European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gabapentinoids UK Phenibut

Forever Changes

Bluelighter
Does anybody here use Phenibut? I bought a bottle of capsules some years ago but they no longer seem to sell them.

And is it true that Phenibut is not actually a nootopic ("smart drug") but that was just a label it was marketed as to prevent attention being drawn to it?

I was also just looking around the web to buy some and while it was all over the supplement/fitness stores both on the street and online, it is no longer available anywhere in my country. And I've never saw any news of it being banned or something. Would love to get my hands on some again.

it seems to be legal in most countries at the moment, although I'm sure the ban-vultures are circling

I took 4 grams yesterday and it felt a bit weird, and not in a fun way.

Took 3g today and don't feel anything

it seems to be legal in most countries at the moment, although I'm sure the ban-vultures are circling

I took 4 grams yesterday and it felt a bit weird, and not in a fun way.

Took 3g today and don't feel anything
You’ve quite a tolerance with pregabalin though don’t you? They have cross tolerance.

^ do they? Is that because they're both Gabapentinoids?

I don't really know how much my Pregabalin tolerance is tbh because I can go for weeks without taking any and then take some and it still has little effect. Maybe Preg tolerance never goes away completely...or I was just born with it!

from what I've experienced so far the effects of Phenibut and Pregabalin are not the same

^ do they? Is that because they're both Gabapentinoids?

I don't really know how much my Pregabalin tolerance is tbh because I can go for weeks without taking any and then take some and it still has little effect. Maybe Preg tolerance never goes away completely...or I was just born with it!

from what I've experienced so far the effects of Phenibut and Pregabalin are not the same
Phenibut is much stronger but I’d say because you’ve used pregabalin at high doses then that might be why you’re having issues. I’d let that pregab tolerance drop a bit and see what it’s like then. There’s a good phenibut thread.

@MsDiz do you mean phenibut is stronger gram for gram?

do you find they have similar effects?

Last edited:
@MsDiz
Every time phenibut come up in a thread I waana link them to that thread by xorkoth and can never find it. So I pick a few other thread that are on topic. Just sooo much experience with phenibut and any/all other substances here it befuddles me. Thanks I will keep that link in my pocket or sump'n....

the effects of Phenibut and Pregabalin are not the same
Agreed. Although structurally similar (iirc), they have very distinct differences.
Pregab makes me feel like I have I have had shots of vodka: feeling off balance and general sense of discombobulation - acuteness depends on dosage of course.
Phenibut is energetic, on point and mostly "light" in regards to mental-state as there is little to no stress and/or anxiety.
They both relieve "stress" for me but to be similar they could not be farther from it, IMO.
I wonder if phenibuts many actions at varying dosages could be classified as other than a "gabapentinoid". At low dose it seems to pick one "up" but at higher dose it seems to feel more of a strong anxiolytic that can lay one down for a good rest.
Pass out on phenibut and it is a nice sleep with a peppy dawn when rising with the sun.
Pass out on pregab and ya aint moving til some of it wears off... lol And sloppy drunk without the puke and spilled whiskey running all over the floor.May even pee yaself. :)

Just a few words from our sponsors. These are just words and are not meant to be seen as real or the the will of scknrch.
<3

I was addicted to phenibut for - errrr I'm not sure. 9-12 months maybe? And while different in effects to pregabalin, but structurally very similar, I found zero cross tolerance with gabapetin. I used to switch to gabapentin for a good few days to allow phenibut tolerance to reduce substantially, but they are thought to act on different receptors entirely with gabapentin not quite being the gaba activator they initially thought and the pharmalogical profile quite uncertain. Interestingly what reduced my gabapentin tolerance after then taking shit loads of that for a time, was supplementing 400mg chelated magnesium at a time (not at the same time as gabapentin). This dropped my gabapentin doseage from my baseline of 4-5 x 300mg to 2-4 x 300mg.

I've actually found no phenibut (or gabapentin) cross tolerance with benzos either, or alcohol. Even with ridiculous benzo tolerance, 1200mg phenibut still works. But phenibuts absorption rate/bioavailability is obscure and inconsistently weird.

The trick to phenibut is an empty stomach, patience, and lots of caffeine/coffee. When I was taking phenibut breakfast just wasn't a thing, which is great for losing weight =D. I've had it kick in fully after 30 minutes, mostly after 2 hours, sometimes 3-4 hours (common-ish), today I had some and it took 6 and a half hours (quite uncommon), and once I took some at 6am and it kicked in really hard at 4pm, ten hours later.

The effects are subtle but are basically:

-Mood enhancer (generally positive)​
-Social enhancer​
-Makes you horny​
-Makes you have a good day​
-No cognitive or memory impairment​
-A sort of twingy feeling in the head, a bit like GHB or, less so, MDMA​

It's definitely a drug, but the lack of impairment and generally subtle effects can make it seem unlike one. It's certainly unique. Totally unlike alcohol or benzos IME, like I've seen some claim.

I've been addicted to it for years - currently on around 14gs a day. :confused:

I get mine from China - Been stopped by customs twice. Once they said they tested it and it was diphenhydramine (bullshit). Nothing has gone past me getting a letter saying that it's in customs and if i believe i have a right to it to send it in writing. Ignored them both times.

PS. Hello again EADD. Been a loooong time.