• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Unless you're like a seven year Heroin addict or something, is Methadone Maintenance ever actually a good idea?

User145667

Bluelighter
Been on lesser opiates for a year, trying to avoid messing with Heroin again. Honestly, I would have switched to heroin a long time ago if it wasn't for the Fentanyl crisis.

Now im spending 30-120 dollars a day on percs/hydros/poppy tea along with a Tianeptine addiction (at least one bottle of Pegasus Gold/TD Reds a day, all 15 pills taken at once, usually 2 or 3 bottles if i can afford it). I tried Suboxone about 8 months ago, but it seemed to have a weird reaction to my Lexapro. Plus, it didn't get me high like it did when i was a kid, and im sorry, but I am extremely mentally addicted to the high. The physical dependency just makes the mental addiction 3 times worse, is all.

Anyhow, Methadone is SO much cheaper, but if im having trouble getting off of what I am on now, I feel Methadone is only going to make things even worse. If i cant sweat it out for 5 or 6 days, how am i ever going to do an entire month? And as if my tolerance isn't already high enough (have to take 10 vicodins and a bottle or two of Pegasus/TD's and still ain't even satisfied) i feel Methadone will only jack my tolerance up even higher, and if things dont work out Fentanyl will probably be my only option for a high when its all said and done. So what the hell do i do?

On one hand I am sick of and despise this addiction, but on the other hand, the only thing that makes me happy in life rn is being high on opiates (im homeless, have no SO, no family around, ect. And i feel like God has all but abandoned me). I know im not ready to be completely sober yet, but I also don't want to see things get worse. And all my money is going towards this shit. The only way I eat is because my job at Taco Bell gives free meals, and I dumpster dive at a tobacco store for vapes in order to fuel my nicotine addiction. Basically all my money is going towards this shit and its miserable. Kratom doesn't even work any more, so that's not an option. Please pray for me friends.

The tempting part is MMT will cost about 14 bucks a day instead of 30-120 a day. I wanted to do this long enough to save some money up (at least 2 grand) and then eventually stock piling some Proglumide and Memantine (I found a supposed source on the DNM's) so as to lower my tolerance enough to where Kratom will get me high again, and just maintain with that. Sound like a good idea, or no? I can't keep going to work in withdrawal mode and not sleeping for days, IT IS HELL. But one wrong move and Methadone will make my life much worse, I feel. (Plus I hate the idea of having to ride the bus to the clinic every day, especially working a night shift job). Surely there is a better answer to my problem, right? Cold turkey won't work. Its just too tempting to buy Tia at the Tobacco shop, especially when the withdrawals start getting really bad.

I HATE THIS

Last edited:
Did you ever tried methadone? Do you like it?

Not that long ago, some 20? years ago, in my country getting on methadone if you were younger than 30 years was avoided as much as possible. Now-days it’s a lot different. Tried heroin, here’s bupe. But they also start shifting (back) toward methadone a lot more, that’s last years, candy-bupe is a thing for decade(s).

Been on lesser opiates for a year, trying to avoid messing with Heroin again. Honestly, I would have switched to heroin a long time ago if it wasn't for the Fentanyl crisis.

Now im spending 30-120 dollars a day on percs/hydros/poppy tea along with a Tianeptine addiction (at least one bottle of Pegasus Gold/TD Reds a day, all 15 pills taken at once, usually 2 or 3 bottles if i can afford it). I tried Suboxone about 8 months ago, but it seemed to have a weird reaction to my Lexapro. Plus, it didn't get me high like it did when i was a kid, and im sorry, but I am extremely mentally addicted to the high. The physical dependency just makes the mental addiction 3 times worse, is all.

Anyhow, Methadone is SO much cheaper, but if im having trouble getting off of what I am on now, I feel Methadone is only going to make things even worse. If i cant sweat it out for 5 or 6 days, how am i ever going to do an entire month? And as if my tolerance isn't already high enough (have to take 10 vicodins and a bottle or two of Pegasus/TD's and still ain't even satisfied) i feel Methadone will only jack my tolerance up even higher, and if things dont work out Fentanyl will probably be my only option for a high when its all said and done. So what the hell do i do?

On one hand I am sick of and despise this addiction, but on the other hand, the only thing that makes me happy in life rn is being high on opiates (im homeless, have no SO, no family around, ect. And i feel like God has all but abandoned me). I know im not ready to be completely sober yet, but I also don't want to see things get worse. And all my money is going towards this shit. The only way I eat is because my job at Taco Bell gives free meals, and I dumpster dive at a tobacco store for vapes in order to fuel my nicotine addiction. Basically all my money is going towards this shit and its miserable. Kratom doesn't even work any more, so that's not an option. Please pray for me friends.

The tempting part is MMT will cost about 14 bucks a day instead of 30-120 a day. I wanted to do this long enough to save some money up (at least 2 grand) and then eventually stock piling some Proglumide and Memantine (I found a supposed source on the DNM's) so as to lower my tolerance enough to where Kratom will get me high again, and just maintain with that. Sound like a good idea, or no? I can't keep going to work in withdrawal mode and not sleeping for days, IT IS HELL. But one wrong move and Methadone will make my life much worse, I feel. (Plus I hate the idea of having to ride the bus to the clinic every day, especially working a night shift job). Surely there is a better answer to my problem, right? Cold turkey won't work. Its just too tempting to buy Tia at the Tobacco shop, especially when the withdrawals start getting really bad.

I HATE THIS
Wouldn’t recommend it. I was on 120 a day for years. Coming off it was a nightmare. The PAWS lasted over a year. I came off heroin, OxyContin, adderall, and a slew of miscellaneous others. Most, I’ve came off separately, but none of those were as awful as methadone. Stay on the lowest possible dose if you decide to do.

I HATE THIS
And your thoughts on Suboxone/Buprenorphine? I was an opiate pill user and went on Subs so I could stop scoring. I’ll eventually have to get off subs but at least my life is in control and well.

Just taper. Get someone to hold your pills for you. I was on methadone and i personally wouldn't touch it again.

The thing is that no matter what your on your tolerance will kill the high. Methadone is extremely potent. Jack it with alprazolam and you likely have one of the most potent combos. I'm ten years off this combo.. and holy fuck was it true nightmare to get off. Its a ride and the farther you take it the harder your road home.. and getting home.. well its pretty amazing.

Just saying we all need to get home in the end. Stay safe and God speed home!!