation online.

me-personally, i haven't messed with SP too much. when i did mess with it i was still having issues with the FOV. been thinking about picking it up again.

I participated in some "event with a frag-doll" thing on Friday... and I had the most wins. We played 10 rounds, I won 3, and had the most wins. Another guy placed in the top three more often, so another player somehow figured he got first.. But I dunno. I think three 1sts should count more than a few thirds, and a couple seconds.

At first we just used machetes to kill one another.. as that was the plan. Then we switched to flamethrowers, then pistols.. then I dunno what.

I don't like it at all. I think it sucks.

I find the flame thrower and machete cool though that's about it.

i thought this game would be so sick and bought it the first, or maybe second, day it came out

played it for probably 12 hours, and it sucked
.i thought it was going to be the best shit ever, but it wasnt that good... i had high expectations, but it was kinda shitty and overrated

^online?

If that's happening to you, you're gettin some lag.

I have issues with that only sometimes, now- I only play on green/low-ping servers. Usually I can take down four-five guys with a single clip of the paratrooper (the real "usual" would be two-three, but I reload after every use. two three if I'm spraying a lot, but since I aim for the head, often times guys fall down pretty quickly)