• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos valium withdrawals, insomnia, valium alternatives for insomnia, and related stuff

t_xeplionhell

Bluelighter
So before 9 months and 21 day, I took 20mg valium once, and then 10mg for 1-1.5 weeks for chest pain which I got because of Invega, after that I cold turkied valium, how long would that withdrawal usualy last and can it be a problem that I cold turkied it?

After around 2 months from that last 10mg dose I took x3 2mg valium during the day and drank 3ml vine but that was 5-4h after valium, could that make issues with my whole situation.
Before 1 month I started valium 5mg for sleep because I couldnt sleep without it, then next day I dropped dose to 2.5mg and I could sleep. I continued with 2.5mg dose for 2 weeks and then dropped to 2mg for 2-3 days, after that I dropped to 1.25mg and Im currently on it, Im afraid I wont be able to sleep without it.

5mg melatonine + 5mg valium before sleep would allow me around 3h-4h sleep.
After I started taking Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) 1500mg, melatonine 6mg, 1g magnesium(gave me moderate diarrhea), before sleep, I started sleeping 5h-7h even on 1.25mg valium.
I stopped taking magnesium yesterday because of nausea and diarhea but I could still sleep 5h-6h. Does magnesium acumulate in body? Does Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) accumulate in body.

When I wake up I feel like train run over me - exhaustion thing. This exhaustion started after I added Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA), but I don't complain, because its more important that I sleep.

A 1958 study was the first to look at GABA’s relationship with the blood-brain barrier, and it found a lack of one: GABA could not cross the barrier. Later studies in ‘58, ‘71, and ‘88 confirmed the barrier’s impermeability to GABA. The evidence seems all but clear until you throw a few more studies into the mix. Studies done in ‘80, ‘81, ‘82 and ‘02 found that GABA did cross the blood-brain barrier, just in minuscule amounts. This could explain the conflicting study results. It may not be that GABA cannot enter the brain, but just that it’s removed from it very rapidly.

I pretty much felt those 1500mg of GABA, stronger than 2.5mg valium, it feels different but similar. Effect lasts long, 4h+ and makes me sleepy but also helps to fall asleep. Is it possible to build tolerance on GABA (keep on mind its same substance used+produced in brain).

Dropped GABA intake to 500mg and now I sleep 2h-3h, I would rather sleep like that and feel more refreshed in morning than feel knocked out almost whole day actualy.

Why are you taking the GABA and magnesium supplements? And from my understandings GABA doesn't cross the blood-brain-barrier. So that may partially be placebo effect.

Best Wishes

So before 9 months and 21 day, I took 20mg valium once, and then 10mg for 1-1.5 weeks for chest pain which I got because of Invega, after that I cold turkied valium, how long would that withdrawal usualy last and can it be a problem that I cold turkied it?

After around 2 months from that last 10mg dose I took x3 2mg valium during the day and drank 3ml vine but that was 5-4h after valium, could that make issues with my whole situation.
Before 1 month I started valium 5mg for sleep because I couldnt sleep without it, then next day I dropped dose to 2.5mg and I could sleep. I continued with 2.5mg dose for 2 weeks and then dropped to 2mg for 2-3 days, after that I dropped to 1.25mg and Im currently on it, Im afraid I wont be able to sleep without it.

5mg melatonine + 5mg valium before sleep would allow me around 3h-4h sleep.
After I started taking Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) 1500mg, melatonine 6mg, 1g magnesium(gave me moderate diarrhea), before sleep, I started sleeping 5h-7h even on 1.25mg valium.
I stopped taking magnesium yesterday because of nausea and diarhea but I could still sleep 5h-6h. Does magnesium acumulate in body? Does Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) accumulate in body.

When I wake up I feel like train run over me - exhaustion thing. This exhaustion started after I added Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA), but I don't complain, because its more important that I sleep.
Those doses are very low, if you do get some wds it's just gonna be some rebound anxiety/insomnia. Unlike me, If I stop my 6mg clonazepam a day...I get nauseous, depressed, my head hurts, brain fog and if too many days pass I can have a seizure. Don't u worry with your doses, it's gonna b a walk in the park.