• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vicodin Withdrawal

A32james98

Greenlighter
Hey guys, this is day 4 or 5 of cold turkey withdrawal from Vicodin. I have been using since quarantine, and I had never tried them before then. I started out with a buddy of mine maybe twice a week and I fell in love. Unfortunately 2 times a week turned into 3-4 to 5-6 to everyday and usually around 30 mg a day. The first two days of withdrawal have been terrible and I already have anxiety issues to begin with. Sleeping is harder than ever before even if I take melatonin or xanax. I feel like shit because I have hid it and lied about taking it for almost 9 months. At the same time I have a great sense of joy knowing that quiting now and not looking back is the best thing I could ever do. I hope for everybody out there dealing with something similar that they realize the harm of these and quit now before it becomes worse. I can't imagine a life where I could lie everyday to everyone and go on like this.

Hey guys, this is day 4 or 5 of cold turkey withdrawal from Vicodin. I have been using since quarantine, and I had never tried them before then. I started out with a buddy of mine maybe twice a week and I fell in love. Unfortunately 2 times a week turned into 3-4 to 5-6 to everyday and usually around 30 mg a day. The first two days of withdrawal have been terrible and I already have anxiety issues to begin with. Sleeping is harder than ever before even if I take melatonin or xanax. I feel like shit because I have hid it and lied about taking it for almost 9 months. At the same time I have a great sense of joy knowing that quiting now and not looking back is the best thing I could ever do. I hope for everybody out there dealing with something similar that they realize the harm of these and quit now before it becomes worse. I can't imagine a life where I could lie everyday to everyone and go on like this.
Take this opportunity to jump ship now before you're in too deep.

All the best... 1st post - so welcome to the community ;)

Last edited:

I believe I was also at nine months when I tried to quit my addiction (tramadol) behind and I was able to be almost two months clean, until I relapsed again. After that, it's been a cyclical story (quitting > relapsing). Positive thing is you seem more secure in wanting to quit and be sober, I've never been 100% sure I want to be clean.

I'll be honest with you and tell you that during these months, stop visiting these types of sites or similar, unless it's Recovery Support forum, but the other forums only give you cravings.

I believe I was also at nine months when I tried to quit my addiction (tramadol) behind and I was able to be almost two months clean, until I relapsed again. After that, it's been a cyclical story (quitting > relapsing). Positive thing is you seem more secure in wanting to quit and be sober, I've never been 100% sure I want to be clean.

I'll be honest with you and tell you that during these months, stop visiting these types of sites or similar, unless it's Recovery Support forum, but the other forums only give you cravings.
This replicates almost everything I feel/have done..

I tend to use Bluelight when I'm craving/thinking about using (falling off the wagon) ... Although I'm sure if anyone one was to check my post history there will be obvious incidences where I'm typing things when I'm off my head, or regrettable/stupid things written during a blackout!

Getting cleans means returning back to the person I was. And the person I was, was the person who wanted to escape the way I was feeling/thinking... So I used drugs to not feel/think that way. Unless that is truly addressed/fixed then I fear I will never get clean... (Which I'm currently trying to do with the help of a psycho-social support worker.

Honestly you are almost outta woods. You're so.close. Don't be temped now to take a little to help you sleep as it will set you back also.
Never ever look back at opiates. They suck you back in soooooo quickly if you let your guard down... good luck.
I must have quit and relapsed 100times easily. Now I've been on methadone 4 years.

Careful now.

This replicates almost everything I feel/have done..

I tend to use Bluelight when I'm craving/thinking about using (falling off the wagon) ... Although I'm sure if anyone one was to check my post history there will be obvious incidences where I'm typing things when I'm off my head, or regrettable/stupid things written during a blackout!

Getting cleans means returning back to the person I was. And the person I was, was the person who wanted to escape the way I was feeling/thinking... So I used drugs to not feel/think that way. Unless that is truly addressed/fixed then I fear I will never get clean... (Which I'm currently trying to do with the help of a psycho-social support worker.

Yeah. When I was clean this year between January and March, I tried to get into bluelight, or the subreddits drugs or opiates as little as possible. I don't know but it makes me too craving to read all those messages while I'm sober.

In fact, I tried to disconnect as much as possible from anything drug-related (even the music I was listening to while high or movies with drug use). The movie thing is pretty easy, you just have to read the PG on iMDB. :LOL:

And I know another user who was the same, that's why since it's clean he never visited the site again. It sounds pretty drastic and maybe a lot of people don't like my opinion.

You may tell me that I am too weak, but that's the way I am.

Yeah. When I was clean this year between January and March, I tried to get into bluelight, or the subreddits drugs or opiates as little as possible. I don't know but it makes me too craving to read all those messages while I'm sober.

In fact, I tried to disconnect as much as possible from anything drug-related (even the music I was listening to while high or movies with drug use). The movie thing is pretty easy, you just have to read the PG on iMDB. :LOL:

And I know another user who was the same, that's why since it's clean he never visited the site again. It sounds pretty drastic and maybe a lot of people don't like my opinion.

You may tell me that I am too weak, but that's the way I am.
I understand what you are saying. You're not weak. Those are all triggers. You should avoid all those things if you are trying to maintain sobriety. :)

4 or 5 days is great, you should be past the worst of it, and you're almost there!

Be REALLY careful using xanax, make sure not to use it more than a few days in a row, with breaks of 2 days between stretches. You do NOT want to trade an opiate addiction for a xanax one, as xanax withdrawals make opiate withdrawal seem like a walk in the park.

4 or 5 days is great, you should be past the worst of it, and you're almost there!

Be REALLY careful using xanax, make sure not to use it more than a few days in a row, with breaks of 2 days between stretches. You do NOT want to trade an opiate addiction for a xanax one, as xanax withdrawals make opiate withdrawal seem like a walk in the park.
Its been a full week now. Feel great and honestly the only problem is digestive lol. Xanax haven't been taken in 3 days and honestly I hate taking it anyway so I def wont from here on out. Times for change it wasnt easy and I will remember how bad it has been next time I think of taking it. Thanks for the love and support guys!

Its been a full week now. Feel great and honestly the only problem is digestive lol. Xanax haven't been taken in 3 days and honestly I hate taking it anyway so I def wont from here on out. Times for change it wasnt easy and I will remember how bad it has been next time I think of taking it. Thanks for the love and support guys!

Great news @A32james98 :love:

I hope you continue well. The most difficult is over.

My regards.

We are proud of you but this is when the hard work starts please don’t think you’ve made it just take one day at a time we believe in you

Truth. The hard part is down the line when your brain convinced you that this time, you'll be fine to use it responsibly.. It's very difficult to actually remember how bad it was. If you can know ahead of time that your brain is going to do that to you, that think about our posts on here telling you about it, and use that to not relapse "just this once"... then our work here has paid off.