• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Urgent: I’d there a a way to stop a benzo blackout

You’d need Flumazenil
Flumazenil (Romazicon) is a competitive benzodiazepine receptor antagonist that can be used as an antidote for benzodiazepine overdose.

Flumazenil is not something that someone administers at home and is also difficult to obtain. It is also short acting and would require a number of doses.

Get someone who is good at punching to give your face a couple jabs and keep doing it until you wake up

Totally would not work. If someone OD's you need to call the ambulance right away. Cold water, punching, slapping does nothing for a real OD as your breathing is done for. Heavy dose of narcan is all that will really work to shock your body and remove whatever is on the receptors. Or benzo antagonist. Usually they will start right away with narcan, though if they know opiates are involved.

Last time I OD ended up with a silly amount of bruising on my chest just from the CPR. The fucker had a ring and was imprinted for like a week. And was slapped and punched by my friends. Didn't wake me up. Only repeated doses of narcan IV into my neck. CPR maybe kept me alive is all until the narcan kicked in.

That day was nuts since there was like 20 empty narcan rigs in the back seat of this car. Several of us OD that day. Oddly there was still dope and benzos in the center console. Empties flying around outside the care. They didn't even care about making an arrest. Just saving everyone.

Just for future reference, wouldn't a shot of strong meth prevent one from losing memory produced amnesia caused by benzos? I really doubt I could black out on meth
Just recently I blacked out for several hours after taking a Xanax and/or Valium after doing meth all day. I had no tolerance for the meth or benzos... So I must've taken more afterwards. After being blacked out for some unknown amount of time, during which I must've been smoking more meth, I just suddenly snapped back to consciousness in my apartment and it was a mess, as was my part of my downstairs neighbor's (landlords) apartment, as I found out the next day... In my stupor, I had let myself into their backdoor sometime after midnight and spooked the shit out of them and was spilling drops of half-freebased meth off of foil all over the floor. I had also mixed it in some minced onions and cheese on the foil for some damn reason. That was one of the most mortifying experiences of my life and has so far kept me sober ever since. I'm very lucky that they didn't call the cops on me or even evict me. My landlord said to me, "It's OK. It was out of character. I know you're a good guy and these things happen once in a man's life, but just don't let it happen ever again." World's best landlord.

Moral of the story: you never know what can happen when you combine drugs of all kinds and especially what you might do afterwards.

Last edited:
Why? Are you saying I'd still be blacked out but full blown awake on meth? That sounds like how I'd end up with a life sentence honestly
It's a terrifying feeling. The whole next day, I couldn't shake the feeling I had done something terrible during my blackout. Turns out that was true. Maybe not life sentence worthy, but jail time nonetheless.

Flumazenil
Even in the ER the guidelines seem to say that Flumazenil is contraindicated in deliberate overdoses where tolerance is assumed due to risk of seizures. It is indicated in one time accidental overdoses though.

I thought a rapid dose of activated charcoal might work but apparently that’s a no no too. Basically ER protocol is ride it out and don’t attempt to increase elimination. Resucitate where required.

Best to head straight for ER in any overdoing of potent benzos.

Reactions: Ds
Just recently I blacked out for several hours after taking a Xanax and/or Valium after doing meth all day. I had no tolerance for the meth or benzos... So I must've taken more afterwards. After being blacked out for some unknown amount of time, during which I must've been smoking more meth, I just suddenly snapped back to consciousness in my apartment and it was a mess, as was my part of my downstairs neighbor's (landlords) apartment, as I found out the next day... In my stupor, I had let myself into their backdoor sometime after midnight and spooked the shit out of them and was spilling drops of half-freebased meth off of foil all over the floor. I had also mixed it in some minced onions and cheese on the foil for some damn reason. That was one of the most mortifying experiences of my life and has so far kept me sober ever since. I'm very lucky that they didn't call the cops on me or even evict me. My landlord said to me, "It's OK. It was out of character. I know you're a good guy and these things happen once in a man's life, but just don't let it happen ever again." World's best landlord.

Moral of the story: you never know what can happen when you combine drugs of all kinds and especially what you might do afterwards.
So, What did you say?? That you were fucked up and accidentally entered your neighbor, landlords residence?? And they were like, It's cool, kinda of shit happens??

Flumazenil..... but you probably don't have access to it.

Other than that I never found a way..... the person is just a wrecking ball of stupid energy ready to destroy or hurt themselves. Just gotta babysit the person and let time work itself out.

Also adding on amphetamines.... let me just say this.

Me personally am fine on just benzos and booze or high dose benzos. When I add amps... all of a sudden I have energy to go with my benzo brain and better get the bail money ready.

So, What did you say?? That you were fucked up and accidentally entered your neighbor, landlords residence?? And they were like, It's cool, kinda of shit happens??
Pretty much, and that I don't remember any part of it, I'm very sorry, it'll never happen again, etc.. They clearly knew I was fucked up the night before, since when I walked into their apartment I assume I was acting out with my meth'ed up benzo brain as well as there being a literal trail of half-burnt, spilled drug evidence going from my door to theirs. Before talking to my landlord though I spent a few hours cleaning all the spilled drugs (and minced onions / melted cheese) off of the stairwell between our apartment floors. So it was pretty apparent that not only was I fucked up the night before, but that I was trying to make it right. So they are either very forgiving landlords and like me enough to give me another shot or don't want to go through the hassle of finding a new tenant. My guess is the 1st option. Still, it's going to be awkward between us for some time to come.

There is only one way to block the effects of a benzo OD and thats the benzo antagonist Flumazenil but its a prescription only medicine and you'll only get it in a hospital setting as well.