• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using suboxone to get off heroin. Keys to feeling back to normal quickly?

Sage.

Greenlighter
Hello there. I'm new here, so I do apologize if this is a thread topic that everyone is tired of seeing, I would just really appreciate some up to date advice. I was an IV heroin user for four years. About a year ago I got a suboxone script, but I was still doing dope most of the past year with short periods here and there where I would use the script to hold off withdraw, but I would normally end up relapsing in less than a week, even on subs, because I just wasn't ready to give it up.

Well the past 3 months I've been taking the suboxone much more frequently and regularly, but I've also dabbled back into the shit a lot in the last 3 months too. Going back and forth from one to the other. I would usually take 8mg a day, each morning. Well I'm currently four days clean. I used dope one day. I was clean 7 days before that use. Used 3 days. and was clean like a week before that use too. So I guess you could say I've been chipping in a sense. Maybe not the actual definition of chipping, but I'm just trying to paint a picture. Well the last four days I lowered my dose to 4mg, and other than having low energy and not being able to sleep the first night, I haven't really experienced any withdraw symptoms from cutting the dose from 8mg to 4mg.

You know what they say about 2mg pretty much being the same effects as 8mg because it's not like you are getting positive euphoric effects or a 'high.' So here's the plan, I have 50 strips left. I do not want to go back into any sort of a maintenance program. I really really really want to get off all opiates so I can get my brain to heal. I have issues with dealing with low energy/motivation from PAWS as long as the mild depression/anxiety that currently goes along with it. I know from past experience that I will REALLY be feeling it when I'm off the suboxone.

So basically I'm asking with advice on the best taper so I can avoid withdraw symptoms. I realize that it's impossible to avoid all withdraw, but I'm hoping since I haven't really been on it that long, and I've never really used it long term for maintenance so I'm wondering if I'll have the same issues that users who used suboxone for years will experience? I'm also getting into nutrition, exercise, and vitamins and supplements, because other than the suboxone, (and good ole mary jane of course) I am trying to do this naturally.
I'm currently taking:
L-Lysine
Fish Oil
Valerian Root
Melatonin

I want to get, but haven't bought yet:
bee pollen (fresh would be awesome, but its not that time of year where I live)
L-trysosine (sp)
Multivitamins

anyone know of anything else that will help once I'm lower on my taper and starting to feel PAWS, && advice on a quick recovery for when I'm completely off subs. I know mentally I will not feel well whatsoever, and physically I'll probably feel exhausted for awhile but I'm hoping caring about nutrition (low fat high protein. Low sugar. Low carb), and exercise I should feel much better.

Also, if I'm able to ween off with less than 50 strips I'm willing to do that because I really don't want to increase my addiction to bupe because I've heard its complete hell to get off of. I just want to use it to minimize my withdraw and hopefully increase my chance of staying off dope. I've tried many times in the past to get clean and have failed each time. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to kick this demon of opiate addiction. I know there will be light at the end of the tunnel on the otherside of PAWS. Anyone have an idea how long that may last? I just want to be completely prepared as to increase my chances for doing this.

Thank you for all your help.
Sorry again if this is a repetitive thread. Like I said, I'm new here guys!!

Soooo I'm on 1/2 of 1mg of sub. Everytime I tapered w/ docs advice I was getting sick. Once at 4mg I tapered like twice as slow as he said n was w/d free till I got to the 1/2mg I'm on now. Been on subs everyday 3 1/2 years. Tried taking 1/4mg or skipping a dose n was hitting ppl up for opes . Doesn't help our addict brains at all just keeps us away from opiates, if I could go back I wouldn't be on subs this long I would have just used them like u r trying to, 6months at the maxxxxxx . Now I'm just addicted to my subs n look for opiates if I don't have my dose : / sorry it's discouraging it is for me to but its the truth & I'm not trying to rob anyone of the facts

Basically what I'm saying is you hav a very good outlook on it it seems & are very motivated to be clean...just like I was 4 yrs ago when I got on subs & if you take subs for as long as I have I can only speak from personal experience but that motivation I had has deff long passed me

Sorry but there is no "fast" way to get clean or back to normal..if there was some kind of formula you wouldn't be asking as it would be well known..as for supplements that would help anxiety, l theanine would help..

As for getting out of the low mood Paws throws your way, I might can try l tyrosine but I got nothing from it..the only thing that has helped is exercise, hard exercise..

As for dealing with the low energy, I have no answer here..I took caffeine after getting off methadone but all that did was give me a quick nervous bolt of energy for 30 minutes, then I'd crash and feel even more tired..id avoid caffeine if I were you, u might try to get a script for welbutrin, it could help..the low energy, motivation and no enthusiasm is what drove me insane..lasted forever..

Sorry but there is no "fast" way to get clean or back to normal..if there was some kind of formula you wouldn't be asking as it would be well known..as for supplements that would help anxiety, l theanine would help..

As for getting out of the low mood Paws throws your way, I might can try l tyrosine but I got nothing from it..the only thing that has helped is exercise, hard exercise..

As for dealing with the low energy, I have no answer here..I took caffeine after getting off methadone but all that did was give me a quick nervous bolt of energy for 30 minutes, then I'd crash and feel even more tired..id avoid caffeine if I were you, u might try to get a script for welbutrin, it could help..the low energy, motivation and no enthusiasm is what drove me insane..lasted forever..

You said lasted forever....as in passed tense...I currently being driven insane by the low energy motivation & enthusiasm lol....what was the thing that was able to help you w/ that? Wellbutrin?