• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Unusual DRIs

Since we're talking about Re-uptake inhibitors. I would like to shine some light on Diclofensine. It sounds somewhat promising.

Anyways, I'm still trying to figure this out. Why was it dropped from clinical development, possibly due to concerns about its abuse potential? Why does it matter if it has abuse potential? Especially if it can benefit people. It even states that it had benign side-effects, so why would it matter if a few people abused it? I'm so mad!

However, this one is still on human trials ATM and also looks interesting, it's another Triple monoamine reuptake inhibitor (SNDRI) Amitifadine.

Last edited:
Diclofensine was offered by "vendors" a while back, the conclusion was that it's a very poor euphoriant and not worth anyone's time as an antidepressant. There used to be a rumor that it was so hypersexuality-promoting that it turned rats homosexual, but there was no basis to that.

Diclofensine was offered by "vendors" a while back, the conclusion was that it's a very poor euphoriant and not worth anyone's time as an antidepressant. There used to be a rumor that it was so hypersexuality-promoting that it turned rats homosexual, but there was no basis to that.

I was unaware of it ever becoming a drug on vendor websites.

Know anything about the other one I posted?

Another thing to note (I'm being a captain obvious) but cocaine also inhibits 5-ht and NE reuptake in addition to being a DRI. Just because a drug inhibits DA reuptake, does not mean it has recreational value, take ethylphenidate. Also 4-(diphenylmethyl)pyridine is lipophillic and could pass the blood-brain barrier very easily, and i assume a longer half-life as it's not an amine derivative like so many other DRI's. That's all i could say about it. So it could hold recreational potential, but then again, DRI doesn't entail awesome recreational value.

Another thing to note (I'm being a captain obvious) but cocaine also inhibits 5-ht and NE reuptake in addition to being a DRI. Just because a drug inhibits DA reuptake, does not mean it has recreational value, take ethylphenidate.

I don't think getting recreational value is as simple as blocking the reuptake of both dopamine and serotonin. If that was the case, I could take some ethylphenidate with my SSRI meds (I'm on 20mg citalopram / day) and expect a great stimulant high. I think there's some still unknown mechanism that causes the differences in effect of various DRIs.

This one has had me pretty damn curious for a while: Chaenomeles speciosa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaenomeles_speciosa

Some anecdotal stuff on the world wide web, and I wonder how rockin' it might be if one was on selegiline for a while (while exercising great restraint necessary for that experiment).