View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Unbelievably underwhelming DMT experience

justme6263

Bluelighter
So I am very confused at my recent DMT experience. I had just invested in the direct emesh vape set up as seen on DMT nexus after hearing some amazing stories about it, breakthrough with 20mgs, so I had high expectations.

Me and two of my housemates decided to give it a go last Friday and we weighed out 20mg each and get the vape set up to the recommended settings, I went first and honestly it was the most underwhelming psychedelic experience I have had for a long time and lasted for barley five minutes. My two friends felt the same. The peak was for around 90 seconds and, while it was confusing, it was not visually impressive at all which was even more confusing. We decided it would be an issue with the vape set up so fiddled around a few more times each but still had no improvement in experience.

Me and one of my friends decided we would up the dosage considerably and see how that went. We both went with 60mg each and thats when it happened, I personally had that intense experience I was expecting but it was rather different to what I'd expect of DMT and seems like what people described of 5 MEO. A pure pure white light and not knowing who I was at all, but being aware I was travelling somewhere and this vibration which wouldn't stop. Strange because it wasn't colourful or geometric or anything. Just a pure white and a feeling like I was shooting through the universe at warp speed.

My friend who did 60mgs too also had a stronger experience but definitely more DMT-esque. He was still in his body and in the room, aware of who he was, but had the geometric patterns and amazing colours (he said his hands were like they were made out of solid gold, which sounds pretty cool) but he never broke through.

All in all these were the weakest DMT experiences I have ever had and even when I had the strong experience it wasn't anything like the typical DMT experience from my past experiences. All of them aside from the 60mg one was very very weak and short, the big one was even only 5 minutes long. I had high expectations of this set up but as this was the first time I had ever used this source for DMT I've put it down to that.

Any thoughts?

How sure of your source are you? 60mg should be breakthrough terretory ime too. Have you had success with other methods? That would at least give clarity on whether it's the product or the method.
If it is the product you could recrystalise it to clean it up if its a bit waxy with a minimal amount of hot naphtha. But I'd assume its the method thats the issue. If you have enough try changing the settings on your vape, maybe you're getting incomplete vaporisation? How much residue remains on the mesh and what does it look like?
I've always had excellent results using a dry bong or pipe at a push. Get a really thick layer of ash in the bowl, put the dmt on top and add another layer of ash on top of that. Make sure the flame doesn't suck down into the bowl by holding it at an appropriate distance. The dmt will melt into the ash and vaporise without burning if done right, and 60mg will be more than enough to breakthrough.

Xtals are hit or miss untill you find a good setup and techique.
20mg is quite low though, maybe if its totally pure and you inhale it perfect.
Most i know need around 50mg to have a high chance of jackpot.

I rarely even touch xtal anymore, i like changa for going deep and dmt vape pen for lower doses.

I've always had excellent results using a dry bong or pipe at a push. Get a really thick layer of ash in the bowl, put the dmt on top and add another layer of ash on top of that. Make sure the flame doesn't suck down into the bowl by holding it at an appropriate distance. The dmt will melt into the ash and vaporise without burning if done right, and 60mg will be more than enough to breakthrough.
That's always been my method (dry bong/ash) and have had total breakthrough ego death every time with a circa 50mg dose - such a simple setup but oh so effective

Sounds to me that the OP product was poor

Crystals can be hit or miss cuz (especially depending on which polymorph) the BP is so damn low and very easy to burn the material. This is why many prefer waxy DMT or Changa as both allow for better vaporization, and with Changa of course the added MAOI’s..

-GC

Yea, is really easy to burn the material instad of vaporize it. To me it sounds like that.s what happened. If yoy still have some DMT left, you can try to take it oral with IMAO to get an aya full trip

Thanks for the replies. Just to answer a couple of questions - I did a couple of test runs without inhaling and observing the results of vaporising and each time there was a clear case of vaporisation rather than burning and after every use there was zero residue on the mesh. I have tried it using the GVG I have and had pretty poor results with that two, although it should be said I have less than consistent results when using the GVG.

What I had wasn't chrystals and the yellow powder type DMT, the first time I've had such. I really am at a loss because after consulting others and telling them the settings on the vape set up it seems I should have been having strong results. I fiddled around with settings too and never got any better than the originally recommended set up. I guess I will pick up from a different source and see how it goes.

So I am very confused at my recent DMT experience. I had just invested in the direct emesh vape set up as seen on DMT nexus after hearing some amazing stories about it, breakthrough with 20mgs, so I had high expectations.

Me and two of my housemates decided to give it a go last Friday and we weighed out 20mg each and get the vape set up to the recommended settings, I went first and honestly it was the most underwhelming psychedelic experience I have had for a long time and lasted for barley five minutes. My two friends felt the same. The peak was for around 90 seconds and, while it was confusing, it was not visually impressive at all which was even more confusing. We decided it would be an issue with the vape set up so fiddled around a few more times each but still had no improvement in experience.

Me and one of my friends decided we would up the dosage considerably and see how that went. We both went with 60mg each and thats when it happened, I personally had that intense experience I was expecting but it was rather different to what I'd expect of DMT and seems like what people described of 5 MEO. A pure pure white light and not knowing who I was at all, but being aware I was travelling somewhere and this vibration which wouldn't stop. Strange because it wasn't colourful or geometric or anything. Just a pure white and a feeling like I was shooting through the universe at warp speed.

My friend who did 60mgs too also had a stronger experience but definitely more DMT-esque. He was still in his body and in the room, aware of who he was, but had the geometric patterns and amazing colours (he said his hands were like they were made out of solid gold, which sounds pretty cool) but he never broke through.

All in all these were the weakest DMT experiences I have ever had and even when I had the strong experience it wasn't anything like the typical DMT experience from my past experiences. All of them aside from the 60mg one was very very weak and short, the big one was even only 5 minutes long. I had high expectations of this set up but as this was the first time I had ever used this source for DMT I've put it down to that.

Any thoughts?
Did you have covid or did you injected the vaccine?
Maybe it sounds stupid but I think things like that could probably affect your mind.