• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Uni assignment help

BTB

Bluelighter
Cheers all,

I have an assignment at which I am at a bit of a loss....perhaps this belongs in a different forum...if so, perhaps BilZ0r can move it

the whole psychosocial field is abit out of my realm....neuroscience is more my forte....

I am required to write about this topic....

"1)
If you have had any experiences in inpatient and / or outpatient drug rehabilitation facilities in this country, think about policies that are in action therein and how they intersect with thetheoretical framework(s) addressed in the articles.

2)Consider any anecdotal information that you know about subjective effects of cocaine abstinence, how might you devise a rehabilitation system that takes this into consideration."

I am a lab rat, and my experiences in inpatient/outpatient rehab centres are nill....can anyone help me with this?

I am sure I can sort this on my own...but I respect all of you...and I'd like to hear some of your experiences in these matters......perhaps I can help you with some biological/neuronal dialogue in exchange

Respectfully,

BTB

...what theoretical frameworks?
Also, what country are you from? I'm assuming GB/Other european country as I don't know many americans who use "Uni" when referring to post-secondary education.

Or are you just looking for people's experiences, and that's it?

I'm just a bit confused as to exactly what you're looking for here...

USA... ;)

just information about peolpe's experiences with inpatient and / or outpatient drug rehabilitation facilities.....and the policies of this system that relate to articles (articles were about psychpharmacological approuch to therapy....and we all know the controversy methadone has caused)

Thanks....that helps :)......any anecdotal reports anyone?

Well, the outpatient program that I'm currently in isn't psychopharmacological at all (lots of CBT), but if you're interested anyway I'd be glad to offer you what I can on it. It'll have to be tomorrow though cause right now I'm crashin like 9/11 (not related to psychoactives, just worn out/might be sick).

You could try looking for stuff relating to Dr Deborah Mash (might be spelt Debra or one of the other variants )- she's the one in charge of the program in Florida (Miami - quite appropriate!) where they've been using ibogaine to try and help people with cocaine dependancy (didn't realize that ibogaine was as useful fore coke addicts as it was for opiate addicts)

Apologies. I have a different view of death and tragedy than most.

I should be more considerate when speaking publicly.