• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Valium prescribed for lumbar spine injury...why?

zephyr

Ex-Bluelighter
I did something to my lower spine and have been bed ridden for 2 days in extreme pain. Tramadol didnt help pain but made me sleep through it. Then was prescribed celebrex and valium.

Why would doc prescribe valium for this?

The valium was prescribed as it helps reduce muscle spasms. It's quite often prescribed with anti inflammatories (celebrex) and pain killers in combination.

I crushed my T5 vertebra and was prescribed valium twice for 'soft tissue damage' lol...stupid GP should've ordered an X-ray...

I ended up getting a spinal cortisone injection for busted l5 disc which seems to have worked. I noticed gp just looked at my current meds and valium was on there and she rescripted me after looking at that ao thought she was throwing pills at me so i didnt ask for opiates. To be honest some endone would have worked for the pain for the time until i could get it fixed. Opiates do have a good use so its a shame they are overlooked .
Never had such excruciating pain. Itll be back when the injection weats off.

Sounds bloody nasty, zephyr.
Hope you feel better soon. Back pain is the worst.

be careful with celebrex make sure you eat food with it and don't take for a long time. If it keeps up get a xray bro, sounds worse then a soft tissue sprain etc.