• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

LuGoJ

Bluelighter
Anyone else going to be playing?

From the beta leaks I have seen it definitely looks promising and after nearly 6 years of following this game I cannot wait.

Jan 22nd can not come sooner!

http://www.darkfallonline.com/

All I look for in an MMO is PvP. However, I've realized that most people want a lot more than that out of an MMO. For example, I was having a lot of fun playing AoC and probably would have kept playing except everyone else was quitting and I'm not a big fan of empty world MMOs. If there's one thing that kills an MMO faster than lack of good PvP it's lack of crowded zones in all level ranges in my opinion.

I'm worried this game will launch without a lot of dungeons, raid content, player cities, etc to keep the average MMO player entertained and therefore will end up being a huge empty world full of PvP people with no one to attack but each other once every few hours when they see someone. All I've heard about in beta is people killing some mobs, getting a bunch of gear, then fighting players. Not a single world on dungeons, raids, cities, anything beyond the most basic things.

I'll be really surprised if it doesn't pull an AoC and become popular for a month then die when everyone realizes there's nothing to do after you've killed someone for the millionth time.

Good PvP is fun but it's the PvE content to fight over that keeps it interesting. There better be raid mobs and dungeons where you bring your group of friends and beat the shit out of some people and take over their camp. That is the kind of thing that makes PvP worth doing.

All I look for in an MMO is PvP. However, I've realized that most people want a lot more than that out of an MMO. For example, I was having a lot of fun playing AoC and probably would have kept playing except everyone else was quitting and I'm not a big fan of empty world MMOs. If there's one thing that kills an MMO faster than lack of good PvP it's lack of crowded zones in all level ranges in my opinion.

I'm worried this game will launch without a lot of dungeons, raid content, player cities, etc to keep the average MMO player entertained and therefore will end up being a huge empty world full of PvP people with no one to attack but each other once every few hours when they see someone. All I've heard about in beta is people killing some mobs, getting a bunch of gear, then fighting players. Not a single world on dungeons, raids, cities, anything beyond the most basic things.

I'll be really surprised if it doesn't pull an AoC and become popular for a month then die when everyone realizes there's nothing to do after you've killed someone for the millionth time.

Good PvP is fun but it's the PvE content to fight over that keeps it interesting. There better be raid mobs and dungeons where you bring your group of friends and beat the shit out of some people and take over their camp. That is the kind of thing that makes PvP worth doing.

Yeah, some of my best memories were from crashing raids in PoH and PoF in EQ. There is nothing more satisfying than wiping a rival guilds 40 person raid and then making their corpse run a nightmare.

Seems the cities are going to be clan created, so once a few people have banded together then the proper warfare will start.

Not heard of this until now, looks good, and will probably run on my crappy PC

Once the game releases I will do a roll call here.

We should form an alliance, for the first few weeks this game is going to be chaos and I have a feeling that those who aren't grouping will have a tough time.

In all honesty, there will be much bigger groups than what we could produce from day 1.

I have a few friends who are complete WoW and WAR addicts in big clans, I'm sure loads will go over to Darkfall and I'll join them and their already established clan structure

I am sure most of us are already in clans and guilds, it would just be cool to stomp on some heads with other BL people. Of course I am not expecting anyone to give up their clan, I sure as hell wouldn't after nearly 10 years and 6 games with them.

Anyhow, we will see if the 22nd really sticks.

I finally managed to get into beta and I can easily say that It is fucking amazing.

I do have an extra invitation for beta cake if anyone wants it, I am always looking for a good PK buddy

Did anyone else get a preorder? I managed to get mine and I am currently waiting for the servers to come up. Send me a PM if you are playing

Been playing for a few weeks now and I can't get enough of it.

My best memory so far was when my guild arranged a trade with someone for a shit load of reagents, 12,000 gold worth. We got 15 guild mates to all hide in a building near the bank and after the guy checked it out a bit he initiated the trade. We all jumped down and surrounded him so he could not put the stuff back in the bank, killed him quick and got an extra mount in the process. Sucked for him but oh well, that is what he gets for trusting a red clan and being stupid enough to do a trade like that in a red city.

So far Darkfall looks like a disaster and does not live up to any of the expectations and hype that the developers posted in all those journals. I was in the beta, and the game is absolutely boring as hell. I played both Shadowbane and old-school UO and this game is nothing like them except for the fact that you can fight other players pretty freely and loot them. While that's an awesome feature and a definite requirement for any true pvp game, those features alone don't make a game by any means.

Skills are crap, everyone uses the exact same skillset because, honestly, only about 3 skills matter. Weapon (2-handed of course), archery, enough magic to cast mana to stamina. On the subject of skills, are these anything like UO's skill system, where you progressively get better as you use the skill? Nah, the number just goes up and you get access to some worthless special abilities at increments of 25, 50, and 75. Almost like levels!

Crafting is also a disaster because it is much less efficient than just looting the items from the incredibly easy-to-beat (or exploit) AI of the NPCs. There is no diversity to crafting or to the materials you can gather. The wood (or ore, cloth, stone, herbs) you can gather around the starting area are exactly the same as the materials you can gather in the hardest areas of the game. No diversity, no interest, no sense of development or accomplishment.

I love pvp, but the game has to have a world full of substance to back the pvp up, otherwise its just a glorified deathmatch. FPS games do that better, AND they don't cost $15 a month. There have to be things to fight over besides made-up grudges and shit-talking rights.

All the game has to offer is deathmatch-style combat with the added benefit of knowing that you wrecked somebody else's day by taking their stuff of destroying their city. A lot of people get off on that, and I'll admit that I have my moments when I do - like when a person has particularly pissed me off or whatever. But that alone definitely does not give a game decent lasting power to stay interesting and fun.