• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids urinary issues

downerman79

Bluelighter
Hello bluelighters. We all know opioids can cause urinary retention in significant number of people and it's considered to be a normal side effect. But has anyone experienced urinary incontinence a few days after an opioid wears off that sometimes lasts for days? Like frequent urge to urinate, similar to infection. Sometimes with slight burning. Not related to withdrawals, I'm not physically dependent. It's like they do something to my prostate or my bladder that causes this. I have read a few posts from people with the same problem over the past 10 years, but it seems to be really really rare. Which brings me to a conclusion that there might be an underlying condition exacerbated by opioids. All this started to happen after I snorted something that was sold as speed, but God knows what it was, and it gave me the worst UTI of my life. All opinions highly appreciated. Thanx.

Something about intravesical pressure sorry I wish I could help more .

Do u do other drugs too?
At the moment, I don't do any drugs except small doses of diazepam (tapering). Haven't used an opioid in 3-4 years. But I did all kinds of drugs in the past, mostly benzos and booze but also opioids, (at least 10 different kinds), all kinds of benzo/barb-like downers (dozens), stims too, but not that much (not my kinda thing), hallucinogens a few times, but as I said mostly depressants. However, I'm inclined to believe that this strange occurrence is related directly to the specific incident that I mentioned above with dirty powder I snorted believing it was amph. It caused a severe UTI, it passed, but it would recur every time I'd used an opioid. One time after oxy I even had some strange white chunks in my piss, did a piss test and there were slightly elevated levels of albumin. It doesn't happen with small doses of codeine and with tianeptine (possibly because tianeptine is very selective and I haven't noticed that it affects bladder muscles that much). Oh, and I have never used ketamine (known to mess around with bladder) so it's not that.

At the moment, I don't do any drugs except small doses of diazepam (tapering). Haven't used an opioid in 3-4 years. But I did all kinds of drugs in the past, mostly benzos and booze but also opioids, (at least 10 different kinds), all kinds of benzo/barb-like downers (dozens), stims too, but not that much (not my kinda thing), hallucinogens a few times, but as I said mostly depressants. However, I'm inclined to believe that this strange occurrence is related directly to the specific incident that I mentioned above with dirty powder I snorted believing it was amph. It caused a severe UTI, it passed, but it would recur every time I'd used an opioid. One time after oxy I even had some strange white chunks in my piss, did a piss test and there were slightly elevated levels of albumin. It doesn't happen with small doses of codeine and with tianeptine (possibly because tianeptine is very selective and I haven't noticed that it affects bladder muscles that much). Oh, and I have never used ketamine (known to mess around with bladder) so it's not that.
I mean opioids definitely alter bladder function but not permanent damage I'm aware of like after like you're saying

I have ketamine bladder cystitis and opilids will sometimes actually make it worse pain if the dose isn't high enough to cancel the pain

Has anyone experienced worse urinary retention with the mallinckrodt brand oxy?