Writing-up [USA] Medical Research Study for the Opiate Dependent

PurpleLibra

Bluelighter
I found an advertisement in a local magazine (South Florida) regarding a study using an injection for opiate dependency. Although it was advertised in a local paper, it appears from their website that they are also conducting similar studies in South Carolina and Colorado.

The ad reads as follows:

Are you opiate dependent seeking treatment with methadone? If so, you may be eligible to participate in a medical research study on an investigational study drug injection for opiate dependency.

Qualified participants must be:

- Dependent on opiates (heroin or prescription pain killers such as Oxycodone, Hydrocodone Roxycodone, Morphine).

- 18-60 years of age.

- Willing to stay inpatient for 32 days.

- Be able to attend outpatient visits approximately twice a week for at least two months.

Those who qualify will receive:

- All study-related care, evaluations and investigational study drug injection at no cost.

- Compensation up to $2395.00

For more information call toll free 1-877-734-2588 or visit their website at SegalTrials.com

I thought I saw somewhere on this site where stuff like this is posted, but for the life of me I cannot find it. If this post is a Bluelight no-no, then I apologize and please remove same.

Thanks PurpleLibra, you've come to the right place with this advertisement. Hopefully some eligible people will take up the opportunity!

"up to $2395 in compensation"

I wonder what determines how much compensation you receive? Im guessing its based on your salary/how much you will lose out on for taking the time off to do this.

Anyway, these studies never seem to be located anywhere near where i live. Except for one that started up in New York - though obviously right after i moved away from New Jersey ha.

Anyway im wondering what drug(s) the injections will consist of?